You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

High Court Date and Time

bri

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was the sarcastic response?

This was my email:

"Dear All,

This will be short and sharp - Do not go anywhere near Tom Hicks and his attempt to drive Liverpool Football Club further into the ground by affording him the opportunity to refinance and retain control of our club.

The groundswell of rage amongst the club's millions of fans worldwide and the subsequent desecration of your reputation such a move would undoubtedly bring is, I hope you'll agree, not something worth taking a chance on."

And this was the response:

"thanks for caring, it means a lot"

I think they have done this to all of us, told lie after lie and wriggled out of every obligation they every made, it is only natural we feel this way.

I mean who the fuck ever thought we would be a subject to a court ruling in Texas.

I bet most of the best legal minds in the country never seen that coming, yes they reacted well but it was probably the last thing in the world they were expecting and why because it is a pile of shit.

Like you I worry about another trick.

Chiill out

It will all be fine after they get the ruling tomorrow completion can take place within an hour

Only way we can be fucked is if he finds 237m before 2PM tomorrow

Re: Email to Mill Financial

« Reply #101 on: Today at 10:52:04 PM »

I have just had this reply to my emails!!!!!!!!!!!!

All you are doing is annoying staff like me who have nothing to do with it.

If you keep it up I will make it my business to make it happen.

Regards

Craig Aspinall CFA | Associate Director | Institutional Sales | Macquarie Global Investments

M: 61- (0) 400 187 109 |F: 61-2-8252 7130 |E: craig.aspinall@macquarie.com

Regards

Craig Aspinall CFA | Associate Director | Institutional Sales | Macquarie Global Investments

So he's got nothing to do with it but he can make it happen?

Cheeky fucking twat.

Would it really be refinancing though?

It'd just be them giving RBS all the money they want and Hicks is back in charge.

No one is gonna give him the money for nothing without him putting enough collateral up first to cover the risk.. He could use other businesses that he owns to refinance and then yes he could pay RBS no problem as the lfc board would have no say in his other businesses, but the fact is he isnt able to do it as his other business's are all levereged to the hilt. If he could have used his other businesses he would have done it by now.

Liverpool fc is his biggest asset, the only way he can get the money is by refinancing using the stadium and training ground etc as collateral but the board is legally able reject this which they have done multiple times over past few months..

His only escape is finding someone who will just give him the money as a gift and then paying RBS off, and I dont think he knows anyone that would lend him £300 million for nothing ..

Regards

We'll report this cunt even if they dont have anything to do with it.

He'll be a manc i bet you

Regards

Email to mill financial but at the bottom its Macquarie Global Investments??????????

If Hicks refinances via an illegal TRO then the premier league should ban him - simple as. I can see this getting very messy.

LOL thats what people are saying, he'll probably just ignore the High Court judgement and continue with his own board he installed last week with his son Mack.

If he did do that though it wouldfirstly be illegal and secondly he'd be uttlerly f*****d, even he wouldnt be stupid enough to do it unless he wants some jail time and massive fine which would no doubt bankrupt him.

LOL thats what people are saying, he'll probably just ignore the High Court judgement and continue with his own board he installed last week with his son Mack.

If he did do that though it wouldfirstly be illegal and secondly he'd be uttlerly f*****d, even he wouldnt be stupid enough to do it unless he wants some jail time and massive fine which would no doubt bankrupt him.

If he ignores the high court judgement he will go to jail whenever he steps foot in the UK again.

Nor do we take kindly to being threatened by one of your employees

"Re: Email to Mill Financial

Regards

M: 61- (0) 400 187 109 |F: 61-2-8252 7130 |E: craig.aspinall@macquarie.com"

Regards,

The Times reporting Mills Finacial stil a threat - we should go for them I reckon. Mnd you The Times, not been that spot on last few months regards takeover! (not Tony B, Helen Power)

Rumours swirled yesterday that Mill Financial is a front for Kenny Huang, who made an unsuccessful bid for the club last month

Like most hedge funds, Mill Financial, the American financial group that bought George Gillett Jr’s 50 per cent stake in Liverpool last week, likes to keep a low profile.

The fund is believed to be an arm of the Springfield Financial Companies Group, which is based in Virginia and, according to its own website, provides short and medium-term financing for real estate developers.

The Springfield Group is also said to have links to the Washington Redskins, the NFL team. Beyond that, almost nothing is known about Mill Financial and its parent company.

Rumours swirled yesterday that Mill Financial is a front for Kenny Huang, the Hong Kong-based businessman who made a bid for the club but appeared to walk away from Liverpool last month.

Other insiders speculated that the fund could be serving its own interests, hoping to snap up Liverpool at a discount and sell it on to a higher bidder.

But even Liverpool’s lender, the state-backed Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS), has not been told who, if anyone, is behind the fund.

Whoever is behind Mill Financial has only hours to make a final move for Liverpool because the club’s £237 million loan with RBS expires at the end of business hours today.

It was unclear last night exactly how RBS defines its working day, but Liverpool could go into default as early as 4.30pm, when the bank’s tellers pull down the hatches early for the weekend.

RBS declined to comment, but it is understood that Mill Financial opened its first serious talks with the bank yesterday morning, offering to pay off Liverpool’s loans as part of its bid to take control of the club.

But on the advice of its lawyers, RBS refused to take Mill Financial’s money, insisting that the fund first acquire Tom Hicks’s 50 per cent stake in the club before it is allowed to redeem the club’s debt.

Sources close to RBS insisted last night that if Mill Financial can both acquire Hicks’s stake and put cash on the table to repay the debt, there is legally nothing that the bank will be able to do to stop the fund redeeming Liverpool’s debt and taking control of the club.

But once the clock hits 4.30 this afternoon, it is a different matter. At that point Liverpool fall into default and Hicks and Mill Financial will lose their rights over the club.

Yesterday morning RBS believed that Mill Financial would seal a last-gasp deal to take over the club through its audacious purchase of Liverpool’s debt. But by last night the hedge fund had still not returned with Hicks’s stake.

Mill Financial now faces a real race against time if it wants to make that last dramatic twist happen.

Dear, Christian,Martin Ian, Richard,Grabi,

Please take the afternoon off tomorrow.

You've done all you can.

Turn your phones off, play some golf.

Leave Hicks boiling in his own piss at 4.30 tomorrow.

Lets take the hit. We gain some sort of control of our destiny that way.

Its not ideal, but this situation is beyond anything we could have imagined.

They simply will not die.

Id love to know what Hodgson is thinking about all this.

Tick tock.