You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How long are people going to use this as an excuse for Carrolls inept performances?

He will score some goals and he will offer something in certain circumstances but I honestly dont think he will score 10 PL goals for us the coming season, it would be a great surprise if he did.

As someone that uses stats to bore the life out of everyone on this forum, how would you be surprised by Carroll scoring 10 goals for us this season when he scored more than that in half a season in a god awful Newcastle team last year?

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens...

Guest Jon Snow
As someone that uses stats to bore the life out of everyone on this forum, how would you be surprised by Carroll scoring 10 goals for us this season when he scored more than that in half a season in a god awful Newcastle team last year?

Big hairy ball bags on dogs that look smitten...

How long are people going to use this as an excuse for Carrolls inept performances?

He will score some goals and he will offer something in certain circumstances but I honestly dont think he will score 10 PL goals for us the coming season, it would be a great surprise if he did.

He's not a striker that creates his own chances, just like Alan Shearer (infact, exactly like Alan Shearer), and like Alan... when the team around him plays shit... He doesn't exactly look like a world beater.

I thought some professional quality Football Manager, and talent scout, would understand these things better.

He's not a striker that creates his own chances, just like Alan Shearer (infact, exactly like Alan Shearer), and like Alan... when the team around him plays shit... He doesn't exactly look like a world beater.

I thought some professional quality Football Manager, and talent scout, would understand these things better.

Shearer at Blackburn and when he first went to Newcastle could dominate a defence. Even a sniff of the ball in his direction and the defence was worried. He dragged the team to a better level.

Old Shearer when he'd had too many injuries, couldn't run, and was stuck in a shit Newcastle team, but could still finish well (particularly in the air) is perhaps what you are talking about.

Kuyt used to score 30 for Feyenoord, Crouch scored 12 goals in 18 starts fro Soton the year before we signed him.

Shearer at Blackburn and when he first went to Newcastle could dominate a defence. Even a sniff of the ball in his direction and the defence was worried. He dragged the team to a better level.

Old Shearer when he'd had too many injuries, couldn't run, and was stuck in a shit Newcastle team, but could still finish well (particularly in the air) is perhaps what you are talking about.

True that, but Shearer had more space, time, support, and less opposition around him, no? He was also entering his prime, whereas, Andy is just starting his career.

You're happy to slag him off, but scared to take a bet on it. I would be ashamed to comment any further.

Slag him off?

I said I`d be surprised if he scores more than 10 PL goals, 10 PL goals is not that bad is it, players similar to Carroll who never did that was seen as a great success by some, not me obviously.

If he score 11 I would lose that bet but my point would still stand, so why on earth should I, get real.

Haha, Code negged me. You really are a weapon.

If you just checked your user CP I guess you did it because you wanted to look if someone had repped you so I`m not sure who is the weapon in this instance.

I negged you because you are arguing way below your own level and not using a perspective at all.

I always check my CP first thing in the morning. You're not doing very well in this thread are you?

Here is some advice. Don't make incendiary statements you are frightened to back up with your wallet.

That way people won't be laughing at you quite so much.

I always check my CP first thing in the morning. You're not doing very well in this thread are you?

Here is some advice. Don't make incendiary statements you are frightened to back up with your wallet.

That way people won't be laughing at you quite so much.

I think I`m doing great personally.

You need to chill a bit though as you have been letting your emotions run away with you a lot the last week, you are looking for "fights" everywhere for some reason.

I think it's your cowardly sneering at one of our players which has wound me up today. Carroll has something to prove this season, sure, but I am backing him to come through, and I'm prepared to put my money where my mouth is. If you don't really believe he won't score ten goals then don't say it. Fact is you know you're talking shit and when someone called you on it you have backed down.

The one major plus point from last night was Aquilani. Thought he pinged the ball about with a bit of purpose and showed he can add something to the squad if he stays.

He is the least physically fit player in the squad. He won't be here when the season starts. He just wants that 80,000 p/w until he's sold, or more likely, someone decides loan him out, again.

He is the least physically fit player in the squad. He won't be here when the season starts. He just wants that 80,000 p/w until he's sold, or more likely, someone decides loan him out, again.

I know opinions on him vary, but I don't think he's had a fair chance at the club yet. When he had a run of games in the side, I thought he linked quite well with Steve Gerrard and looked a decent player.

I know opinions on him vary, but I don't think he's had a fair chance at the club yet. When he had a run of games in the side, I thought he linked quite well with Steve Gerrard and looked a decent player.

He is the LEAST physically fit player in the squad. That's not an opinion. I didn't say, "I think he's the least physically fit player in the squad."

You're unlikely to find people who don't think he moves the ball well, or is making stupid choices with his passing. He just cannot play in a fast league with his fitness levels. He's a naturally unfit player.

He is the LEAST physically fit player in the squad. That's not an opinion. I didn't say, "I think he's the least physically fit player in the squad."

You're unlikely to find people who don't think he moves the ball well, or is making stupid choices with his passing. He just cannot play in a fast league with his fitness levels. He's a naturally unfit player.

Joe Cole?

Joe Cole?

This isn't a discussion about perceived fitness levels. Remember last summer? The fitness staff couldn't believe how poor Aquilani's ability to cope with rigorous exercise was... He was loaned out, and not kept for the squad, because he couldn't complete 60 minutes of game time!