You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Official Site of the Premier League | Matchday | League Tables | U18 Academy - Group C

There's the league table but it doesn't take into account today's result as it was only updated yesterday. But the question i have is where are Huddersfield in the league ? There are other numerous teams who we have played and play in the future and i dont see them in our league. Strange to be honest

I think more than 3 have a real chance mate. Flanno,Robinson,Wisdom,Suso,Coady,Silva,Sterling,Adjoran,Ngoo all have great great potential. Best youth team in Britain IMO

So do I. I think we've some cracking players. Hard for kids to break through at a top team, though.

3 was a cautious prediction. At the minute Suso and Wisdom look almost certain to make it imo.

So do I. I think we've some cracking players. Hard for kids to break through at a top team, though.

3 was a cautious prediction. At the minute Suso and Wisdom look almost certain to make it imo.

Have you seen much of Wisdom mate?

What are his standout qualities that make you believe he has what it takes?

I don't know if you saw the 18/19 yr old Sol Campbell or have much recollection of him; if so, how would you compare Wisdom to a player like that at a similar age?

Apparently the 16s are decent as well

(I know RAWK gets a fair bit of shite on here and rightly so sometimes but their Youth/Reserves thread is a belter and a decent source of info).

Watched the highlights of the 18s game against Stoke last night and it was a nice thought that we could in theory have put Wisdom, Ngoo, Suso, Robbo, Flanno and Barton into that team.

With all due respect to Stoke with the above players on the pitch the 18s could perhaps have replicated the 10-1 scoreline the 16s beat the same opposition by.

Be interesting to see how the new lad from Cov, Connor Thomas, got on against HTFC though I understand he's cup tied as far as the Youth Cup is concerned.

Exciting times ahead and hopefully they'll start being introduced gradually from pre-season.

As has been said above this lot can potentially save the club a packet over the next two years and ensure that what funds are made available by FSG are targetted on a low number of high quality players in areas we are currently lacking.

Have you seen much of Wisdom mate?

What are his standout qualities that make you believe he has what it takes?

I don't know if you saw the 18/19 yr old Sol Campbell or have much recollection of him; if so, how would you compare Wisdom to a player like that at a similar age?

Didn't see Sol, but Wisdom is an absolute unit. Brick Shithouse. Plus he's no slouch, very strong in the air and class judgement in the tackle.

In short, he looks absolutely class. In the England u17s final last season he's scored an unlucky own goal, then went up for a corner and equalised. He was one of our best that day too, so mental strength has to be there too.

Edited by Pidge

Didn't see Sol, but Wisdom is an absolute unit. Brick Shithouse. Plus he's no slouch, very strong in the air and class judgement in the tackle.

In short, he looks absolutely class. In the England u17s final last season he's scored an unlucky own goal, then went up for a corner and equalised. He was one of our best that day too, so mental strength has to be there too.

Wisdom's certainly a leader. It bodes well that we have got so many youngsters who have got leadership qualities.

John Flanagan seems to have what it takes. I know people say good things about him. The little I've seen of him, he seems to have the fundamentals: technical ability, intelligence, confidence, good awareness and an air of authority about him. You look at certain players and believe straight away that they've got it. Rob Jones when making his debut away against Man U at 19, taking a big leap from Crewe, instantly showed that he had what it takes. The first time I saw Hyypia play was in a preseason friendly and he displayed these characteristics and just oozed quality with his presence, regardless of the opposition. M Kelly instantly demonstrated these attributes in abundance. I get the same feeling with Flanagan. They just looked assured and fill you with confidence.

I'm looking forward to seeing Wisdom in action, as I've never seen him play before.

Wisdom's certainly a leader. It bodes well that we have got so many youngsters who have got leadership qualities.

John Flanagan seems to have what it takes. I know people say good things about him. The little I've seen of him, he seems to have the fundamentals: technical ability, intelligence, confidence, good awareness and an air of authority about him. You look at certain players and believe straight away that they've got it. Rob Jones when making his debut away against Man U at 19, taking a big leap from Crewe, instantly showed that he had what it takes. The first time I saw Hyypia play was in a preseason friendly and he displayed these characteristics and just oozed quality with his presence, regardless of the opposition. M Kelly instantly demonstrated these attributes in abundance. I get the same feeling with Flanagan. They just looked assured and fill you with confidence.

I'm looking forward to seeing Wisdom in action, as I've never seen him play before.

Robinson and Coady are the two that stand out for me in that respect. It's easier to spot in a defensive player as it's about taking responsibility, both Coady and Robinson (Wisdom and Flanagan too) have shown they have the will and the ability to take control of a situation.

Robinson and Coady are the two that stand out for me in that respect. It's easier to spot in a defensive player as it's about taking responsibility, both Coady and Robinson (Wisdom and Flanagan too) have shown they have the will and the ability to take control of a situation.

I haven't seen much of Robinson's defensive game. I know he is very good at going forward and is technically accomplished. Do you think Robinson is as good defensively as he is at attacking?