You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Houllier has swipe at local press....

Hoff

Guest glen buck

We must have been missing all those chances on purpose then.

Strange how we still do it when we are drawing nil nil, or even when we are losing.

Think I'd quite happily see us humiliate seven teams between now and the end of the season.

"We don't like to humiliate teams"

Houllier's first game at Anfield was Liverpool 10-0 Dundalk. He's gone on record as saying how impressed he was with Liverpool because they kept attacking and didn't stop when the game was won. Did that side worry about humilating teams? Did they arse, and that's why they were Champions.

Houllier's first game at Anfield was Liverpool 10-0 Dundalk. He's gone on record as saying how impressed he was with Liverpool because they kept attacking and didn't stop when the game was won. Did that side worry about humilating teams? Did they arse, and that's why they were Champions.

Dundalk was my first ever match. My dad took me in for the last 20 minutes and I saw 4 goals. By the way, it took another 4 years for us to be champions.......it must have been the start of a 5 year plan.

Ah yes, but the thing is, Dundalk are so good, they can come back from being 9-0 down so you gotta keep at them.

Totally unrelated to LFC, but Dundalk's manager led the once mighty Lilywhites to 6 wins out of 33 last season, persisted with a donkey up front, constantly played players out of position, was the subject of "Get out now" banners and demonstrations, fell out with the local press....and is still there 3 games in to the new season (Irish football season moved to the summer 3 years ago).

.......we just let the likes of Pompey, Birmingham, Crystal Palace, FC Basel and countless other sides that we should of buried at home humiliate us!!!

Has the man not heard of goal difference or is he confident of 4th spot being wrapped up before the Newcastle game?

If we dont like to humiliate teams, then why the fuck does he draw us to the statistic that we had 30 shots at goal?

It`s just that the pressure has gotten to him.... The comments he makes becomes funnier and funnier wheter we win,draw or lose... The "we dont like to humiliate teams" quote is the most remarkable i`ve heard ... makes you wonder why no one close to him tells him how he is making a fool out of himself every single day...

I think that what we have to bear in mind is that since his heart op, Houllier hasn't had the patience / ability to think about what he is going to say before saying it. This is why he comes out with far more rubbish in live interviews than printed ones. What is surprising - as Kurt points out - is that nobody has a quiet word to tell him about the ridicule he receives for the constant sh!t he comes out with. It's got to the point that whenever I see him talking live, I'm allways embarrassed and cringing, regardless of what he says.

/ ability to think about what he is going to say before saying it. .

A swedish cartoon hero called Arne Anka ( Arne Duck--he looks like Donald Duck) once said... To think before you speak...is like wiping your arse before taking a shit! ;)

Looks like Mr. Houllier agrees to that one :)

A swedish cartoon hero called Arne Anka ( Arne Duck--he looks like Donald Duck) once said... To think before you speak...is like wiping your arse before taking a shit! ;)

Looks like Mr. Houllier agrees to that one :)

I like Swedish minge.

It rules.