You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Petition to reinstate Rafael Benitez as LFC Manager

Interesting point. Whilst i don't want him back and think some of his more enthusiastic supporters are borderline nut jobs, i don't understand the hate for him shown by some. He always comes cross as very affable to me, if a bit nuts at times.

I too am one of those rare few in the middle. I thought it was time for him to go and I don't want him back, but I have no bad feelings for him whatsoever. Mostly good ones, in fact. I am pretty much bemused by the constant threads about him on here and the passions they inflame, because to me he just isn't relevant any more. It'd be like coming on here and finding threads about Michael Owen every day with each side berating the other for wanting or not wanting him back. I don't get it.

I think Kenny, Souness, Uncle Roy the 1st, Mad Ged, Rafa and Owlhead should have a halftime It's A Knockout complete with comedy costumes and big puffy jousting poles at the Wolves game, with whoever wins then taking the job forever. It's a plan that's heavy on the slapstick and fixated with the past, so suits us perfectly, and it'll be a lot more entertaining than the football.

Why do some fans hate him?

I've never really understood that. I can understand disagreeing with him, getting frustrated by many of his decisions, losing faith in him as a manager, etc, but actively hating him seems a bit extreme. I don't even hate Souness exactly although I find it hard to forgive him for letting us down badly.

I might hate Diouf a bit.

I've never really understood that. I can understand disagreeing with him, getting frustrated by many of his decisions, losing faith in him as a manager, etc, but actively hating him seems a bit extreme. I don't even hate Souness exactly although I find it hard to forgive him for letting us down badly.

I might hate Diouf a bit.

Diouf is too much of a pantomine villain for me to hate him properly.

I do hate Hodgson, though.

Surely even those who supported him last season (like myself) can see it just wouldn't work him coming back.

He is a great coach, has won major honours and pisses all over the current buffoon in charge and would improve both our league position and style of football.

Doesn't mean he should come back though.

Surely even those who supported him last season (like myself) can see it just wouldn't work him coming back.

He is a great coach, has won major honours and pisses all over the current buffoon in charge and would improve both our league position and style of football.

Doesn't mean he should come back though.

Why do you think it wouldn't work.

I'm gutted them cunts took over in 2007. Would've been great to see what Rafa would've done under good ownership.