You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What Car?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What Car?

Should I get, I don't know shit so I'm throwing it out there for the GF.

Needs to be able to haul as well as myself; Mrs. Stouff, Rupert, Frank and two beasts.

My options are either a Black Volvo V50 (Full cream leather & all the toys)

4633a-car-volvo-v50-1.jpg

or

2011+Volkswagen+Passat+Estate+EU+Version.jpeg

Cobalt Blue VW Passat estate (With most of the toys).

Poll to follow.

Congratulations on your retirement.

Retirement my arse; I is one refined motherucker holmes.

I like the Passat, dunno why. I just do.

Just don't get a Subaru Bellend like cockmuncher next door.

Subaru bellend now has an A3; and has bought loads of Audi t-shirts and jackets, proper Audi bellend. On a side note his missus drives a shitty Peugot with a "Girl Racer" sticker in the back; I live next door to some proper arseholes me.

Having thought it through, I'd come to that conclusion...

However, Rupert is how old now? And Frank?

Two babies + white leather = bad.

Rupert = 18 months

Frank = -3 months

I though leather would be "easy clean".

My dad has had 3 or 4 volvos and loves them. He has an estate V70 and when questioned on the need for an estate, he says 'I can get a set of ladders in the back, 10 bin bags to go the tip, and still have a passenger. How many people can you get on your bike?'

I assume by 'beasts' you mean dogs?

If so, cream leather?

Seriously???

This

Having thought it through, I'd come to that conclusion...

However, Rupert is how old now? And Frank?

Two babies + white leather = bad.

This

Rupert = 18 months

Frank = -3 months

I though leather would be "easy clean".

It's not as easy as you might think, the crap from shoes hanging over the kids car seats almost ingrains into the leather.

Possibly. Is black leather an option?

I would go for black if it's an option, even if it is (or not, i'd still go for leather over fabric) then i'd also get seat protectors and possibly a piece of tarp for the foot wells to catch all the food and vomit. Actually, can't you get one of these?

TheHomer-300x171.jpg

I've never drove a passat but the volvo i had as a courtesy car a few years ago was top notch car sex, so i vote for that.

Guest Slim(fast)Shady

What a shite thread....as if what anyone says on here will make any difference....you just wanna be flash and say "oh look at me...i've got this life changing choice to make"..

In times when most are skint....me being one,i couldn't careless what car you get...to be honest!

What a shite thread....as if what anyone says on here will make any difference....you just wanna be flash and say "oh look at me...i've got this life changing choice to make"..

In times when most are skint....me being one,i couldn't careless what car you get...to be honest!

Why should anyone give a shit about your sensibilities just because you are too stupid to have a decent job? I too have a very nice car which cost a lot of money. I mock you and your poverty.

The new VW's look the nuts Stouff - and with cars, as with bitches, for me, it's all about the look.

Getthefuckouttamythreadyoumassivequim.

What are the engine specs?

Passat has a larger boot and more leg and head room in the back than the V50. Cream interiors can be a bugger to sell on later, personally would never have light uppholstery with kids/anilmals.

I would go for the Passat being German designed etc, have an Audi myself and the build quality is second to none.