You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

28 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I’m not even bothered about them being stripped of titles. 

I’d rather whatever the punishment going forwards would be harsher. 

For example…

1) Lose their Premiership titles and a 30 point deduction

or 

2) A 60 point deduction

… then I chose option 2. 

does 60 point guarantee relegation? Probably but maybe not. Either way, they’d be back one season later so they wouldn’t care.

whatever the punishment - and hopefully it would be very severe - you have to take their wins off the board.

23 minutes ago, Code said:

We have lost titles because another team cheated using financial doping we deserve those titles, the club deserve those titles, the players deserve those titles, the staff deserve those titles. 

Yes we could not celebrate them at the time, shit happens, but we still deserve them and should obviously get them. 

Yeah, ok, but who cares. The club updates their wall of honour and a few Wikipedia pages get updated. Doesn’t change anything for anyone else.

but ok.

2 minutes ago, Bob said:

does 60 point guarantee relegation? Probably but maybe not. Either way, they’d be back one season later so they wouldn’t care.

whatever the punishment - and hopefully it would be very severe - you have to take their wins off the board.

Dunno, it was only an example. I would hope any punishment would be more severe - the point is I’m not arsed about retrospective punishment, I want whatever punishment to significantly hurt them going forwards. 

32 minutes ago, Code said:

We have lost titles because another team cheated using financial doping we deserve those titles, the club deserve those titles, the players deserve those titles, the staff deserve those titles. 

Yes we could not celebrate them at the time, shit happens, but we still deserve them and should obviously get them. 

Spot on. If a team is stripped of the title then the title should go to the team who finished behind them, it's the only logical thing to do otherwise you're writing off a whole season of football as being pointless. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Dunno, it was only an example. I would hope any punishment would be more severe - the point is I’m not arsed about retrospective punishment, I want whatever punishment to significantly hurt them going forwards. 

It should be both. Personally I'm not arsed about titles I won't get to celebrate, but I'm sure one or two of those players will want them. It's no different getting a gold for finishing 2nd after the Olympics if the winner was done for drugs cheating. Steven Gerrard for one I'm sure would be delighted.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Bob said:

I wouldn't be 100% sure they would. The EFL are pretty string on FFP/Sustainability rules and they are already running close to going under. They could easily sew another points deduction if they went down. They won't go down though

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

They support The Ev, suffering from mental health issues is labeled on the tin. 

What about the supporters who were relegated because of their disregard for the rules?

Alternatively, they could look at their own club for ignoring repeated warnings and admitting they broke the rules. 

Also, they need to look at their own club for the unprecedented action of cheating in order to get much worse.

4 hours ago, Anubis said:

I’ve never seen a fanbase with such an overinflated sense of their own importance.

image.png

Corrupt VAR decisions a-plenty from the Premier League who want Everton gone.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/story/_/id/38196464/how-var-decisions-affect-premier-league-club-2023-24

Screenshot_2023-11-19-22-54-19-11_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

14 minutes ago, Anubis said:

If you’re going on the PL demo in London next Friday, you’re going to want to keep your head warm. So why not show your support at the same time. Bargain.

image.png

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

That's some markup. Although I suppose you can't really get economies of scale on runs of a dozen or so.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, No2 said:

The PL rules are based on 3 years accounts. You would have to assume that there is more punishment coming when the next 3 cycle is reviewed. And the one after that too.

I reckon they'll be alright now. They've got the wages down. Anthony Gordon was sold during the last accounts cycle. And the interest on all the loans will probably be able to be set against the stadium. I reckon cashflow is the real enemy at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

It should be both. Personally I'm not arsed about titles I won't get to celebrate, but I'm sure one or two of those players will want them. It's no different getting a gold for finishing 2nd after the Olympics is the winner was going to be cheating. Steven Gerrard for one I'm sure would be delighted.

City would never be able to shake off the stench of being found guilty, whether they have their “titles” removed or not. 
The asterisks will be there irrespective of whether they are included in any listings on the Premier League’s website or not.

The titles should be removed though, if found guilty, as they wouldn’t have won them fairly and, as with Olympic titles, they should be awarded to whoever came second.

Maybe we won’t be able to celebrate in the way we would have liked, but our players and staff should get the recognition they deserve by having their names in the record books and not City’s, or anyone else who have similarly cheated.

• Upvote 4