You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's never coming back, no chance. He left to play Champions League football after all. He's burned his bridges with us, no chance Kenny would want him back, in my opinion.

Even if we get in the top four unless his form dramatically improves he'll fuck off back to Spain for a top four side or less in the summer to raise his profile for his beloved national team if he's still struggling to get back in, similar to Owen to Newcastle.

Saying this I've probably jinxed it and he'll hit top form now, the fuck.

He'd probably walk into an Italian side.

A part of me is puzzled to see a once prolific and deadly striker falter so badly. But at the same time, he's not our player anymore, so I'm not too arsed by what he's said about his teammates. Besides, it's what all the pundits and everyone else already knew: Chelsea are an aging team. But Torres is not performing to standard. So pot, kettle and black.

This is what you call karma..

Don't want him back as that gives him another opportunity to shit on the club, and the prick doesn't deserve that opportunity. Hell, the prick doesn't deserve to wear the Liver bird ever again.

Fuck him and the lady-boy that that he rode in on.

The current Liverpool side is crying out for a finisher like he is on form never mind on top form. Suarez, for all his qualities, doesn't look to be a clinical finisher. Carroll I doubt is/will ever be good enough.

Not saying bringing him back would be a good idea (he seems to have burned his bridges well and truly) but it's obvious we need a striker like this.

shooting-yourself-in-the-foot.jpg

Ah, but it isn't is it? Unless you think that Torres is doing this deliberately to force a move then it isn't shooting yourself in the foot. The meaning of that phrase has gotten all fucked up. People shot themselves in the foot deliberately, to get out of war, and not by accident. And they usually got what they wanted.

Ah, but it isn't is it? Unless you think that Torres is doing this deliberately to force a move then it isn't shooting yourself in the foot. The meaning of that phrase has gotten all fucked up. People shot themselves in the foot deliberately, to get out of war, and not by accident. And they usually got what they wanted.

Maybe the original meaning was that you think youre helping yourself, but really all you end up with is a gangrenous, horribly painful death.

Execution by firing squad is what they wanted? Wouldn't it have been quicker to shot themselves in the head?

His first season for us was sensational to be fair but so much of the play breaks down at his feet because he can't play football. He's a good finisher but he's too moody. He also looks very awkward on the ball at times especially in the wide positions or if he comes deep. I don't ever see him coming back and to be honest, my only gripe with that transfer is we were caught late in the window by those cunts and after spending fuck knows how many weeks pricking around with Ajax for Suarez we then went walk about for Carroll.

That season was already shot to shit. Suarez is well capable of playing up front on his own so the management must have known that? Why we went buck ape for Carroll I will never know. Fair enough, if Kenny wants him wait until the summer and try pay a price that fits the value of the player but £35m seems twice as crazy as the Torres fee simply because Torres had already scored 65 premier league goals. Carroll has 37 career goals, period.

I remember thinking at the time, this guy is not serious enough about his career to move to Liverpool and I genuinely feel that playing for Newcastle, scoring a few goals a season and out for a few pints is all this guy wanted and that's fair enough. Maybe Gerrard might be able to get something out of him but I don't ever see him being prolific for us.

£85m spent on 2 players that can't get in their teams 4 games into the season?

Absolute madness.

To be honest I thought come the end of this season he'd go back to Atletico in a swap for Aguero, but Man City ruined my prediction.

I can definitely see him back in Spain come the start of next season. I reckon he already realises he's made a dreadful mistake, not necessarily leaving us, but going to Chelsea instead.

From todays mediawatch over at F365 -

Mediawatch is struggling rather with this whole Fernando Torres thing.

After his own website reported him telling LigaBBVA.com that Chelsea's players were old and slow, Torres protested innocence and claimed his words were mistranslated.

It's an excuse that's as old as the hills, and certainly doesn't seem to wash when it was his own website that did the (mis)translating.

But here's the really weird thing - the 'offending' section of the interview, in which Torres apparently declared his teammates were creaky octogenarians, was conducted in English. Look for yourself here - the Anglo Saxon begins at around 2.35.

[YOUTUBE]lpAsyPRzxck[/YOUTUBE]

And further to that - as you'll have spotted if you watch the interview - he actually doesn't say anything about Chelsea being old and slow. He says Juan Mata and Daniel Sturridge will offer them a quicker more 'vertical' style of play, but it's hardly the kicking that some would have you believe. Nothing, according to people who know more 'foreign' than us, is said on the subject during the Spanish portion of the interview.

The problem seems to have arised from someone translating his English words into Spanish, then translating them back into English, and thus creating a problem from absolutely nothing.

A strange affair all round.

-------------------------

And on a related note, fuck him.

Lampard's been just as fucking shit but Torres is making the headlines with the manager making him the scapegoat.

So it seems that changing the manager is not the solution, as the problem still remains the core players still run the team.

I've got little sympathy Torres, but VB is just another cowardly shithouse who'll bow & scrape to Terry & co.

Try & play to Torres strengths you paid enough for him. You've got a talent there that if you combined all the other Chelsea strikers you wouldn't even get 50% of Drogba included.

But they won't because the lot of them are fucking bad dickheads.