You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest ShoePiss
Good performance for 70 minutes there.

Hope all the haters are willing to eat their words.

Are you joking? Don't you fucking dare trivialise the situation as simply being 'haters'. Hodgson isn't fit to be Liverpool manager, simple as that. I don't hate him.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PurpleNose
Are you joking? Don't you fucking dare trivialise the situation as simply being 'haters'. Hodgson isn't fit to be Liverpool manager, simple as that. I don't hate him.

Whatever.

That's more like it!

We pressed the ball, we used some kind of width, we passed the ball into space where players had taken up that space, we scored and defended from setpieces.

If you can't support Roy after that you never will. What went before has passed, I'm judging him from now. He has to win his next game and play in the same manner doing so, if he can do that then he's earned the chance to stay on for the time being in my eyes.

Kenny really needs to have a word with him about what he says re: United. That won't fly!

Keep that up and I'll gladly fight your corner Roy.

Jesus Christ.

But it would be churlish to make too much of that given the overall performance.

Well then churl me up!

Halloween horrorshow up next!

but, I will concede (as the TLW blogs have been saying) that he should be given the ten games he asked for.

Still, watching tthat first 70 I'm thinking that that is us playing with Pellegrini tactics.

We're happy beating an average Blackburn side where most of their players were injuired, first 75 minutes were totally good football, but this doesn't necessary mean that suddenly everything that is wrong became right, for instance our defence is still slow and conceeds unnecessary goals, and for the last 25 minutes, Roy reverted back to his 35 years of management and decided to sit back deep and invite them onto us, we defended a lead against at best an average Blackburn side who we could've finished in the first half with 4 goals if it weren't for Robinson.

The major postive for me aside from the performance in the first 75 minutes, is Torres returning to the scoresheet, this will certainly boost his confidence and gradually he'll return to his form, one thing though, he needs to be used the same way we used him in the first half, using him as the big target man will never work.

Shelvey also getting his PL debut is a good thing, though I would've loved if he was given more time, and where is Pacheco, the kid's immense and should get his chance and time in matches like these, remember Roy sold Roberto Carlos when he was at Inter because he deemed the Brazilian not good enough and under no circumenstances we should let him alienate our future players espcially if they were with Pacheco's skills and technique, Roy give Pacheco more time.

Hope this performance continue till the Bolton game because if we return to the abysmall performances we produced for the better part of the season then we should sack him with immediate effect, I really think that he won't last the season anyway and that this win only buys him more time, tough test at the Reebok stadium next week and a massive point in Roy's and LFC's future.

Right Roy, as this win will have bought you a bit more time, how about, you know, looking at things and seeing why your shit doesn't work?

Now, what those of us who didn't want you here from the start said was, if you try something and it clearly isn't working, then look at it and modify it and at least we will back you if you are seen to be trying to do something about it. Carragher has seen better days and should be back up now, he is the 4th best CB of 4 in the first team squad currently.

We have two full backs who are wing backs, why not use them effectively? We have 3 out and out central midfielders, one if whom is terrible, one average and one promising based on a short time here.....you have two pretty destructive attacking players who need to be closer to Torres, so hows about taking all that on board and start playing to OUR fucking strengths for a couple of games and see how it goes eh?