You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

Interview with Comolli on the LFC website, most of it is about Henderson which I have left out. Link here

There has been a lot of talk about this transfer over the last few days and about potential fees. How pleased are you that it's finally done?

I'm very pleased because he was one of the targets we had and when you get your first target it's always a good sign because you think the others will come through as well. We are very, very pleased. He has got all the skills technically that we needed. He's good with the ball, he's creative, he's got good passing, he's physically very good. That's everything we wanted in a midfielder and he's versatile as well. For Kenny he will be the player we wanted. On the fee, I've read and heard a lot of things. There was a lot of speculation on how much we would pay for Jordan and none of the figures I've seen are correct so far. We've paid a price that we are comfortable with, otherwise we would not have done the deal.

There is talk of us targeting the best young English talent this summer - is that the strategy?

Yes and no. It's not because a player is English and young that we are going to go for him. We go for a player because he ticks all the boxes. It's what we need at this time in this window. If a player is English or British or has played in the Premier League we'll look at that over someone who is abroad but it could be any nationality as long as they tick the boxes and is what we need for this window and going forward.

We've completed a major transfer early in the summer. We haven't seen that a lot at Liverpool over recent years - again, is that a strategy?

That's the way I personally like to work. The earlier the better because we can then readjust our strategy or decide we aren't going to do any more - which won't be the case now! I didn't know it wasn't the case before but it's certainly something we are trying to do.

Just finally, how will this deal impact upon the future of David Ngog?

Sunderland have had a strong interest in David, so we've agreed to let David speak to Sunderland about his future to see if he's interested in going there. They've expressed a strong interest, so we'll see what's next for him.

I was thinking something along those lines. But it's the Times, remember their huge fail on Bale going to Inter?

That was the Guardian. Tony Barrett called the Henderson deal, he's probably the only trustworthy journo going. He's got loads of sources he picked up from the Anfield civil war with the Yanks.

Luckiest journo going!

Inter to bid £40m for Gareth Bale | Football | The Guardian

It was that, check the comments as well for people moaning about the 'exclusive'

Fair does. I stand corrected. Sorry I doubted you. I had it in my head it was linked to this website subscription bollocks the times launched.

Anyway for what it is worth my mate has just texted me and said he has been asked to lay an oak floor at a house in Birkdale for a Spanish sounding bloke. Name Sergio. make of that what you will.