You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson Mega Thread: The Sequel

Dicko

I wuld have thought we would have heard something by now but nothing so looks like at least one more embarresment er sorry game with him in charge.

And the thing is if he gets a result against Bolton that buys him more time and we'll lose to Blackburn and again it will be one more game where we will get buttfucked by scum which will be put down to them being good so he'll get the Blackpool game and they'll do the double over us

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reina-comarpison-vs-Wolves-last-year.jpg

Says it all really

In this ocean of shit, that's a quite remarkable post. I wouldn't have believed it was possible to highlight so much about what's going wrong with two pictures, absolutely jaw-dropping stuff.

What's happened to the original thread incidentally, did it finally drown in it's own effluent or has Dave redirected it to itself for comedic purposes?

Guest davelfc
And the thing is if he gets a result against Bolton that buys him more time and we'll lose to Blackburn and again it will be one more game where we will get buttfucked by scum which will be put down to them being good so he'll get the Blackpool game and they'll do the double over us

This is how I fear the season will pan out.

People are buying that this man is capable of managing us and is doing a good job under difficult circumstances. That we should be patient.

It wouldn't surprise me if he manages to cling on until the end of the season.

So how many defeats will it take to make a change now?

I still dont think they will act this season as the owners dont really care about the paying fans hurting from following such a shit team.

They obviously believe once they get a new manager and start winning the fans will forget about their inactions

Me being a complete conspiracy nut here, but:

Do you think that NESV in early talks seen that Rafa was at war with H&G and said to Broughton and Purslow that they have to get rid of him. This would of made their jobs alot easier by the time they owned the club. On the other hand, I think Purslow was desperate to axe Rafa anyway.

So how many defeats will it take to make a change now?

I still dont think they will act this season as the owners dont really care about the paying fans hurting from following such a shit team.

They obviously believe once they get a new manager and start winning the fans will forget about their inactions

While the fans pay 40 quid a week to go watch a season they don't seem to care about.

This is how I fear the season will pan out.

People are buying that this man is capable of managing us and is doing a good job under difficult circumstances. That we should be patient.

It wouldn't surprise me if he manages to cling on until the end of the season.

He will. I'm sure of it. Hes going to cling on because Henry and Werner want to wait for fuck only knows who to become available. All fine and mighty but its a very dangerous game to play. We're in deep shit with Hodgson.

With him here we're always going to lose enough games to keep us dangerously close to the relegation zone.

Guest davelfc
While the fans pay 40 quid a week to go watch a season they don't seem to care about.

It's going to start getting pretty quiet at Anfield, times are going to get harder and who wants to pay to watch this tripe.

The damage he is doing is the crucial thing for me, he's wrecking the place and blaming everyone else.

I just don't see any logic anyone could have in keeping him till the end of the season even if you know nothing about football. This is the worst points total since the 50's with a team that was challenging for the title minus 2 players.

One only needs to look at his managerial career and then listen to the fans to see he is not the man for the job. His philosophy of buying players would not fit their young value for money one so why would they entrust him with the January window. There is no way he is going to see his whole contract through so surely it is better to just write it off now and try and salvage this season with Kenny and then have the new man come in after you have had time to get the man you want.

Kenny is already here on wages so just give him more and pay off Woy and plan for next year knowing that Kenny will get the team playing to their maximum ability.

Didn't we all quietly suspect this? Roy may be a 'good man' but we're in a football competition not a media popularity contest.

I did more than suspect it. I openly railled against this appointment in summer, and took a load of negs from people now calling the manager every name involving a swear word.

I was just speculating on Marinas motives. I knoew what would happen with this man in charge, and I was convinced that the motives of Cecil/MB were not geared towards Liverpool success, but based on who wouldn't ask any difficult questions.

I did more than suspect it. I openly railled against this appointment in summer, and took a load of negs from people now calling the manager every name involving a swear word.

I was just speculating on Marinas motives. I knoew what would happen with this man in charge, and I was convinced that the motives of Cecil/MB were not geared towards Liverpool success, but based on who wouldn't ask any difficult questions.

I think you're spot on.

I was just speculating on Marinas motives. I know what would happen with this man in charge, and I was convinced that the motives of Cecil/MB were not geared towards Liverpool success, but based on who wouldn't ask any difficult questions.

What's she supposed to say?

"Ha ha, the old bastard's practically pogoing on the trapdoor. My Kenny's so much closer to the job"?

She could say nothing of course.

Unfortunately in the twitter age that no longer seems likely.

Guest davelfc
Another thing that is worrying is the fact that Winter is tweeting that "Senior players" need to be consulted first. That's only going to go one way: Gerrard and Carragher trying to save their pathetic choice. Player power is a worrying thing.

Don't worry, they won't just speak to senior players. They'll probably phone Purslow as well. Ah shit.

Liverpool 8 Besiktas 0

Barcelona 1 Liverpool 2

Real Madrid 0 Liverpool 1

Liverpool 4 Real Madrid 0

Manchester United 1 Liverpool 4

Inter Milan 0 Liverpool 1

Firstly, the above results are not intended to be in support Benitez, but just to highlight how dramatically we've fallen. It is not a Benitez v Roy debate.

But,

How depressing is it that some of these results only occurred 2 years ago. The spine of players are still at the club and yet we're being told that hope and expectation heading into Wolves at home are two very different things. Birmingham away we were led to believe was a pipedream, whereas Northampton at home are formiddable opponents.

Fergie almost embarrasingly tried to pass the book onto Torres following a pathetic day of play acting from Nani, yet Roy offered no defence (a team which it would be foolish apparently to say he wouldn't end up at). His insistance on playing a central midfielder on the right, a binman at leftback and a complete reluctance to drop Kuyt, despite it being blatanatly obvious to all that he breaks every move we make down, have me shaking my head in bewilderment every game.

References to how this team is not his team may be true enough, but any such claims can be laughed off the moment suggestions of nobody else being able to do better job are made. English genteman we are made to believe. He's anything but. Nothing is ever his fault and his ignorance has for the first time made me truely dislike the person in charge of our club. Poor results, a lack of empathy with the fans, an unwillingness to acknowledge his own flaws and an attack on those who pay his wages, all in the space of 6 months.

To conclude, fuck off Roy, go be somebody elses lovable, hard done to loser

What's happened to the original thread incidentally, did it finally drown in it's own effluent or has Dave redirected it to itself for comedic purposes?

I think it ripped a bit of space time fabric and CERN called Dave and told them they could no longer power the thing with all the energy interference coming out of the the thread and dislodging particles they were hoping to accelerate as they were causing Roy to rub his head and cause static charge effects.