You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Let's face it lad, in Boxing terms, Chelsea, Arsenal and United are Marciano, Dempsey and Frazier and we are an 83 year old Joe Bugner making a comeback, Wearing a nappy. And hobnail boots. Who has just jabbed his way to a win over a 10 year old. Who was having his first fight.

You carry on rejoicing and pissing your knickers though.

Feel free to reply in the third person or whatever shit you think befits your status though, you condescending fucking helmet.

You missed out spud-juggler.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats it. I'd be more than happy to be proved wrong.

Don't know what prompted the change in tactics today. But long may it continue. We keep playing like that we'll do alright. If he goes back to having us play like Fulham then hes a fool.

I have a funny feeling he wont now though. He has to have seen that today and thought "Thats how we should play".

Well if he's that clever we'll be ok I guess :wow:

Is fucking right!!! It feels fucking great to get home from the match after seeing a win and a good performance. That was much more like it and certainly far more like what I expect (and expected, to be fair) as a bare minimum from Roy's Liverpool.

To be honest the scoreline is a complete rip off because we could have been four up quite easily at half time. Blackburn were absolute dog shite - I mean really poor - but the story of the match for me is the dramatically improved football from us. There was a five/ten minute spell after we went back to 2-1 when we played some lovely stuff with great possession, movement, width (width!!!) and no little aggression.

However, the fragility of our confidence was soon obvious as we suddenly dropped deep and seemed unable to put a foot in in direct contrast to what had preceded that excellent little spell. Dave suggested to me afterwards that it's been a recurring theme that we drop like that in the final quarter of matches and he reckons it's actually a fitness thing - especially as they'd worked so hard in closing Blackburn down prior to that. In a way I hope so, as fitness is far more readily rectified than poor tactics.By the final whistle, we were shamelessly keeping the ball by the corner flag and a few people by me were shouting for us to put it in the box. Fuck that, though. Desperate for a win, a goal up at home with seconds left and we should risk a late equaliser? No fucking chance.

It's easier to change tactics than to make any significant gain on the fitness level of a football team during a season.

I wish I can get some of the positive thoughts though. Football should enjoyable and even though they played well for 70 minutes I can't shake the doom feeling.

Everything does not remain the same. We won, get over it.

Nothing has changed... we were playing a very, very, very poor Blackburn team at home...

They won't. Win lose or draw, they've made their minds up and aren't for turning.

Because there is only 70 odd minutes to be happy with over 9 league and 8 european games...

Excellent post. LVG had a bad start at Bayern, and he's not had a great start this year either.

LVG will also get the sack soon if things don't turn at Bayern...

Back in Liverpool, 2 good performances/results in a week, now we're up to joint 16th, and 9 points off 4th. The revival bus has left the station.

But what did those two performances really mean? Woy threw away a european tie and got lucky and to save up the stars for the likes of injury ravaged, 17th place Blackburn..... AND we are still 18th on goal difference. Don't kid yourself...

I didn't form my conclusion of Woy being shite overnight, so I'm not going to roll out the hope wagon after one adequate performance either...

Simple, we played well for the majority of the game in what will probably be the easiest game this season and won 2-1. Does not tell us much more other than the fact we have the capability of playing well if allowed and we can be more positive. As every game so far this season has been a backward step I will accept that for this game and Napoli we managed to at least stay on the same step for a while.

It was better but I think this is only as BB were so fucking awfull. To get 60 odd % possesions says it all really. What was more worrying is we even conceded a goal no matter how bizarre, we still let one in when they only managed 2 shots on target.

Still a very very very long way to go before I think we have turned the corner.

It was better but I think this is only as BB were so fucking awfull. To get 60 odd % possesions says it all really. What was more worrying is we even conceded a goal no matter how bizarre, we still let one in when they only managed 2 shots on target.

Still a very very very long way to go before I think we have turned the corner.

Definently, Boltons going to be a tough game. Alot tougher than today.

Mind you, if Roy approaches that game the same way he approached today I'd be a bit more confident.

If we revert to the same stuff we've seen up till today we'll be right back to square one.

I'm praying he sticks with a more postive approach like today.

i really hope this expected result does not change the process of changing the manger, it is needed before any more damage is done, Roy needs to go, 2 wins in 9 matches relegation zone for 2-3 weeks is unforgivable...not 1 single big team in england or europe would keep hodgson so i am not sue what the hell we are upto... also before any1 says it's not the liverpool way, i would say the liverpool way is identify the problem and eradicate it not preserve with the problem...the mirage of the club is being damaged everyday, not to mention our hopes and ambitions.... NESV need to act...please put us out of our misery... ROY OUT !!!! Also Fat Sam's class as manger is demonstrated by his tactics today. against a low confident liverpool and against old roy....the man has no shame...

Roy needs to go, 2 wins in 9 matches relegation zone for 2-3 weeks is unforgivable...

Yesterday, it was 1 win in 8 games. A win next week will be 3 wins from 10 games, and further progress up the table.

You'll not change your mind though, as it'll still be "unforgivable".

Yesterday, it was 1 win in 8 games. A win next week will be 3 wins from 10 games, and further progress up the table.

If they can play this way next week AWAY against a Bolton team that is markedly better than Blackburn and actually has a tactically aware manager and positive/aggressive team for a third straight performance of non-shit, I'll open my eyes and give it a chance... Highly unlikely given Woy's 35 years of history away from his home ground...

Guest ShoePiss

3 wins in 10 is a disgrace, if that happens he should be fired.

We won't win away at blackburn so don't worry, the best result we will get will be a point. It's going to be a long season of being wrong for you I'm afraid. Reality is going to expose your crap again and again and everyone will hate you all the more for it and automatically know that any prediction you make is opposing what we are all seeing, week in week out. I really don't know what you get out of it so I hope Roy is paying you well.

We won't win away at blackburn so don't worry, the best result we will get will be a point. It's going to be a long season of being wrong for you I'm afraid. Reality is going to expose your crap again and again and everyone will hate you all the more for it and automatically know that any prediction you make is opposing what we are all seeing, week in week out. I really don't know what you get out of it so I hope Roy is paying you well.

your right we wont win away at Blackburn because we are playing Bolton.......

I know it's not much but that was our best performance so far this season

If it weren't for Robbo we could've been 4-0 up at HT. I'm just happy we got the 3 points which was badly needed after the recent results and performances at home against lesser teams like Sunderland and Blackpool