You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Saturday's games

Captain

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't even take any satisfaction with them cunts slipping up cause you know they will be in the top two come the end of the season anyway.

No, they won't. Chelsea and Arsenal, at least, will top them; I'd suggest City too. A spine including Van Der Saar, Giggs, Scholes and Neville over the course of a season? They'll need a fresh batch of £15-30 million youngsters to bail them out once those legs finally go.

Sooner than later United will fall victim to our lesson and others: you can't take money out of a club whilst others around you greatly invest and expect to compete, Ferguson or not.

No, they won't. Chelsea and Arsenal, at least, will top them; I'd suggest City too. A spine including Van Der Saar, Giggs, Scholes and Neville over the course of a season? They'll need a fresh batch of £15-30 million youngsters to bail them out once those legs finally go.

Sooner than later United will fall victim to our lesson and others: you can't take money out of a club whilst others around you greatly invest and expect to compete, Ferguson or not.

Hopefully you're right but I just can't see it.

Man City are - as many have said all along - utter shite.

It makes our dismal performance against them all the more irritating, considering they lost to Sunderland and are down at home to fucking Bolton, since.

They should have lost by 4 or 5 against Spurs too. Mancini out before xmas?

Man City are - as many have said all along - utter shite.

It makes our dismal performance against them all the more irritating, considering they lost to Sunderland and are down at home to fucking Bolton, since.

They should have lost by 4 or 5 against Spurs too. Mancini out before xmas?

It would not surprise me at all. He doesn't seem to be up to the task.

Don't we do this every season? Write off the Mancs early on in the season and then watch them promptly finish there or thereabouts at the top?

Van der Saar, Neville, Evans, Vidic, Evra, O'Shea, Scholes, Fletcher, Nani, Giggs, Berbatov.

Kuszak, Macheda, Owen, Smalling, Park, Gibson, Rafael

Rooney and Valencia missing.

I'm not writing them off per say: I'd yet expect them to finish above both ourselves and Spurs. But line that 17 up against anything City, Arsenal or Chelsea have to offer. United's bread and butter has always been as a battering ram against the minnows. Their record at Goodison for example; that before Burnley they hadn't dropped points against a relegated side in 10 years. You'd expect their home record to remain nigh on strong as ever, but is that a personnel capable of similar away from home?

Van der Saar, Neville, Evans, Vidic, Evra, O'Shea, Scholes, Fletcher, Nani, Giggs, Berbatov.

Kuszak, Macheda, Owen, Smalling, Park, Gibson, Rafael

Rooney and Valencia missing.

I'm not writing them off per say: I'd yet expect them to finish above both ourselves and Spurs. But line that 17 up against anything City, Arsenal or Chelsea have to offer. United's bread and butter has always been as a battering ram against the minnows. Their record at Goodison for example; that before Burnley they hadn't dropped points against a relegated side in 10 years. You'd expect their home record to remain nigh on strong as ever, but is that a personnel capable of similar away from home?

I hope you're right, mate. I agree though, mate, that that side is nothing special on paper, but the one thing they have going for them is that they have *takes deep breath* the best manager in the world in their dugout. I think that that pisshead cunt could probably mastermind a title challenge in his sleep.

Papering over the cracks. City will probably win but they are still shit. Which is impressive considering they have managed to spend £350m

City aren't shit: as was clear when they put nigh on our best 11 to the sword in a manner that hasn't been seen, Chelsea at Anfield aside, for years. They've by far the deepest squad in the league, and it's still early for them to be adjusting how they set up at home. I don't think by any stretch that they'll take the title, but I'd expect an 80 point or thereabouts season from them.

City aren't shit: as was clear when they put nigh on our best 11 to the sword in a manner that hasn't been seen, Chelsea at Anfield aside, for years. They've by far the deepest squad in the league, and it's still early for them to be adjusting how they set up at home. I don't think by any stretch that they'll take the title, but I'd expect an 80 point or thereabouts season from them.

Think it's safe to safe that side that played city will be nothing like our first 11. Cole, Meireles, Konchesky, Poulsen all to come in, the formation will most likely be different too.

Meh. You say adjusting, i say shit. And having a 'deep' squad to me says it will only cause friction with so many ego's in the same house.

They've spent an absolute fortune and i only see Carlos Tevez as the genuine world class talent.

If they dont win today - then the questions will already be being asked, and its then only a matter of time if they dont turn it around. See Real Madrid as proof money cant buy you success.