You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

HKS Ground design, what now?

lifetime fan

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets see what proposals there are for a revamped Anfield first.

I just don't see it making financial sense AR but of course we need to be open minded.

A new, bigger stadium, shit loads of hospitality and corporates plus naming rights.

Fleece the corporates and hospitality and have sensible ticket pricing elsewhere around the ground, actually make it affordable for an ol fella to take his lad and watch the game.

I would actually bin the HKS proposal, partly because it is still a flawed design, partly because it would serve as a reminder of the two tumours, but mostly because I think Hicks would throw a spanner in the works by becoming more involved with HKS than he already is.

Get in Herzog & DeMeuron, start with the Allianz Arena (inside) and redesign one end to incorporate a single tier Kop. Assuming we actually go for a new stadium rather thanredevelopment.

In any case, we must wait for NESV to conclude their research into the club's needs before we can take the next step.

If possible try and upgrade Anfield. The stadium needs atleast 10000 more seats and hopefully will generate money to keep us competing with the Mancs. Once the titles come, the money will come too.

We are not Chelsea to not have a weak fan base so we should do well when we win something. Maybe if there is some extra cash in say five years then we can think of building a new stadium. Currently we don't have the revenue stream( no champions league money; nor are we in London to charge extortionate prices) to finance a new stadium.

Clubs like Arsenal can do it because they consistently finish in the champions league, have good youth system to bank on (instead of splashing big cash on players), have a good manager and are located in London. With us any plans to build a stadium would require us to borrow money again which would mean that whatever money/profits we generate will be going off to interest payments.

Cardie is spot on for me. As much as I hate those two cunts who used to own us (fucking hell, how amazing does that sound?!), that stadium design was superb. It would be a reminder, although I suppose the best way of looking at it is that it wasn't designed by H&G, it was designed by the top stadium design company in the world who were paid £30M to design it, indirectly by NESV!*

* The £30M was borrowed money which H&G didn't repay to RBS - NESV paid it. That's my logic and i'm sticking to it!

HKS were told, we have 240 million for a stadium can you design one, the design they come back with cost £500 million!! the club (parry and gillett at the time) then got in touch with the architect the club already have a relationship with think they are called AFL and invited them to tender for it (telling them their budget) and they came back with a design for £280 mill.

So the argument stated about why Hicks was sotied into HKS, turns out he owed them work from failed plans in Brazil.

Anyway I would like to think the owners would have a full look into redeveloping anfield, SOS have already had two architect companies look into a redevelopment and i am sure if we speak to the new owners it will be something that is raised.

Oh and in todays news David Moyes has said the club would be "very interested" in a groundshare :lol::lol:

If possible try and upgrade Anfield. The stadium needs atleast 10000 more seats and hopefully will generate money to keep us competing with the Mancs. Once the titles come, the money will come too.

We are not Chelsea to not have a weak fan base so we should do well when we win something. Maybe if there is some extra cash in say five years then we can think of building a new stadium. Currently we don't have the revenue stream( no champions league money; nor are we in London to charge extortionate prices) to finance a new stadium.

Clubs like Arsenal can do it because they consistently finish in the champions league, have good youth system to bank on (instead of splashing big cash on players), have a good manager and are located in London. With us any plans to build a stadium would require us to borrow money again which would mean that whatever money/profits we generate will be going off to interest payments.

The cost of redeveloping Anfield and loss of match day income would be pretty fucking expensive too mate.

It wasn't a bad looking stadium, although I thought it looked pretty unrealistic and over the top.

I'd rather not go with it, mainly to wipe out another trace that Hicks ever existed at our club. His 30m worth of hanging picture should be forever left as a monument of his blubbering sky academy award winning performance.

It was a great design but dont want to be associated with them anymore and i wonder if hicks would try frigon go after us for that in all. But then would be more than happy with something similar to arsenals ground and maybe why Keith Edelman was at board meeting on wednesday. So who knows really.

I would look at redeveloping Anfield but if it cant be done it cant be done, i wouldnt be angry or anything.

Groundshare= never and I dont think owner will do that either once he listens to the fans.

Redevelop Anfield.

Liverpool isn't London, imo there simply isn't the demand for loads of corporate boxes. You can't compare either a potential new stadium or a redeveloped Anfield with the Emirates. Totally different rules down there and clients / 'supporters'

Man utd have no problems

I like the HKS design and would love to see it happen but, as was pointed out to me last week, it may not be the best thing for us to do at this precise time.

From what I understand, the level of manageable debt we have now, costs us between 2 and 3 million a year in interest. If we went ahead with the HKS Stanley Park Stadium, how much do people think we'd get for naming rights? How much would the build cost us, Would NESV be likely to put any of their money into it and what kind of interest will we be paying on the loan we'd undoubtedly need? Also, realistically how much revenue could we expect from more bums on seats each year?

I would rather us redevelop Anfield and I reckon it can be done. However if a new stadium is the option then I would have no problems with the HK design... Other have already said it as it's the best thing that they did even though I don't believe that £30m was spent on stadium costs.... More like £10m and the other £20m to line their fat greedy pockets....