You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Pistonbroke

Windies beat Pakistan.

Braithwaite becomes the first opener to end a test not out in both innings.

He'll be bringing a special bat out pronto. 

Are there any good female commentators yet?

No.

I feel sorry for them in a way because it's much easier for them to model themselves on Nick Knight than Michael Holding, for example. But every one I've heard on the radio or Sky has been fucking atrocious. Real cringeworthy shit. It's a shame because there are plenty of women that would be capable of doing a really good job, but as is the way in sport it appears you have to be, or have been, and international to get the job.

Guest Pistonbroke

After eventually having a decent nights kip I'm only just catching up with the Australia v SA game. Aussies were going along smoothly then lost all 10 wickets for 86 runs to eek out a 2 run lead over the SA's first innings score. SA in the second innings are 11/0. This Wacca pitch is still very much bowler friendly, the cracks will also start appearing at the end of today/beginning of day 3, i'd be surprised if this game goes into a 4th day. 

Windies beat Pakistan.

Braithwaite becomes the first opener to end a test not out in both innings.

It's a damn shame he was off the field for a few overs after his big innings in the 1st, or he'd have been on the field for the entire Test match. That'd be a staggering feat for a game that went into the 5th day. Happy for the Windies. 

As for today, fuck me dead, this team and the selectors are clueless. At home against a SA team without AB, with a single run contribution from Amla and a single wicket before injury to Steyn. Their 3 best players with a combined contribution of fuck all. Yet this Australian team manage to somehow go from being 84 behind on 1st innings with all 10 wickets in hand, to being 100+ behind with the visitors still holding 8 wickets. It has to seriously be one of the worst days in Australian cricket. Just embarrassing. 

We've got a guy batting at 6 with an average under 23 after 20 Tests. A keeper that bats at 7 who also doesn't average even that. Yet they then go and select a bowler in the 12-man squad over another who has some reasonable form at Test level. Why? Because he can bat a bit!! Joke. 

If we can't beat an understrength (albeit fine) team at home in South Africa, I don't even want to think about the upcoming tour to India, given Australia's last NINE Tests in Asia have resulted in defeats. FFS they didn't even allow us much time to revel in England's spectacular collapse against the Bangas! 

I went with my 6 year old lad to cricket this evening. Turned out there was one coach for about 40 kids so I am now coaching the next generation of Australian fast bowlers.

In good news for English cricket, most of them were pretty crap.

#He bowls to the left, he bowls to the riiiight,

Jose Jones coached him, his bowling is shite#

• Upvote 2

Are there any good female commentators yet?

Ebony Rainford-Brent is OK but a bit too 'laddish' if that makes sense.

Donna Simmons from the West Indies used to be excellent and Ali Mitchell is very good.

I haven't heard her commentate (she only does BBC 5 Live champ matches) Bit Elizabeth Ammon (@legsidelizzie) writes vert well about the game. 

Is it just me or are a lot of pitches now days getting better to bat on in days 4 or 5. When in the past pitches used to deteriorate massively. Now often they just go flatter. Makes it tricky when having to set targets.

Guest Pistonbroke

Warner gets run out when Australia need to bat a day and a half to save the Test. Fuck me dead. Great fielding though.

You look buggered mate, Smith out now. 145/3.