You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

StevieH

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont get this not availible at the moment argument either, there are loads of managers who would quit their job if the liverpool job got availible now that we have new owners.

If not we have the perfect candidate at the club already.

The reason im behind Coyle getting the job is partly that who out of the biest coaches in europe will go anywere near the job.

Capello,Mourinho,Hiddink,Van Gal wouldnt touch it in my opinion.There is alot of work to be done with the side and who knows how much money is available,and what power comolli has.

Rikaard has a track record at one club were its uncertain who was signing the players and he had a amaing squad of players when he won trophies,with Madrid doing everything they could not to win anything.When he needed to keep discipline he couldnt do it himself,he needed Ten Carte with him.

Pellegrini is unproven when it comes to winning trophies,has no expierence in this league.

Deschamps seems to have a decent track record,but most is based in a poor french league.

while Coyle hasnt won anything either he has had 2 poor clubs playing some decent football,he is still very young and his teams are not afraid of having a go at winning games away from home at big teams grounds

they dont merely have to be better than Roy though do they? they need to be good enough to get us back into the CL otherwise whats the point?

For the rest of the season, I'd take someone just trying to win some away games.

Kenny wouldn't get us back in CL this season but he'd do better than Hodgson.

Give it to someobne long term in the summer if we're too tight to pay compenstaion mid season to a club of a manager we really want.

I dont get this not availible at the moment argument either, there are loads of managers who would quit their job if the liverpool job got availible now that we have new owners.

If not we have the perfect candidate at the club already.

Yes there are loads of manager who would quit their jobs, but it doesn't mean FSG think they are the right person. Let's say they've identified someone, had initial discussion and the candidate said "I'm up for it but made a commitment to my club I won't walk out midseason." So in that situation, do you sack the current manager and select your 2nd, 3rd or 4th choice because they are available today or would walk out of their current job today, or do you say the best choice long term is to get our number 1 man? I believe the way FSG work, if that was the option they would wait. In fact Henry said as much tonight when he said the quickest decisions are not always the best decisions.

We have been here before with the 'anyone but' statements so its important we get this next appointment right rather then going on someone who is right for the media and get someone who is right for Liverpool.

Putting Kenny in charge until the summer is not going to happen as it could well end up creating more problems as the fans would then not be willing to part with Dalglish again.

Putting someone like Thompson in temp charge would be an easier appointment as whilst not as popular as Dalglish still knows what values the club has.

Yes there are loads of manager who would quit their jobs, but it doesn't mean FSG think they are the right person. Let's say they've identified someone, had initial discussion and the candidate said "I'm up for it but made a commitment to my club I won't walk out midseason." So in that situation, do you sack the current manager and select your 2nd, 3rd or 4th choice because they are available today or would walk out of their current job today, or do you say the best choice long term is to get our number 1 man? I believe the way FSG work, if that was the option they would wait. In fact Henry said as much tonight when he said the quickest decisions are not always the best decisions.

I agree with everything you say there, but let me add that sometimes you need to use short term solutions to reach long term goals so it goes both ways.

We have been here before with the 'anyone but' statements so its important we get this next appointment right rather then going on someone who is right for the media and get someone who is right for Liverpool.

Putting Kenny in charge until the summer is not going to happen as it could well end up creating more problems as the fans would then not be willing to part with Dalglish again.

Putting someone like Thompson in temp charge would be an easier appointment as whilst not as popular as Dalglish still knows what values the club has.

Thompson also have the best points per game ratio for any Liverpool manager in PL history with 2,04 points pr game.

24 games 14 wins 7 draws and 3 losses

I agree with everything you say there, but let me add that sometimes you need to use short term solutions to reach long term goals so it goes both ways.

Indeed. Let's say they have identified 3 potential managers. Are the differences between them so much that it would make more sense short term to continue with the incumbent uninspiring one in order to wait for no 1 choice, rather than try a new approach with no 3, knowing that we really cannot get any worse, but could, possibly, see a clear improvement and the no 1 would not be necessary...

Why get a temp in, its a decent scenario for someone to come in now, buy a few of there own players in Jan, gives them 8 months to get there feel for the club before next season starts. Also its a slightly less pressurised position to be in now because like me most fans have written this season off now so even top 8 will end up being a decent finish judging the way we are going at the moment.

Thompson also have the best points per game ratio for any Liverpool manager in PL history with 2,04 points pr game.

24 games 14 wins 7 draws and 3 losses

That's not right is it? Looking back both of Rafa's 80+ point seasons gave a better return. If you are saying that he has the best return per game of anyone you would consider as a temp' until FSG get the long term choice nailed down then I agree.