You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

GAA 2011

Carradona

well in a sense they´ve got the monkey off their back now in actually getting past the semis so hopefully they´ll be able to get the better of the occasion and of kerry but we´ll see. kerry will be a lot more open than donegal were i suspect but we´ll have to see if that´ll be a good or bad thing!

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check the previous pages, I've said Kerry will win this for weeks.

I'm not begrudging, we didn't deserve to win at all with that second half performance. Dublin did. Anyone who was expecting a spectacle was deluded, it was always going to be that close. We should have pushed when Dublin went down to 14 men, we didn't and that cost us.

RTE will get their champagne final anyway. Watching Dublin on RTE is like watching England on BBC.

That's my GAA Jumping Bandwagon over for another year......

Check the previous pages, I've said Kerry will win this for weeks.

I'm not begrudging, we didn't deserve to win at all with that second half performance. Dublin did. Anyone who was expecting a spectacle was deluded, it was always going to be that close. We should have pushed when Dublin went down to 14 men, we didn't and that cost us.

RTE will get their champagne final anyway. Watching Dublin on RTE is like watching England on BBC.

That's my GAA Jumping Bandwagon over for another year......

Get to fuck

It's a pro cuclchie panel that utterly despise Dublin,

Year after year we have to watch that turf cutting cunt Spillane gloat while some two bit team of farmers beat a bottling Dublin team.

The only reason they where actually pro Dublin today was because Donegal player 1 man up front, that's right, 1 man up front in Gaelic fucking football, negative does not even come close to describe how anti Gaelic Donegal where

Pro Dublin my fucking hole,

Get to fuck

It's a pro cuclchie panel that utterly despise Dublin,

Year after year we have to watch that turf cutting cunt Spillane gloat while some two bit team of farmers beat a bottling Dublin team.

The only reason they where actually pro Dublin today was because Donegal player 1 man up front, that's right, 1 man up front in Gaelic fucking football, negative does not even come close to describe how anti Gaelic Donegal where

Pro Dublin my fucking hole,

It's funny but this is so true. The panel of everyone except a Dub always try and find the negatives in a Dublin performance. The press nearly always talk about the over confidence thing, despite no such thing ever happening. Yet we hear about this mythical pro-Dub tv and written press from every culchie I know, yet I'd fucking love to see it. They spend their time rimming the likes of Kerry and anyone from the North pre game and talking down Dublin. And there at it again now, with them all saying it's Kerrys final to lose, yet the bitters will be back on saying that there sick of the pro-Dub press????

But you know what? Let them spout there bitter nonsense. We're in the final and I fucking love it. I also love that we are in the final against kerry. There is just something right about a Dublin v Kerry all Ireland final.

It's a one off game, and the Brogans can't be as off their games as they were today, so with a bit of luck and a shit load of hard work, who knows? Maybe Sam will make a long awaited return the capital.

Chuffed to be back in the final. I've also said to my mates for a while that when the Dubs finally get back to the top table again, so will Liverpool. So who knows........

Every county thinks the media is biased against them. Get over it. The Blue Bottlers have been pretty abject at times over the last 16 years. It follows that panellists will probably praise the teams that lorded it over them a little more.

And before somebody drags up another false chestnut about institutional bias, the GAA would love to see Dublin thrive every year for some very basic economic reasons (30k at a semi final V 80k).

Anyway, I hope that Connolly red card is successfully appealed. Awful call.

Looking forward to the 18th, bring it on.

The way Donegal played yesterday reminded me of us in the Champions League semi final at Anfield in '05. The boys on the RTE panel were like "Gaelic should be played one way only". Should it really? Should it not be played the best way it suits your team to win or be successful? I can't imagine we'd have won a National League and the Ulster Championship if we didn't setup the way we did.

The funny thing is this new tactic deployed by McGuniness is only nine-months in development and with another nine-months down the line, I can see us being even harder to beat. I wonder if other counties who, let's be honest, have less superstars will try and enforce more negative/counter attack tactics after seeing Donegal's success.

The way we played yesterday reminded me of us in the Champions League semi final at Anfield in '05. The boys on the RTE panel were like "Gaelic should be played one way only". Should it really? Should it not be played the best way it suits your team to win or be successful? I can't imagine we'd have won a National League and the Ulster Championship if we didn't setup the way we did.

The funny thing is this new tactic deployed by McGuniness is only nine-months in development and another nine-months down the line, I can see us being even harder to beat. I wonder if other counties who, let's be honest, have less superstars will try and enforce more negative tactics after seeing Donegal's success.

Let's hope not

Shite to watch

It is. But like the semi final I referred to above, you probably didn't notice how shite it was that night because it was your team and they were winning and they were minutes away from a final.

But it's not pretty like. I'd love to see Donegal do it to Kerry though just to see Pat Spillane have a stroke on National TV. As much as Joe Brolly slates the tactic, he's obsessed with it. He sits through three hour training sessions by Donegal taken down notes.

I'm not big into my Gaelic but I found the whole media onslaught against Donegal hilarious as if Gaelic football has always been played as some beautiful free flowing sport for years.

My fucking arse.

Never mind the fact that year on year you'll see hits in Gaelic an American Linebacker would squint at, alot of them above the shoulders and fuck all is done about it.

Gaelic football would be better off looking at the Sport as a whole and the problems it has rather than leading some sort of witchhunt.

You can get RTE on Sky in the UK, I think. Or maybe it's just Northern Ireland, which I suppose is still Ireland.

EDIT:

Firstly, you CAN NOT watch the 4 Irish channels if you live in a mainland UK (England / Scotland / Wales) registered address, even if you manually tune them in. The software will prevent this. The only way you can watch them is if you live anywhere on the island of Ireland, (but if you live in Northern Ireland some programming will be blocked over rights issues).

Before you change over, remember that if you change address to one in the ROI you will lose some channels as well as gain some. Check to see if it will be worth your while before changing anything!

To watch RTÉ ONE, RTÉ TWO, TV 3, TG 4 and Channel 6 in the UK you will have to change your address with Sky to a valid address in the Republic of Ireland. This means that your bill will be in Euro, and after the exchange rate is done for the Direct Debit, may mean you pay slightly more for your subscription.

Diarmuid Connoly's red card has been overturned. He'll be playing Sunday week.

Get in!

No doubt we’ll have to listen to the usual bitter moaning of certain people now about how typical it is that the GAA are “helping” Dublin. However, the truth is that it was always going to be overturned. It was a push in the throat that Connolly himself suffered a second later. The difference being that Connolly isn’t a big ponce who throws himself to the ground holding his face like that cheating prick did. If the GAA upheld that embarrassing piece of cheating then you’d have 10 players in every match sent off.

I’m pleased this pathetic little incident has been seen for what it was, and I hope the Donegal player involved has been roundly criticised for what he did. It’s so sad to see this shite of trying (and succeeding) to get a player sent off through diving coming in to GAA.

• 2 weeks later...