You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

High Court Date and Time

bri

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone including Huang who wants to buy the club will have to do due dilligence etc in less then 24 hrs.

And pass the Premier League's fit and proper persons test. And as far as Im aware, they have recieved no notification of any takeover from Hicks.

We are 80% there. The Texas judge knows he's fucked up. 'Considering' Floyd's judgment overnight to save face. He woudln't be getting up so early if he wasn't going to push this through. I will be in Daly's on the Strand opposite the courtt tomorrow night at 6.30pm drinking champagne to celebrate (a) the confirmation that my wonderful daughter is well after an illness last year (final check-up tomorrow - we know she's fine); (b) the end of this miserable saga.

We are 80% there. The Texas judge knows he's fucked up. 'Considering' Floyd's judgment overnight to save face. He woudln't be getting up so early if he wasn't going to push this through. I will be in Daly's on the Strand opposite the courtt tomorrow night at 6.30pm drinking champagne to celebrate (a) the confirmation that my wonderful daughter is well after an illness last year (final check-up tomorrow - we know she's fine); (b) the end of this miserable saga.

All the best for your daughter, mate.

This adjournment is a blatant attempt to get more time to refinance, or sell to Mill/Huang. The facts speak for themselves - Hicks has LIED to a court and the UK High Court has told him exactly what has gone on.

This is a set up, an attempt to sort something out when we're all sleeping. Those Australian cunts were sniffing around as well. There was no need for an adjournment whatsoever. The back door remains open.

This adjournment is a blatant attempt to get more time to refinance, or sell to Mill/Huang. The facts speak for themselves - Hicks has LIED to a court and the UK High Court has told him exactly what has gone on.

This is a set up, an attempt to sort something out when we're all sleeping. Those Australian cunts were sniffing around as well. There was no need for an adjournment whatsoever. The back door remains open.

I've been saying this all night but it's only just dawning on me that he had this all set up in advance. His judge mate has been a stooge and a half here. Aussies? Nice time difference, very convenient.

Best of luck with your daughters results mate

I've been saying this all night but it's only just dawning on me that he had this all set up in advance. His judge mate has been a stooge and a half here. Aussies? Nice time difference, very convenient.

5 hours behind in Texas, then the time difference back down under. Fat Head is up to something.

This was posted on the Guardian at 10.20

It was about this time last night that everything kicked off but for the moment all seems quiet on the western front. Sky Sports News's Bryan Swanson remains outside Slaughter & May in the hope of grabbing a word with John W. Henry when he emerges - if he emerges. I reckon there's about six feet between the door of the building and his waiting car so it's going to be a brief word if he gets one. I'm going to take advantage of the lull by dealing with some emails. Daniel Strauss is unconvinced by Daniel Turner's earlier statement (see 8:57pm) ...

"With respect to Mr. Turner (please forgive me if there is a different title for a QC), I don't think that argument carries much weight. The judge struck the portion of the Texas TRO written by Hicks' attorney which would have enjoined RBS/Liverpool's board/NESV from "taking any action in any other court to effect or impede this lawsuit". The Texas TRO in no way prevented today's court action by RBS/Liverpool. Liverpool's statement only deals with the London court decision today.

That being said, Hicks' attorney in Dallas needs to tread very lightly, in my opinion. The original petition for the restraining order and subsequent motion for contempt could be construed to be willfully misleading the court with the rather obvious omissions, particularly as they relate to the London court actions. The Texas judge was deliberately careful to insert the word "solely" in every paragraph detailing the allegations in the TRO. Once the attorneys for RBS/Liverpool FC/NESV present their arguments, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the judge comes down hard on Hicks. Forfeiture of the $15,000 bond they had to pay the court and Defendant's attorney costs (which would be astronomical given the extremely short notice) would be a start."

I'm so pissed off with this. 3 rollercoaster days, and we're still no closer to knowing where we stand.

Either way, I'm pretty sure that fat twat has another ace up his sleeve. The slimey horrible bastard.

Thats exactly what it is. And once this case is done tomorrow its suddenly the weekend and they have more time, its been perfectly set up.

I'd love to be wrong and hope this judge is going to laugh him out of court tomorrow but Liverpool win a court case against a Texan in Texas? Yeah right!!

It has to be solved by 4pm UK time tomorrow.

Shit is getting sneaky.

Just my thoughts......

Surely the time for "refinancing" has past no?

In April, under T&C's of previous finance extension, Hicks and gillette agreed to sell the club and Broughton was brought in to oversee that sale with authority to sell the club.

thats what all the court cases this week were about. The club was effectively "sold" last week and these cases and injunctions are only stalling the inevitable.

Just my thoughts......

Surely the time for "refinancing" has past no?

In April, under T&C's of previous finance extension, Hicks and gillette agreed to sell the club and Broughton was brought in to oversee that sale with authority to sell the club.

thats what all the court cases this week were about. The club was effectively "sold" last week and these cases and injunctions are only stalling the inevitable.

He'd refinanced 6 weeks ago until Blackstone shit themselves.

It's just been on ssn 'and in this dallas courtroom, liverpool's future could be decided tomorrow' it's absolutely ridiculous what it's come to and how it's been allowed to happen..

Insane that despite two rulings by the relevant High Court of Justice, that Tinpot Jim and his kangaroo court hold the future of LFC in their hands - despite being found to have NO jurisdiction by the high court that DOES have the jurisdiction to rule on the case.

If the sale to NESV doesn't go through - for a variety of possible reasons - then you could argue that Kangaroo Jim, along with our wonderful 'custodians', has played a massive role in bringing down the institution that is Liverpool Football Club.

I should be astonished that he issued that TRO yesterday, and even more astonished at the delaying tactics today, but I'm not. It's almost exactly what a lot of people expected and feared.

He'd refinanced 6 weeks ago until Blackstone shit themselves.

thats what i mean though. After the board "sold" the club last week, the chance of Hicks refinancing had gone.

Like many here, I cant believe that the whole process is being stalled by a backwater court. But I firmly believe that the Dallas court is well aware of the time limits involved and that is why they are leaving a window open after the hearing. I'm convinced that all the paperwork and money is in place and effectively gets processed immediately. As i said the deal was done over a week ago.

Edited by gumps