You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Was talking to a friend from my old workplace, who's into Italian football more than any other. He doesn't like English football much, but does keep an eye on a couple of clubs; Birmingham City (he's a Brummie) and Liverpool (because his dad used to rave about them in the 80s apparently).

Anyway, he was asking me about how I think things are going, to which I gave the obvious answer. I enlightened him on the extent of our ownership troubles and the fact we hadn't won the league since 1990. I happened to mention that the only credible title challenge since then, bar 1990/91, was when we were runners-up in 2008/09. He pointed out that Parma didn't reach Serie A until 1990. They have been in Serie A for the last 20 years, bar 2008/09 when they were in Serie B. He's a superstitious sort, and a Bologna fan, and he thinks that Parma staying in Serie A coincides with Liverpool's decline.

Both he and I are in agreement that Parma must be relegated at all costs. Me because of this fact, and him because he follows a rival club and thinks Parma bought their 1990s success on the back of dodgy money.

It might be crackpot, but it's interesting.

List of Parma F.C. seasons - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Blame all the hams in the world, it's clearly a voodo jinx by no other than Nelson Fucking Mandela.

Mandela's jailed in 1962 for 28 years, locked up behind bars, with no contact with his Voodoo witch doctor (who's a bitter) we win 13 league titles after not claiming the prize since the 40's.

Nelson Mandela is released in 1990 and is back to his old ways. There are no more league titles

Coincidence? I think not.

Brummies in supporting other clubs shocker.

He's from Birmingham. He's not actually a Birmingham City fan, but he does occasionally keep a lookout for their results. The Liverpool link is more tenuous, but he definitely doesn't hate us. He saves his bile for Serie A.

The Trefoil has made a bit of a comeback recently, maybe we'll get it back soon

I think the big clubs in the top European leagues, as well as the top national sides (that are already with Adidas) should have the Originals trefoil on their kits. So the likes of ourselves, Real Madrid, AC Milan, Bayern Munich, Marseille and maybe Benfica should be included. In international terms, Germany, Spain and Argentina (France would have been another but they've now switched to Nike).

Parma can fuck off.

I love a bit of Prosciutto di Parma. Works particularly well on a pizza with pesto and goats cheese like what I made on Sunday night. Jamie Oliver dough recipe it was, cooked at 250 degrees in the oven on a ceramic floor tile.

The other pizza was tandoori chicken with red onion and spinach, put a bit of curry powder into the tomato sauce – not bad, could have used a bit more chicken.

The rest of the pesto is being eaten with some pumpkin gnocchi for this evening’s dinner.

Maybe some of our internet terrorists should get to work?

* call for the immediate re-arrest of Nelson Mandela

* stockade ports importing Parma Ham...maybe boycott all ham

* find and repair Brucie the clown asap

* nuke Birmingham (on a day that Manure are playing AV or Wolves)

* force Adidas to change their logo

* hunt down and euthanise all she bitch sisters born in 1990

* reform the soviet union

* re-animate jim Henson

Jeeze, to think some people thought Roy Hodgson was the root of our problems.