You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Think about what a lot of people are protesting about here. They want a foreign democratic, sovereign country to be forced to allow anyone on this planet to live there. There are so many things wrong with that I don't know where to begin. Can we please protest against Mugabe who is destroying the lives of his own people? Trump is no where near his level.

Go 'ed then. Nobody's stopping you from protesting about Mugabe.

Or, is it more a case of you can't be arsed protesting yourself so you want others to do it on your behalf?

Go 'ed then. Nobody's stopping you from protesting about Mugabe.

Or, is it more a case of you can't be arsed protesting yourself so you want others to do it on your behalf?

You're missing the point. Given that there are people who want to protest at injustices, the rational thing would be for them to protest against what they believe is the greatest injustice. A selective immigration policy does not compare to what Mugabe is doing to his people. Therefore it must be that there are other motivations for this protest outside of humanity issues. Which clearly are political.

Think about what a lot of people are protesting about here. They want a foreign democratic, sovereign country to be forced to allow anyone on this planet to live there. There are so many things wrong with that I don't know where to begin. Can we please protest against Mugabe who is destroying the lives of his own people? Trump is no where near his level.

They are protesting our government cravenly providing legitimacy and credibility to this shit show.

You're missing the point. Given that there are people who want to protest at injustices, the rational thing would be for them to protest against what they believe is the greatest injustice. A selective immigration policy does not compare to what Mugabe is doing to his people. Therefore it must be that there are other motivations for this protest outside of humanity issues. Which clearly are political.

Not missing the point at all.

Protesting is subjective. To YOU Mugabe is the bigger issue, so you've applied your personal criteria to the protestors. If people are told what they should and shouldn't protest against, doesn't importing a compulsion upon someone to protest against something that they're not that fussed or aware about make their attendance anything but a protest? And, what if there are underlying political motivations?

As for the greatest injustice bit, I again disagree. Joe Bloggs buys a defective tree house from Terry's Treehouses. It collapses and kills his two kids. Joe does a protest outside their factory. Do we tell Joe that he should be demonstrating against Amazon for not paying their taxes instead as, objectively, that's the greatest injustice?

No doubt there'll be a few bandwagon jumpers, but people should be free to protest against what they want. N

They are protesting our government cravenly providing legitimacy and credibility to this shit show.

You realise this "shit show" is basically what 52% of this country voted for in the referendum ie the ability to choose who enters the country and who doesn't?

The media have whipped everyone up into a frenzy over Trump and have been for months is the difference.

There are much, much worse people than Trump running countries across the World I agree. They're not flavour of the month with the media and probably never will be to the point your good course brigade protesters will bother there arse over it.

You realise this "shit show" is basically what 52% of this country voted for in the referendum ie the ability to choose who enters the country and who doesn't?

I'm sorry, are you trying to claim that the referendum is a mandate to block legal citizens of our country from re-entry based on their religion and the nation of their birth?

52% voted so the rest have to suck it up? That's a strange stance to take. Zimbabwe voted in Mugabe, by a two thirds majority so why protest about that then? They chose the shit show too.

Too many posters in here who don't see the original post I'm replying to for some reason. My post was in response to the protest being against "legitimising the shit show" - we've already partly legitimised it by our own country voting for our border control. Let's not be hypocrits now.

Zimbabwe's elections are corrupt - surely you know that?

I'm sorry, are you trying to claim that the referendum is a mandate to block legal citizens of our country from re-entry based on their religion and the nation of their birth?

I don't think anyone is banned from anywhere due to there religion are they? Unless you're Jewish, let's not open that can of worms though!

The media have whipped everyone up into a frenzy over Trump and have been for months is the difference.

There are much, much worse people than Trump running countries across the World I agree. They're not flavour of the month with the media and probably never will be to the point your good course brigade protesters will bother there arse over it.

Erdogan, Putin and Assad aren't exactly on the Balmoral guest-list right now...

• Upvote 1