You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson, know your role and shut your mouth

2014 will be the first major tournament where I really will have no interest in watching England.

I genuinely hope Hodgson get's absolutely humiliated.  

I don't even know the words to describe how infuriating this pompus old twat is.

He is getting close to Ferguson in terms of how much I despise him.

Same here. I hope Suarez punches one off the line, avoids getting sent off, then sticks 2 past us at the other end. Is that bad??

• Upvote 1

Same here. I hope Suarez punches one off the line, avoids getting sent off, then sticks 2 past us at the other end. Is that bad??

Jesus if we thought he's had a rough ride from the media until now it would be nothing compared to what he would come back to after representing Uruguay against England in the World Cup. He wouldn't have to do any of the above. Just his 'diabolical intent' would be enough for national moral outrage

thing is its always been about him being a prick, he was fucking appalling for us yes but had it just been about results I'm sure people would just be glad he has gone and not feel the need to spout of about him, as would be the case if we're ever unfortunate enough to have a manager as bad as him again but happen to actually be a decent bloke or at least not a total bell end like Hodgson just like as was the case with Paul Konchesky, dogshit player but I don't think anyone really wishes him any ill will on a personal level or gives any sort of fuck about him.

Hodgson is a complete fucking wanker and I can't believe it only seems to be Liverpool fans who see it

I thnk Blackburn fans are with us on this one fowler9

Exactly.

Konchesky admitted that he joined us because it was too good a chance to turn down, a last crack at the big time, and also admitted that it didn't work out, and moved on at the earliest opportunity

He's basically saying his former manager threw him a bone and he took it. At least he saw he wasn't up to the task and left with his humility intact.

It was a bit like a cashier in your local HSBC getting hand picked to work on wall street. Amongst all the hulabaloo you hope you won't get found out but when amongst the elite you always do eventually.

Its

Many a true word spoken in jest?

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/hodgson-finalises-world-cup-excuses-formation-2013120481682

Hodgson finalises World Cup excuses formation

ENGLAND manager Roy Hodgson has settled on a first eleven excuses for failure at next year’s World Cup.

The excuses, which blend experience with a few exciting debutants, will represent their country when it performs catastrophically in Brazil.

Outlining his formation, Hodgson said: ”Up front we’ve got the tiring Premier League season and injuries to key players, which we’re hoping and praying come through in the spring when we need them most.

“On the wing we’re blaming the climate of the host country, which may be new and untried now but we’ve got to learn to rely on because it’ll be absolutely crucial in Qatar.

“In midfield we’ll be blaming Gerrard and Lampard’s failure to gel, though not without some sadness as that’s the last time we’ll be able to use an excuse from the Golden Generation.

“At the back, we’ve got the classic combination of the Brazilian nightlife and the distraction of the WAGs, who have promised me they’re going to shop like they’ve never shopped before.

“And between the sticks, Joe Hart.”

Hodgson added: “Failing to plan for failure is planning for failure to fail.

“I won’t fall into the trap of Capello, spending all his time working on making the team better and leaving the press with no option but to pin the whole thing on him.

“England fans are relying on me to give them the excuses that will turn a miserable showing into a hard-fought moral victory for the team.”

• Upvote 2

Well, we didn't see this coming. The mayor of a World Cup host city in Brazil has made it abundantly clear that he does not want England to play there.

Earlier this week, England manager Roy Hodgson voiced concerns about the 2014 World Cup venues that many participants are likely to share.

"There are venues in Brazil that will be harder to play in than others," he told the press, adding that he will be more concerned by the venues than the other teams at the draw on Friday.

He singled out the tropical and distant host city of Manaus as one venue that could cause teams added trouble and now the mayor of Manaus has decided he doesn't want England in his town anyway.

From the AP:

Virgilio said in a statement: ''We hope to get a better team and a coach who is more sensible and polite.'' [...]

''We would also prefer that England doesn't come,'' Virgilio said. ''We hope to get a better team and a coach who is more sensible and polite. He's one of the few people in the world who is not curious about the Amazon, who doesn't want to know Manaus.''

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/early-doors/hope-better-team-more-polite-coach-england-063054576.html

Sven was in on the joke. He knew it was all a farce but was happy to take the money from the stupid englanders. He played some decent football as well.

Hodgson however is a fraud. A total and utter fraud. And as well as that he's bitter, deluded and ignorant. I'm convinced he would have got us relegated if he'd stayed. I really do hate him for his time here. The Blackburn away game is the only time I've been at a match where each and every one of the Liverpol fans were in total agreement that the manager had to be sacked.

As far as I'm concerned him and england is a marriage made in Heaven.