You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2011 Transfer Window Speculation Thread

StevieH

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He might rate him too.

His record for defenders wasn't great at Spurs. He didn't make any good value defender signings at Spurs from what i remember. Suppose the Toure deal, if he found him, was a class deal at Arsenal.

Wasn't Toure signed as a midfielder than moved to a CB by Wenger

Goalspergame-1.jpg

We definitely need defenders to be fair. Our defensive record is shit this season. We are 11th when it comes to goals conceded per game and are behind Birmingham, Everton, Fulham, Spurs and Stoke City- excluding City, Chelsea, United and Arsenal. There were days when we had the best defensive record in the league, all the seems to have gone. Carragher is not the same as he used to be and Skrtel, Soto and Agger are a bit shit. PFK and Jonno are not defenders really. Next year Carra needs to be benched as he just won't be good enough to play for extended periods. We may actually need a defensive over haul in the summer.

He might rate him too.

His record for defenders wasn't great at Spurs. He didn't make any good value defender signings at Spurs from what i remember. Suppose the Toure deal, if he found him, was a class deal at Arsenal.

Looking at his transfer record as a whole, it doesn't look great at all.

For example when he was recommended Koscielny:

"We lost the chance to make a lot of money, too, when Damien refused to sign Laurent Koscielny, for whom [Arsenal boss Arsene] Wenger paid more than €12m [£10.2m].

"Koscielny was in the Second Division with Tours, whose manager used to play for us. He said we should sign him. He'd cost only €1.5m [£1.27m].

"Damien told me that, if you signed Second Division players, you ended up with a Second Division team. So the player went to Lorient and made them a fortune instead.

"My own view of Damien is he favours size and strength as the qualities he goes for first. Perhaps, he will do better with more money at his disposal at Liverpool than he did with us."

Looking at that, it also makes sense that we're going for shite like Huth!

We definitely need defenders to be fair. Our defensive record is shit this season. We are 11th when it comes to goals conceded per game and are behind Birmingham, Everton, Fulham, Spurs and Stoke City- excluding City, Chelsea, United and Arsenal. There were days when we had the best defensive record in the league, all the seems to have gone. Carragher is not the same as he used to be and Skrtel, Soto and Agger are a bit shit. PFK and Jonno are not defenders really. Next year Carra needs to be benched as he just won't be good enough to play for extended periods. We may actually need a defensive over haul in the summer.

Yeah but part of the problem is we're conceding possession to every fucking team that turns up to play us. If we showed a bit more ambition and pressed the ball higher and kept the ball better, our goals conceded column would look a lot better.

Goalspergame-1.jpg

Is that your spreadsheet mate?

Huth?????

Wasn't he linked with huth while he was managing fulham end of last season?if so is the stupid old fart saying were at the same standard as fulham(no disrespect,to fulham) but he needs fucking off before we drop down the league beyond repair hes a fucking disgrace Van der Vaart is not on our radar he said but huth is?

I think you need to check your league positions again. Or is POS something else?

I was looking at a different statistic. Not related to league position.

You need to get laid.

I work with spreadsheets all the time. Wanted to check if we were better off defensively that Stoke. Turns out we weren't. I do have a woman in my life thank you.

Have some of you watched our matches this season? Our defence has been fucking shite.

Carra will be 33 next month, Soto is 31 (and is our only consistent performer), Sktrel has been out of sorts and Agger non fucking existent.

I agree with what your saying but there is better defenders out there than Huth,What about johnson or danns at birmingham? both better options imo and probably not a great deal of difference in fee's (compared to them being better quality players)