You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson wants to make "several other additions to strengthen the squad"

RafaLaBamba

Roy confident of more deals - Liverpool FC

"We're still interested in some other players. I hope this won't be the last of our signings. The aim of the club - the aim of the board, Christian Purslow and everyone at the club - is to try and make this squad as competitive as possible."

"If we can sign several more to make the squad even stronger then that will also help further.

Good to hear Roy.

In other news; Dani Pacheco is fucking immense!

:yes:

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three of 'his' signings? Not being funny but Jova was on his way before Rafa was even sacked and weren't we interested in the lad Wilson too?

Cole's a good signing though.

On a slightly tangental note, I'm getting fed up of reading comments like this:

"The aim of the club - the aim of the board, Christian Purslow and everyone at the club - is to try and make this squad as competitive as possible."

Purslow's bloody name cropping up again. It makes me want to grab him by the slippery lapel-of his suit jacket and shake him whilst shouting "What do you do Christian!? What job do you do?! Nobody knows what your job is, Christian. Tell us what you do''.

It's fucking mystifying. First he was here to find investment, then he was selling the club, now he's strengthening the team and his name's mentioned in every single press conference the manager gives. His lack of any singular identity is irritating to say the least.

That raises as many questions as it answers. How often do you hear any other premier league manager refer to their CEO in press conferences?

Not a great deal would be my guess. Purslow will be rivalling Gary Cook for notoriety soon enough.

David Gill is in the press quite a lot to be fair.

David Gill wasn't brought in by Manchester United to find £100 million investment due to his business acumen, before failing to do so and instead starting to take on miscellaneous duties, the parameters of which are mysterious and undefinable to most fans.

At least I assume he wasn't, but I don't know for definite to be fair.

That raises as many questions as it answers. How often do you hear any other premier league manager refer to their CEO in press conferences?

Not a great deal would be my guess. Purslow will be rivalling Gary Cook for notoriety soon enough.

The manager says to CEO, I dont want x y z, so you can sell them, but I want a b c, so try get them, if you cant get them get d e f, CEO does the financial negotiations, this is normal.

i'm under no illusions that Purslow has a Napoleon complex, but people really need to stop with the blame him on everything shit, he's not the problem the Yanks are, he goes he'll be replaced.

The manager says to CEO, I dont want x y z, so you can sell them, but I want a b c, so try get them, if you cant get them get d e f, CEO does the financial negotiations, this is normal.

i'm under no illusions that Purslow has a Napoleon complex, but people really need to stop with the blame him on everything shit, he's not the problem the Yanks are, he goes he'll be replaced.

Very good post.

I'm not blaming him for anything, I just think the mutation of his role has been quite remarkable.

What his remit is, isn't, should or should not be has been done to death to be fair so I'm not going to bother going on about it.

Spot on mate

I think Purslow is here for the long haul. The new owners (if we ever get them) are more likely than not to keep the existing management team.

Guest TesticleOReilly
Do they get constantly namechecked by their managers though?

It's almost like Purslow, via Hodgson, is trying to make a point.

Or Hodgson, via the press, is making it known that Purslow is the Director of Football, and Woy's only the manager.

The CEO does what the owners want, he is the representative (or local face, if you want) of the owners. He is part of the problem, and needs to be replaced together with the owners. What people here concentrate on is just office politics, and Purslow is very good at that.

The manager says to CEO, I dont want x y z, so you can sell them, but I want a b c, so try get them, if you cant get them get fucked

Fixed it for you my friend.