You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Goodbye to Hell

WaltonRed

Regretted never going there but I went to a Fenerbahce game last season. The atmosphere was immense. I have never experienced anything like it. The noise was incredible for the whole 90 mins and when the crowd bounced the stand was shaking. Atmosphere outside the ground was fantastic as well. Real party atmosphere. Mate of my misses lives out there now and goes to most home games and we are planning on going to the derby next season. Fuck knows what that will be like.

The won't have much of a problem creating a better atmosphere then the Emirates will they?

The Wonder of You. Arf!

I never said they would have a problem. And yes, even a half-full Turk Telekom Arena will generate more noise than a full Emirates. I've no doubt about that.

I never said they would have a problem. And yes, even a half-full Turk Telekom Arena will generate more noise than a full Emirates. I've no doubt about that.

Easy Tiger.

Wasn't having a pop at you but rather the pathetic attempts of the Arsenal heirachy to generate an atmosphere at what is a soulless, corporate-infested concrete bowl in N London.

What was a typical Grafton night like?

I had my stag night there & a young lady who said she worked at Freeman Hardy & Willis bit every button off my shirt while dancing to ' We don't have to take our clothes off to have a good time'. Absolutely freezing looking for a cab on West Derby Road trying to hold my shirt together.

Regretted never going there but I went to a Fenerbahce game last season. The atmosphere was immense. I have never experienced anything like it. The noise was incredible for the whole 90 mins and when the crowd bounced the stand was shaking. Atmosphere outside the ground was fantastic as well. Real party atmosphere. Mate of my misses lives out there now and goes to most home games and we are planning on going to the derby next season. Fuck knows what that will be like.

[YOUTUBE]bWMkNiEqJmE[/YOUTUBE]

What was a typical Grafton night like?

I went there when I was 16 with our pub football team for the Xmas do. 30 years of alcohol abuse and therapy couldn't erase those memories.

Was anybody at the Amsterdam tournament in 2003? Their fans were a bunch of shithouses that day on the train back after the match.

If we build a new stadium it should look similar to that. Only with a single tier Kop. I see it holds only 52,000 seats, but it really looks like there's more.

I want steep sides to really make it feel like the crowd is looming over the pitch. Our noise, in that way, would literally make the opposition need a change of shorts.