You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only benefit from these results is that the owners might realise that to take the club to where they want it to be it'll take more than just a couple of signings, or allow the squad to improve over a number of years before expecting to challenge for any major trophies. What Kenny is doing IMO is having a look at who could possibly fill in/stay at the club next season before having a big clearout. I hope!

I think it was good training for Carroll, he was pushed and pulled and he will face worse than that in the premiership. Of course without the support players it was always going to be tough but he stuck with it and could have scored.

I am just suprised as i would have thought Kenny would have wanted him and Downing to play together.

Ah well if we loose the next two 3-0 and win 1-0 against sunderland i dont personaly care less.

Guest davelfc
I am just suprised as i would have thought Kenny would have wanted him and Downing to play together.

Ah well if we loose the next two 3-0 and win 1-0 against sunderland i dont personaly care less.

Maybe he expected the worst out there, I'd rather see no injuries. I mean it started to heat up when Poulsen kicked one of their players in the chest. Just happy it sort of calmed down and we got out of there in one piece.

I think it was good training for Carroll, he was pushed and pulled and he will face worse than that in the premiership. Of course without the support players it was always going to be tough but he stuck with it and could have scored.

Surely it would've been a better idea to play him with Downing, Adam et al so he could get used to their deliveries and score a couple against a mickey mouse Norwegian team which would relieve some of the pressure off his shoulders? Playing him in a game like this with those players just reinforces the view people have of him that he's incredibly one dimensional and can only head the ball and not much else.

Guest davelfc
Surely it would've been a better idea to play him with Downing, Adam et al so he could get used to their deliveries and score a couple against a mickey mouse Norwegian team which would relieve some of the pressure off his shoulders? Playing him in a game like this with those players just reinforces the view people have of him that he's incredibly one dimensional and can only head the ball and not much else.

I take your point but I trust Kenny to bring him on and the players we have brought in to make sure we get the best from him.

So I'll wait and see but I do understand what you are getting at.

I don't think I've been so angry over a friendly game.

Really don't understand the point of team that was selected unless Kenny didn't want this game after all the travelling the squad has done so far.

If that is the case, why the fuck did someone at the club arrange a 2 friendlies in 5 days on other sides of Europe.

Guest davelfc

If that is the case, why the fuck did someone at the club arrange a 2 friendlies in 5 days on other sides of Europe.

It would explain why we sent the squad we did, someone messed up. I'm not sure when this was arranged but it's obviously something we couldn't get out of.

Unfortunately some of these cruds have to be put in the shop window, it was a disgrace they were even signed in the first place by the previous managers who should have just put their faith in players we had in the reserves/ academy as they would not have done any worse or been on half the money the mercenaries are on, having no money under Hicks and Gillette in the latter transfer windows was no excuse to waste what little we did on fuckin shite

Guest davelfc
Said this a few times but here goes anyway. The club needs to take a harder stance with spoofers like Cole and Poulsen. I'm actually getting a little angry now thinking that those two useless pieces of shit are still getting to play for and represent the club.

I know and the thought that some of the deadwood could be stopping us signing players we actually want. But they're on good money and all they have to do is hang around Melwood.

They've had a good go, this should be the last we see of most of them now so hopefully they take the hint and go.

I don't really care about this game, just one point that I think should be made -

If we're trying to put players in the shopping window, are we going about it the right way?

Bear with me here. If we're trying to squeeze a half-decent performance from an utterly shit player like Poulsen, is it not better to play him alongside good players?

I think this is fairly simple logic here, if you play a bunch of shite players together, the only possible result is the team looking like a big, smelly lump of shite.

I think we need to re-think our rotation policies for this pre-season, mix and match a bit more instead of playing all the shite together all the time.