You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2011 Transfer Window Speculation Thread

StevieH

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Links with Huth on Skysports:

Sky Sports | Liverpool News | Football | Premier League | Huth shrugs off Reds link

Robert Huth is happy at Stoke and is refusing to read too much into speculation linking him with Liverpool.

Reports have suggested that Reds boss Roy Hodgson is keen to bring the German centre-half to Anfield in January.

Liverpool have made no secret of their desire to add in the winter window, with new owners New England Sports Ventures set to make funds available.

Huth is aware of the rumours suggesting he is a possible target, with a £5million move touted.

The former Chelsea and Middlesbroughman has been quick to play down such talk, though, and insists he has no desire to leave the Britannia Stadium.

"I had some texts telling me about the story," he said.

"It doesn't bother me because it's great here at Stoke."

good option to throw up front when we're losing.

Probably the most depressing bit of transfer gossip I've heard.

apparently we've had scouts watching the kid at southampton for a few weeks now (chamberlain i think his name is) supposed to be making a bid in january but leaving him there till the summer on loan (kind of like what arsenal done with walcot)

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (son of ex-Pompey & Stoke player Mark)

thats him think he scored today,sky sports said its his 6 goal in 17 games this season (12 starts) not bad for 17 year old winger

Quite a few clubs are said to be in for him. It is encouraging that we are signing young, talented players from this country but they need to be given a chance and brought through in the same manner as Wenger has done at Arsenal.

apparently we've had scouts watching the kid at southampton for a few weeks now (chamberlain i think his name is) supposed to be making a bid in january but leaving him there till the summer on loan (kind of like what arsenal done with walcot)

the bbc have just said that our director of football or whatever his title is , is at the southampton game today

im all for snapping up young english players(who are good enough) but we need to speng big in january on atleast 2-3 players who are 1st team ready now a left back,winger and help for Torres up front (Dzeko would be my choice but £25 mil is out of our league in january i think)but we defo need to be looking at the new Bale's,Johnson,Lennon ect. while they are available at reasonable prices ie.before they become premier league superstars that cost £15 -£25 million to buy.

the bbc have just said that our director of football or whatever his title is , is at the southampton game today

Hope so but it will need liverpool to act quickly (something we have'nt done in the transfer market over the last few years-we seem to talk about a player for weeks then "miss out" on him because another club just comes in and makes an offer!!)he looks like he could have a few big clubs looking at him.

Hope so but it will need liverpool to act quickly (something we have'nt done in the transfer market over the last few years-we seem to talk about a player for weeks then "miss out" on him because another club just comes in and makes an offer!!)he looks like he could have a few big clubs looking at him.

Chelsea linked with £10m move for Southampton's Alex Chamberlain (From This is Hampshire)

Roy explains transfer targets

Roy Hodgson today revealed how Liverpool will target only two kinds of signings in January - young gems and players who can make a 'big difference' to the current team.

Hodgson also spoke about how the club is not looking to move on any personnel in the forthcoming transfer window.

And he urged supporters not to get carried away with the blitz of speculation which fills newspapers at this time of year.

"We have a lot of ideas," the boss told Liverpoolfc.tv: "We're not looking to move anybody out and it would be nice if we could improve our squad with one or two players.

"As I've said to the supporters many times, it's important that we don't just get bodies and numbers. We need people who are going to be very good for the long-term future of the club, or players who are definitely going to make a big difference to us in terms of what we're going to do in the beginning of 2011.

"I'm anxious that we spend our money wisely and that we keep the squad manageable. I don't want to go back to a situation where we have an awful lot of players but many of them are training in a reserve group at Kirkby because they're not first-team material.

"We want first-team material, they cost money and they are not always available in January. I can assure the supporters that never a day goes by without me and Damien Comolli having lengthy discussions about it. But we'll have to wait and see what transpires."

If Liverpool are to sign any players over the coming weeks, Hodgson thinks it may well be later in the window.

He explained: "I would suggest things will probably happen later in January because that is normally the case.

"A lot depends on the situation of other top clubs here and abroad, on their need to sell. Sometimes it's easier in the summer because clubs think they can then use the money wisely to build their team - they can sell one star player and buy three or four new players. This is less likely in January.

"January is the window for agents and journalists. Every day my son scours the newspapers and tells me we're linked with this player and that player, and a lot of them I can quite honestly say have never been mentioned in any discussions. And yet still in newspapers we're going to sign them.

"My message to the fans is to be very sceptical about all the things you read."

We need two first team players in January, a striker and an attacking midfielder.

My choices would be Hazard and Suarez.

Not really bothered about all these youngsters for the time being.

This, Adil Rammi wouldn't be too bad either.

Although, Alex Chamberlian is very good for his age. But would cost the earth for someone like him.