You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sorry Leicester, we don't accept returns

KirkdaleRick

Who said I was on about Insua? Could have been on about our other "big-boned" left back Dossena but now you come to mention it I would take Konchesky all day long over Insua too. Opinions eh! Dossena didn't get half the shit Konchesky got despite being as bad if not worse. Insua ditto.

I would have Dossena over Konchesky, but Konchesky over Insua.

Guest ShoePiss
Who said I was on about Insua? Could have been on about our other "big-boned" left back Dossena but now you come to mention it I would take Konchesky all day long over Insua too. Opinions eh! Dossena didn't get half the shit Konchesky got despite being as bad if not worse. Insua ditto.

Ha! The Dross was and is better than Konchesky, Insua is younger than Spearing so he has time on his side. Konchesky has been shit for years and doesn't have the luxury of time to improve his game.

You're in good company though, good old Roy liked him too.

Dossena didn't get half the shit Konchesky got despite being as bad if not worse. Insua ditto.

A player who scored against Man Utd and Real Madrid gets less shit than a player who was a liability in every game? Who'da thought it?!

Its not like Konchesky went without praise either, you, Code and others worshipped the ground he walked on to be fair.

Maybe because Dossena isn't a kid and was 26 when we signed him? Apart from that, yeah, you could definitely have been talking about him *facepalm*

A player who scored against Man Utd and Real Madrid gets less shit than a player who was a liability in every game? Who'da thought it?!

Its not like Konchesky went without praise either, you, Code and others worshipped the ground he walked on to be fair.

He really wasn't a liability in every game. People were waiting for him to fail and highlighted the slightest of errors he made. I said he would be a good solid signing. So what. I would still take him over the 7m Drossena and the Mars Bar kid.

Drossena only scored those goals because he was playing in attacking left sided position (both as sub) because he was such a horrible liability at left back. No fault of his own of course considering he had not played there for years but still didn't stop our scout good old Eduardo recommending him as a left back in a new league. Other than that you have a point.

Ha! The Dross was and is better than Konchesky, Insua is younger than Spearing so he has time on his side. Konchesky has been shit for years and doesn't have the luxury of time to improve his game.

You're in good company though, good old Roy liked him too.

Insua is younger, typical get out clause that one isn't it. What does that have to do with anything when he can't run, isn't likely to gain ten yards of pace from somewhere and always gets caught out of position and gets caught the wrong side of defenders time and time again.

Dossena gave the worst left back performance I have ever seen from a Liverpool player in the Hull 2-2 draw much worse than anything Konchesky produced.

Fact of the matter is none of them were good enough but it seems some people only wanted one of them to fail to prove some kind of point.

Edited by Juan Galonso

Dossena and Insua are better than Konchesky. Konchesky is our worst left-back since Dicks. Absolutely brutal.

Correct. He's a truly appaling player. What used to wind me up was that he did actually run around a lot and look like he was trying, and yet still somehow always managed to be about fifty yards out of position. He was like the T-1000 in the midst of a really, really, really bad trip.

Insua is younger, typical get out clause that one isn't it. What does that have to do with anything when he can't run, isn't likely to gain ten yards of pace from somewhere and always gets caught out of position and gets caught the wrong side of defenders time and time again.

Dossena gave the worst left back performance I have ever seen from a Liverpool player in the Hull 2-2 draw much worse than anything Konchesky produced.

Fact of the matter is none of them were good enough but it seems some people only wanted one of them to fail to prove some kind of point.

That is complete bollocks.

Surely everyone would hate Meireles aswell in that case?

I actually think you know Konchesky was hopeless and by far the worst of the 3, you just got yourself in such a rut of "anyone or anything but Benitez" that you couldnt dare go against anything Hodgson did and still cant. Shame really.

Not now John, we've got to get on...

Guest ShoePiss

Him being younger than Spearing is just a fact, not a get out clause. He showed promise initially when used sparingly. Later he was dropped in the deep end playing every game and sank unfortunately. It's pertinent because he has years to learn the game and showed some potential initially. It's possible that if he was used as an understudy (and he would have if we'd had money) for a longer period things could have turned out much different but we won't really know now.

I think Dossena is better than Konchesky, lots of people appear to agree with me. We could both bring up things all day to add weight to our opinion but I'm sure we've got better things to do really.

As for your last point, never have I wanted anything but the best for our team and I'd never will a player to fail simply so that I personally come out being 'right'. It doesn't even enter my head, the team comes before my own insecurities. I'll always be happier saying I'm wrong about something and the team doing well rather than the opposite.

Only an insecure cunt prefers to be right rather than the success of a player and ultimately the team.