You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joanna yeates

Nantwich girl

The problem with the modern media in any high profile murder case is they want to keep the story running as long as possible, and they demand details and want to interview potential witnesses, and speculate and speculate. The Madeline case also saw a disturbing new trend of suspect-shopping on the part of The Express, without any thought as to how it might affect not just the (innocent) man, but his estranged wife and kids. It must be difficult for the police to operate in that environment.

good post

The problem with the modern media in any high profile murder case is they want to keep the story running as long as possible, and they demand details and want to interview potential witnesses, and speculate and speculate. The Madeline case also saw a disturbing new trend of suspect-shopping on the part of The Express, without any thought as to how it might affect not just the (innocent) man, but his estranged wife and kids. It must be difficult for the police to operate in that environment.

The same modern media helped convict Huntley. I'm not disagreeing with you, I just think the police have to learn to manipulate the media rather than the other way around.

White, young, rich girl murdered= weeks of media notice. Black, young, poor boy murdered= small article in a paper on how it was 'his fault'

This countries fucked.

But...but...but...there was pizza! Are you trying to suggest the media and authorities wouldn't give a fuck if it was all about fried chicken?

White, young, rich girl murdered= weeks of media notice. Black, young, poor boy murdered= small article in a paper on how it was 'his fault'This countries fucked.
I've just Googled the name, Damiola Taylor and was absolutely shocked at how little information there was available on this storey.

Google

Joanna Yeats was rich ? Regardless of that, I think a lot of the media coverage stems from the timing of the crime (Christmas) and that her landlord just happened to tick all the right boxes for a good old UK media witch hunt.

article-1343805-0CA40C63000005DC-387_634x699.jpg

Well she went to a private school and had David Gower turning up for sports days, just your average working class set up really.

Going to a private school is no way of judging someones status. Having a sporting celebrity turn up to hand out trophies is not so unusual either at any level of education.

If I were the police, I'd want to talk to who ever drew the outline of a pizza on that photo. Is Gower now a suspect ? No wonder he's fled to Australia.

"An MP has called on police to DNA test every man in Bristol in a bid to track down the killer of Joanna Yeates in what could be the biggest ever screening carried out by British police.

Kerry McCarthy, Labour MP for Bristol East, wants swabs to be taken from the entire male population - around 250,000 people."

So does This MP know that the police have some DNA to compare all these samples to or is this a knee jerk reaction?

I don't know if the police found any suspicious DNA on Joanna or not but my thought is that if they do have a DNA sample they could eliminate or charge anyone they already suspect.

Assuming there is DNA why is there such a long delay in comparing samples? surely it must be quicker that 2 weeks?

I think the girl on the right with no trophies is a suspect. She obviously resented not getting a trophy back then and held that with her for years. Maybe she is picking them off 1 by 1 the girls in the photo.

And has a red envelope in the pocket of the blazer. Maybe this is the kill list???

The police must find this Red envelope, it holds the key to the investigation, not the sock as first thought.

"An MP has called on police to DNA test every man in Bristol in a bid to track down the killer of Joanna Yeates in what could be the biggest ever screening carried out by British police.

Kerry McCarthy, Labour MP for Bristol East, wants swabs to be taken from the entire male population - around 250,000 people."

So does This MP know that the police have some DNA to compare all these samples to or is this a knee jerk reaction?

I don't know if the police found any suspicious DNA on Joanna or not but my thought is that if they do have a DNA sample they could eliminate or charge anyone they already suspect.

Assuming there is DNA why is there such a long delay in comparing samples? surely it must be quicker that 2 weeks?

Not only is that absurd it shows a complete misunderstanding of the way in which DNA evidence is used and the statistical errors involved in it. Fucking idiot.

Not onlt is that absurd it shows a complete misunderstanding of the way in which DNA evidence is used and the statistical errors involved in it. Fucking idiot.

How does he know the killer is from or lives in Bristol? Warra belter.

Unless he genuinely believes Bristolians have some sort of genetically mutated DNA. I've heard people from Bristol speak, so it's not an unreasonable assumption. However, his idea is straight out of a Brass Eye rejected script.