You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back 5 glued together with spit

Lucas Meireles in the middle

Kuyt on the right and I suppose Cole on the left (or Maxi or that spanish youngster that never plays anymore)

Gerrard behind Torres.

If it isnt working, bring on Ngog for Meireles and drop SG back to ACM.

reina

Carra Skrtel Agger Konchesky

Johnson Raul Gerrard Jovo/kuyt

cole

torres

This gives balance and shape imo. Kuyt was good for the dutch on the left. Johnson can do what he does best more. Jovo looked good going forward against Napoli but had to come off because he was not a center midfielder!!!!

At least this line up would give the opposition something to think about.

I very much like Raul and believe he has as much talent as Alonso and Xavi and SG didn't struggle because no-one was holding!

I don't think Mereiles is a bad player, I think aquilani is a better player and would have kept the player that had a year to settle rather than bring in someone else that would need time to settle.

I sort of agree with this, although why not have both in the squad? I heard Aqua being called shit and a flop after a few appearances for us but for me he's looked better than Mereiles has so far, the same people seem to be the one's insisting Mereiles is a class player. I'm not suggesting Mereilies isn't class just baffled by it.

Cole has to be one the most overrated players ever.

He's done nothing in his whole career, except get carried to some trophies by being on the bench for Chelsea.

This! Don't get me wrong he's a cracking player but the way some reds went on you'd think we'd just got Messi or something! There was a thread on RAWK that was making me cringe with a title 'Joe Cole of Liverpool how good does that sound?'

This! Don't get me wrong he's a cracking player but the way some reds went on you'd think we'd just got Messi or something! There was a thread on RAWK that was making me cringe with a title 'Joe Cole of Liverpool how good does that sound?'

Bet you'd be sucking him off if he grew up on Scotland Road.

Meireles is an very good footballer from what I have seen so far. I knew nothing of him prior to his arrival here but I think once the side becomes more settled and we have something resembling a wide player in the squad in January hopefully he will be playing in his favourite position more often.

He ticks all the boxes of being good to very good at everything but not outstanding at anything from what I have seen but he doesn't seem to have any real weaknesses to his game either. Just a good all round midfielder in every sense. In a settled side he will definitely be an asset. He reminds me of someone like McMahon minus the tackling capabilities even though he can put his foot in as well to a good standard.

I think he's settling in fine. He's not setting the world on fire at the moment but I don't suppose he's that kind of player anyway. Hopefully given a couple more months we'll start to see the best of him. He does need to work on his finishing though...

Back 5 glued together with spit

Lucas Meireles in the middle

Kuyt on the right and I suppose Cole on the left (or Maxi or that spanish youngster that never plays anymore)

Gerrard behind Torres.

If it isnt working, bring on Ngog for Meireles and drop SG back to ACM.

I should be a manager.

Sorry am I missing something here?

Aquilani is better than Meireles?

What a crock of fucking shite !!!

Ok its taken Meireles 10 games to settle in. I thought he was decent today, won a few balls and made the second goal and covered more grass in todays game than Aquilani did in his time here. I think he will be a useful addition to the squad. Maybe not a world beater but he is a good player.

What the fuck has Aquilani EVER done for us.

All this 'oh he shown glimpes that he can play'.

He done absolutely nothing , was lightweight , made from quavers and missed about 10 games through viruses but as soon as he leaves and we struggle its 'we are missing Aquilani and should never of sent him on loan'.

Horse shit!