Quantcast
*Shakes head* Everton again. - Page 2335 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Fugitive

*Shakes head* Everton again.

49 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Be funny as well if we do start the ARE while they are still moving cones around for another six months. 

Potentially two loft extensions completed in the time it takes for them to clear the flood in their foundations.

I have the surreal image in my mind of these fish, having got wind of this forced eviction, swimming round with placards, singing 'We shall not be moved'

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Chocoholic said:

Potentially two loft extensions completed in the time it takes for them to clear the flood in their foundations.

I have the surreal image in my mind of these fish, having got wind of this forced eviction, swimming round with placards, singing 'We shall not be moved'

and they're going 'why am I so massive'?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

All sorts of excuses going in about how acovid has affected the building trade, brexit has limited materials and the council haven't signed off planning permission. 

I thought it was signed off in February when they had their announcement and all our heads were supposed to fall off?

The building industry seemed to cope ok when Wimbledon opened their new stadium in a residential area after building it on an old greyhound stadium site. 

Be funny as well if we do start the ARE while they are still moving cones around for another six months. 

To be fair, there are currently legitimate problems with the cost and supply of materials in the construction industry. I heard last week that one of the UK's major steel suppliers has stopped rolling new steel due to a lack of raw materials. Other materials and labour costs have risen by as much as 80% since this time last year. It's definitely am actual problem!

I was just having another look at the planning application - and it was approved in March bit presumably has a whole load of pre-commencement conditions that they have to get on with. Although I couldn't find the actual decision notice ok there which means it may still be pending formal approval!

8 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

Have they thought about switching to water polo?

Put all those high horses to good use.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

All sorts of excuses going in about how acovid has affected the building trade, brexit has limited materials and the council haven't signed off planning permission. 

I thought it was signed off in February when they had their announcement and all our heads were supposed to fall off?

The building industry seemed to cope ok when Wimbledon opened their new stadium in a residential area after building it on an old greyhound stadium site. 

I think I mentioned it before, but there's an issue around a water tower or something which is a listed structure. My bloo mate said a while ago they need separate permission for that now. You would almost think someone missed it off the original application to buy some time. 

17 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think I mentioned it before, but there's an issue around a water tower or something which is a listed structure. My bloo mate said a while ago they need separate permission for that now. You would almost think someone missed it off the original application to buy some time. 

Now hey there, be careful with your scurrilous suggestions. I'm sure it would have been a complete oversight.

• Upvote 1

On 11/06/2021 at 17:33, Doctor Troy said:

I bought that 1990 Germany shirt but it had some weird stitching across the middle like someone had sewn two shirts together. Really uncomfortable. 

Yeah me too, and what's weird is that i got it from a legit shop like JD back in 1990. The stitching absolutely wound me up to the point that i rarely wore it because in my mind it didn't feel authentic. 

On 11/06/2021 at 19:49, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

I have Scottish blood too and French and Irish, England obviously. I will support a Wales too.

Sounds like you have some Italian in you as well....

• Upvote 4

Screenshot-2021-06-15-at-08-57-22.png

Well you see we have found some very rare Atlantic salmon in the dock and their breeding grounds cannot be disturbed. 

3 hours ago, Karl_b said:

To be fair, there are currently legitimate problems with the cost and supply of materials in the construction industry. I heard last week that one of the UK's major steel suppliers has stopped rolling new steel due to a lack of raw materials. Other materials and labour costs have risen by as much as 80% since this time last year. It's definitely am actual problem!

I was just having another look at the planning application - and it was approved in March bit presumably has a whole load of pre-commencement conditions that they have to get on with. Although I couldn't find the actual decision notice ok there which means it may still be pending formal approval!

I would think that would be more of a problem than any fish? This is going to end up £700m plus isn't it? 

18 minutes ago, Jockey said:

I would think that would be more of a problem than any fish? This is going to end up £700m plus isn't it? 

Plus £50 million to hire a massive net and 200 anglers.

13 hours ago, Beno said:

Aren't the fish in the dock now holding up the plans? They have to apply for permission to humanely remove said fish, before any work can start. 

Any fish living in that water could probably survive anything and could walk somewhere new to live.

Makes you think they should have known all this years ago, and is just another stalling tactic.

In fairness, nobody could have foreseen that water might have fish in it.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

In fairness, nobody could have foreseen that water might have fish in it.

It's the Mersey - I'm surprised it's still classed as Water! 

Just now, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

River is very clean these days apparently.

I believe so - it has come a long way since the 80s when you could probably walk to the Wirral! 

• Upvote 1