You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pepe talked out of leaving by his wife in January

Randy Marsh

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously other people were approached before Hodgson because had they not been it would have looked very very bad.

But wasn't Broughton quoted as saying the medias perception of our next manager was an important factor in the decision or something along those lines? I'm almost certain I remember reading that.

That to me screams English Manager. And Hodgson was being touted for fucking ages very very strongly before he was appointed.

Obviously other people were approached before Hodgson because had they not been it would have looked very very bad.

But wasn't Broughton quoted as saying the medias perception of our next manager was an important factor in the decision or something along those lines? I'm almost certain I remember reading that.

That to me screams English Manager. And Hodgson was being touted for fucking ages very very strongly before he was appointed.

See now were back to speculation, Deschamp is on record of saying he turned us down yet people still try to dismiss it as it was just a cover for Hodgson.

Hodgson was a terrible appointment, a totally shit one to be fair, the mistake our board was not getting rid of Rafa although some will disagree which is there right and a totally different argument but not already having a replacement of better quality lined up. For all there faults Parry and Moores had Rafa lined up before Houllier got sacked.

Anyway bedtime for me, goodnight

Why is it you think they didn't speak out?

Because they didn't want to get dragged into the mud-slinging and didn't think it was their place, as employees of the club, to speak out about the owners.

That's their prerogative, just something I strongly disagree with.

The point Code makes is an interesting one though John. I honestly don't think our new owners wanted Rafa here when they took over. It was much easier to sack Hodgson and replace him with Kenny' date=' than it would ever have been to sack Benitez and then bring Kenny in..[/quote']

I don't think JWH and co. ever planned on hiring Kenny Dalglish tbh.

Implying that Purslow did us a favour by appointing Woy and could foresee our troubles on the pitch leading to the appointment of Dalglish, someone he'd already made a fool out of, is just utterly insane.

Can anyone sum this up for me?

Some people will overlook overseeing the worst financial state of this club ever, handing out some crippling contracts that are still weighing on the finances, selling and signing players while we didn't have a manager, spouting shite to the press at every opportunity, taking the piss out of the fans, and appointing the worst manager in our history, because the shithouse AIDS has rotted their brains.

See now were back to speculation, Deschamp is on record of saying he turned us down yet people still try to dismiss it as it was just a cover for Hodgson.

Hodgson was a terrible appointment, a totally shit one to be fair, the mistake our board was not getting rid of Rafa although some will disagree which is there right and a totally different argument but not already having a replacement of better quality lined up. For all there faults Parry and Moores had Rafa lined up before Houllier got sacked.

Anyway bedtime for me, goodnight

Well its all speculation, I can't honestly pretend to know the ins and outs of what went on. No one can.

But in my opinion, it was so obvious Hodgson was basically the front runner that even the dogs in the street could have told you. Robbie reckoned it was because Hodgson was English, I think thats certainly a large part of the reasoning.

Because he was being championed by the media who Broughton admitted would be a factor in deciding who would be our next manager, now the caveat there is I can't remember what it was exactly he said but I'm almost certain he said something along the lines of the medias perception of the manager of Liverpool was important.

Can anyone sum this up for me?

The Poisonous cunt,hired "Liberace" knowing it would be a fuck up,

and Kenny would don his Clark Kent cape and save us from relegation,

oh and for good measure, we like throwing money away,

so we spent in excess of £10m to ditch both Rafa and "Liberace"

This is how forward thinking the little cunt was and how his master plan came to fruition

Purslow was brought in to get investment - and failed. He was told to sell the club - and failed. Broughton was the one who eventually sold the club and achieved what he was brought in for, and sold us. Also told a lot that the first chance he got he moved Purlsow on. I don't think Broughton thought much of Purslow at all.

We've moved on superbly obviously, but we need to get into the CL this season to take that next step of been able to attract all the top talent again. We could again risk losing the likes of Reina or Suarez.

I think it'd be interesting to hear what other squad members have to say about that whole period from the start of the 2009-2010 season unil we were sold.