You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I get the impression Strauss doesn't want him back.

You couldn't blame him either.

If his recent form had been more consistent I'm guessing more allowance would be made for him but there must come a point where the drawbacks outweigh the advantages.

Oh, and dont Sky just love this? I've not missed it at all

If his recent form had been more consistent I'm guessing more allowance would be made for him but there must come a point where the drawbacks outweigh the advantages.

Oh, and dont Sky just love this? I've not missed it at all

I reckon there would be, but the England management and players look like they've reached Pietersen fatigue now.

His mere presence drains energy, focus and concentration from the team.

For those interested in a bit of cricket history, this mini-series is finally going to air in Australia this Sunday. It's called 'HOWZAT! Kerry Packer's War' and basically re-lives a period in the late 70's that forever changed cricket around the world.

For those who don't know, he was the other media tycoon in Australia next to Murdoch, but was a passionate cricket man, and a stone-cold business man. This 'project' he undertook allowed him to be both. A fascinating story and when/if it is shown in the UK, check it out:

Howzat! The Kerry Packer Story

First time I've been genuinely excited about a piece of Australian TV since The Paul Hogan Show, which ironically is depicted in this mini-series, as one of the comedians in it, John Cornell, was Kerry Packer's right hand man in launching World Series Cricket. The secret agent among the players was, of course unsurprisingly, Tony Greig.

First time I've been genuinely excited about a piece of Australian TV since The Paul Hogan Show, which ironically is depicted in this mini-series, as one of the comedians in it, John Cornell, was Kerry Packer's right hand man in launching World Series Cricket. The secret agent among the players was, of course unsurprisingly, Tony Greig.

The South African that captained England and supports Australia. As long as the cheques are right.

Sky covered the Packer story during a test series a while back, they did it quite well too. Would be interesting to watch this to see how much more new information comes out.

The South African that captained England and supports Australia. As long as the cheques are right.

Sky covered the Packer story during a test series a while back, they did it quite well too. Would be interesting to watch this to see how much more new information comes out.

I think you'll find, Lifey, that this will be more dramatisation and entertainment/nostalgia/period piece than digging up new dirt/expose.

But it will be great fun to watch. The 70s were boss and I think they might have got this recreation right.

I'm hoping for an Australia version of "The Damned United", which I thought one of the finest sporting period pieces I've ever seen.

I think you'll find, Lifey, that this will be more dramatisation and entertainment/nostalgia/period piece than digging up new dirt/expose.

But it will be great fun to watch. The 70s were boss and I think they might have got this recreation right.

I'm hoping for an Australia version of "The Damned United", which I thought one of the finest sporting period pieces I've ever seen.

Got you, I thought this would be a more factual series. Would still be interested in watching.