You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

High Court Date and Time

bri

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont want Martin to stay on. I want him to forever be the hero of this battle, not be dragged down in the petty affairs of the day-to-day running of the club.

Also, I really don't want him to turn into a Liverpool fan! I hate it when grown men changes the team they support. And whenever I'm annoyed by Chelsea winning, I want to be able to think "at least Martin is happy"..

Well done to everybody who's campaigned against those two parasites. There are the obvious names who've gone that extra mile, you have my utmost respect.

Well done to everybody, every email, march, poster handed out, letter sent, account closed, branch picketed it all counted in the end.

I just hope the new owners don't go the same way as the old ones, we need to watch them very very closely over the next few years.

Absolutely elated, actually do genuinely feel a massive weight being lifted.

One proviso I would give to everyone wanting Broughton to stay on as Chairman, if I can use that quote 'You'd want him to lead the country in war but you wouldn't want him to lead the country' is applicable here, he was brought in to 'Sell the Club' which he has done an absolutely brilliant job in the way he's done it and the result he's achieved. I do firmly believe though that for the everyday running of a football club we need a football man on board to oversee the day to day operation of the club, remember Parry was never actually replaced and his role somehow got amalgamated into Purlsows brief.

Well done to everybody who's campaigned against those two parasites. There are the obvious names who've gone that extra mile, you have my utmost respect.

Well done to everybody, every email, march, poster handed out, letter sent, account closed, branch picketed it all counted in the end.

I just hope the new owners don't go the same way as the old ones, we need to watch them very very closely over the next few years.

seconded, good shout mate

Am I being thick here? I think Hicks and Gillett bought the club for 174m, and have sold it for 300m today. When they bought the club we were about 40m in debt and where performing well in the league and champions league. They piled debt onto the club, we have no champions league football and are currently in the relegation zone. Can anyone explain how liverpool fc has almost doubled in value?

Am I being thick here? I think Hicks and Gillett bought the club for 174m, and have sold it for 300m today. When they bought the club we were about 40m in debt and where performing well in the league and champions league. They piled debt onto the club, we have no champions league football and are currently in the relegation zone. Can anyone explain how liverpool fc has almost doubled in value?

Because of the debt itself.

The shares were basically worthless in the end as far as I can see.