You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Pistonbroke

So, I'm going to enjoy your summer and have a subsequent miserable winter, eh G?

Winter is ace..... I see Australia trounced the Windies by 9 wickets! 

Durham won again in the T20, top of their division but have played more games than the others. 

Guest Pistonbroke

I was thinking more of that other sport played in winter.

Which might be especially frosty this year I think.

With you now....ehhh, winter could be a long one on both fronts, England are in South Africa. 

Good T20 win for Lancs, putting Yorkshire away off the last ball. All of the England lads out for Yorkshire but no Jimmy Anderson for us ? Buttler could be immense for England if he keeps training on.

Oooo Lancy Lancy Lancashire!

I played last weekend for the first time in about 4 years. Was great. Got 2 wickets but have been fucked all week

First league game tomorrow

• Upvote 2

Good T20 win for Lancs, putting Yorkshire away off the last ball. All of the England lads out for Yorkshire but no Jimmy Anderson for us ? Buttler could be immense for England if he keeps training on.

Suck us off, Yorkshire.

He might come from cider drinking country, but he'll do for me Jos Buttler.

Ian Ward can do one though pushing the agenda that these T20 games should be named after cities, with night's game being Leeds v Manchester. There's no chance any team named Manchester is getting my backing. At least Vaughan pooh-poohed it, making the point a lot of the Yorkshire fans would have travelled from the likes of Hull and Sheffield.

I'm a Somerset fan. Gutted to have lost both keepers in the last year. Proper shame for Kieswetter - only 27 and years ahead of him. To have lost two keepers of their class hurts but Buttler is quality. Just hope England use him properly.

In other news Chris Gayle is enjoying his time at the county ground. If ever a ground suited him it would be Taunton.

Ian Ward can do one though pushing the agenda that these T20 games should be named after cities, with night's game being Leeds v Manchester. There's no chance any team named Manchester is getting my backing. At least Vaughan pooh-poohed it, making the point a lot of the Yorkshire fans would have travelled from the likes of Hull and Sheffield.

Agree with that city thing. What a load of shite. I'm all for moving with the times but that is barking. Change for the sake of it. What does it add. As you say Lancs being Manchester or Yorkshire turning in to Leeds. Wrong.

Guest Pistonbroke

I'm a Durham fan and the lack of media coverage when they won the League in 2008, 09 13 really pissed me off. 

Warwickshire - Birmingham Bears.

You fucking what?

Totally agree. They've already done that shit in Australia. The state of Victoria owned the T20 competition in the first few years, then they did this city thing (ie two Melbourne teams, effectively splitting my state team) and relaxed the rules so that players are virtually free agents for the T20 competition, making it harder again to identify with them. 

Oh, and the fate of the once great Frank Worrell Trophy was decided in 3 days of cricket. 3 fucking days. I remember an Ashes series in Australia a decade or so ago that was decided in 11 days and I thought that was bad. Fucking hell. 

Put that in the 'shitness of modern cricket thread' alongside 'too much T20' and 'bats are too fucking big'.