You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

High Court Date and Time

bri

Richard Snowdon, for RBS, finished off today's proceedings by describing Hicks and Gillett's stance as "astonishing" and Mr Girolami's comments, and counter injunction claim against all parties, as "wild allegations being bandied around."

He said: "There can be no course of action against us. We are a lender to this company. RBS is trying to find a solution to this problem for everyone.

"It's quite astonishing for my learned friend to stand up and say there shouldn't be a mandatory injunction (against Hicks and Gillett) as RBS won't enforce their deadline.

"After Friday, the facility goes to maturity.

"Hicks and Gillett are asking you to play a game. Your lordship should not play it. The board of directors should be reconstituted."

Ha ha that last paragraph is quality, Lord Grabinger refering to "Hicks minor" pretty decent effort also!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have we established what decision is taken tomorrow/today what it means is?

Read somewhere that it is the big decision but their will be further ongoing cases i think telegraph talks about claims for damages etc (i assume that means hicks and gillett wanting money for something or other.

Sorry if asking same questions over just wondering.

It was said in court that Lims bid at the time was less than the Soxs. Therefore the soxs bid was accepted. to come back now with more is a bid like Everton offering to buy Torres after the deal is done. He is not saying however that if NESV drop out and we take a 9 point hit his offer still stands. Asian Kirdi.

Aye, maybe Lim failed the medical aswell.

Have we established what decision is taken tomorrow/today what it means is?

Read somewhere that it is the big decision but their will be further ongoing cases i think telegraph talks about claims for damages etc (i assume that means hicks and gillett wanting money for something or other.

Sorry if asking same questions over just wondering.

As you say it is the big decision tomorrow but that doesn't mean it's over by a long way unless the judge deems that there is no grounds for appeal. He can also stop any claims for compensation from the plaintiff (hicks) if he feels that all the criteria set out in the agreement by RBS has been met to his satisfaction by Broughton. In theory it can finish for good tomorrow but I have a feeling it will be appealed and appealable.

Oh and don't worry if we do lose as the defendant in any case has the right to appeal without additional information being obtained although it's unlikely to succed without any.

Lets just hope this judge is a big a cunt as mine was last time I was in court and tells them to fuck off back to the states and never come back.