You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

Daily Star

By Brendan McLoughlin

Alex McLeish, named Aston Villa manager on Friday just six days after quitting Birmingham, has earmarked Blackpool skipper Charlie Adam as the man to build his side around next season.

The Scot does not want to waste any time getting the ball rolling – and is ready to offer £10m this week, even though Sir Alex Ferguson and Kenny Dalglish are both showing interest.

Liverpool appeared to be leading the chase but sources close to the 25-year-old Scot have claimed he is yet to directly speak to any club.

Adam wants out of Bloomfield Road following Ian Holloway’s men’s relegation, though, and McLeish, who gave him both his Rangers and Scotland debuts, is a long-term admirer.

Both McLeish and his Villa predecessor Gerard Houllier were keen on signing Adam in January, but the midfielder saw moves to Liverpool and Tottenham collapse.

Villa will have cash to splash, with Ashley Young on the brink of a £16m move to United.

The Midlands outfit are badly in need of midfield reinforcements following free agent Nigel Reo-Coker’s exit and Adam would be an ideal replacement.

Meanwhile, defender Stephen Warnock is eager to hold talks with McLeish over his Villa future after being frozen out by Houllier.

Wigan, Stoke and Bolton are all interested in the England international, who has not featured since December but is under contract until 2013.

“I need to sit down with the manager and see what the future holds,” said Warnock.

“Obviously last season was difficult for me. Things need sorting out.

“I’m at the age now where I want to play week in, week out. I don’t want to be sat in the reserves playing reserve-team football.”

You know, it's a wonder how all these mid-table sides do so poorly considering they have such class players amidst their ranks.

Haha..not. That must be one of the shittest arguments put forward in this thread and that takes some doing. Seems to me we had Gerrard, Torres, Masch, Reina, Carra when we only finished 7th a couple of seasons ago, or am I mistaken. West Ham almost getting relegated with Tevez and Masch, not to forget the Carrick, Joe Cole, Defoe, Johnson era before that. But, well, all these fella mustn't be much good, coz' apparently you just can't do poorly with class players, can you?

And, seems to me the original poster only referred to N'Zogbia and McCarthy. He was hardly quoted as saying Wigan was full of "class" players. So, make that a complete failure of an attempt as sarcasm.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Haha..not. That must be one of the shittest arguments put forward in this thread and that takes some doing. Seems to me we had Gerrard, Torres, Masch, Reina, Carra when we only finished 7th a couple of seasons ago, or am I mistaken. West Ham almost getting relegated with Tevez and Masch, not to forget the Carrick, Joe Cole, Defoe, Johnson era before that. But, well, all these fella mustn't be much good, coz' apparently you just can't do poorly with class players, can you?

And, seems to me the original poster only referred to N'Zogbia and McCarthy. He was hardly quoted as saying Wigan was full of "class" players. So, make that a complete failure of an attempt as sarcasm.

Ah, I see hat you've done; you thought I was seriously suggesting that good players can't come from shit clubs. Bless.

All I was actually doing was taking a sideswipe at people calling every player we are linked with 'class', simply because we're linked with him.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I'd prefer N'Zogbia to Downing as, for me, he has more of an upside.

For that reason, I'm in.

It's a hard one. If they're anywhere near the same money, I'd go for Downing. He's more solid, more consistent and can cross the ball. He also has a better temperament than N'Zogbia. He's essentially just a inconsistent highlights player.

Wonder how he got from a restaurant in Liverpool last night back to Brazil so fast?

2qnz7m0.jpg

That is quite clearly Liverpool in the background.

Yeah very funny cockmaster. i did a search for "zapata" when I saw this news, and got fucking nothing back out of the search engine. So I posted what I believed to be news.

In other news, Josef Svejk fucks dogs.

hissy fit. Negged.

JimBoardman Jim Boardman

Reports in the Spanish press say that radio station Cadena SER reported MUFC have a 'blank cheque' ready for Xabi Alonso.

31 minutes ago

No fucking way. Probably isn't even a signed cheque. This better not fucking happen. Why the fuck would he want to go to that piss-smelling festering hellhole?

Cadana SER also made a lot of fuzz about us signing a big spanish player which turned out to be Jeffren who we were 'interested' in. He's now going to Udinese?

Won't happen ever. Football is football, but Xabi knows how highly he is regarded here and would never go to those incested cocksniffers.

It's a hard one. If they're anywhere near the same money, I'd go for Downing. He's more solid, more consistent and can cross the ball. He also has a better temperament than N'Zogbia. He's essentially just a inconsistent highlights player.

Has someone hijacked your account?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I don't see it being a smart move for United either. He's nearly 30, and there's little sense in spending unlimited amounts on him.

Cadana SER also made a lot of fuzz about us signing a big spanish player which turned out to be Jeffren who we were 'interested' in. He's now going to Udinese?

Won't happen ever. Football is football, but Xabi knows how highly he is regarded here and would never go to those incested cocksniffers.

He'd go there if they make the right offer. I wouldn't doubt that.

I actually think N'Zogbia will be nigh on half the price of Downing.

I'm probably for the bit more pace and flair that N'Zogbia has than the consistency that Downing will offer.

JimBoardman Jim Boardman

Reports in the Spanish press say that radio station Cadena SER reported MUFC have a 'blank cheque' ready for Xabi Alonso.

31 minutes ago

Oh fuck no you don't..... dirty ginsoaked cunts....

I bet our blank cheque would be blanker, and bigger, you ginger PLC cunts.

Such a non-story, no way Xabi would come back to England. Mind you, he's a greedy little so and so, perhaps he's priced himself out of other Spanish clubs reach?

Yet another factless and stupid accusation.

We are paying Gerrard, Johnson, Cole and most probably Jovanovic more than what Xabi is on at Madrid.