You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rohypnol.

Na, it all just depends how well you know the girl I suppose. Try find out something she's into, and try find a small gift armed with this knowledge. A cd or something.

But don't go overboard. Nothing screams desperation like a two week cruise to Dubai on the first date.

She'll dump you the minute the plane hits home tarmac again.

I would never even think of bringing a present on a first date. Maybe I'm a bit rubbish though - is this a done thing? Could explain the disappointed look on a girls face when she sees me beyond the glare of dance floor lights... no, could still be my looks. Maybe both. Might have to start carrying a bunch of flowers in front of my face so they don't catch a glimpse of it until I'm up close, then it's pass the flowers towards them and by the time joy turns to horror, they're already locked in. Nowhere to run, love. Game over.

Hope this helps.

No presents first date. I have always found if your polite and gentlemanly on a first date normally works open doors for them and all that. They either love it or tell you its not necessary either way you know where your at (normally love it to be honest!!) After 3 or 4 dates you fuck it off and just march into selected bar as door slams in there face tends to go down hill after that

I was thinking perhaps a small cuddly toy or is that too "queer"?

Gay. Though it depends how old you are?

Yeah. Don't take a present, you'll look desperate. Save it for date number 3 or 4, which is usually around the unspoken time of 'Are we going to carry this thing on?'

Don't pay too much attention to this one, I took her flowers on our first date and I even got to stay the night.

Life isn't like how it looks in films. The nice guy who showers a woman with flowers and compliments and constantly kisses her arse might win eventually in Hollywood, but in the real world you'll get nowhere.

You have to ask yourself why would you give her a present. Are you thanking her for giving up her time? Is it to make her feel obligated to spend time with you? To create a good impression? Because you feel she deserves rewarding? Whatever the reason, that's how it may look, and there's no good can come of it.

The best thing you can do is forget about putting any woman on a pedestal and just be yourself. Don't think of her as some sort of prize that you can win, think of you as the prize. Just relax, don't pander to her and don't go out of your way to impress her. You're your own man with your own life, you don't need a woman. Think of your life as a beautiful cake which is great on it's own - and then think of a great woman as being the icing. The right icing will compliment the cake and taste delicious, but the icing is just a topping - it's the cake (you) that matters most.

If you can convey this then it makes you a lot more attractive. But giving presents and supplicating makes you come across as a bit desperate and needy. And even if it were to work, you'd be setting the wrong tone from the start of the relationship. Just relax and have fun and you'll be fine. Good luck.

Oh, and smash 'er lad.

Take a gift.

Yer big bender, take fuck all other then a winning smile and if you don't get to knob her first date don't worry about it as she was probably a Lesbian anyways.

Joking aside taking a gift is a big no-no as like its been put it makes you seem either desperate or weird and neither are what you want to appear.

Just make sure your clean and presentable plus make sure you have some cash with you and just take it from there.