You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I don't give a shit about Purslow, there I said it. I think for the past few months he's basically been victim of shit rumours, character assassinations and retrospective bullshit. Which has completely diverted the campaign to get the owners out.

Chapter One: Failed Investment

What is all this about failing to find investment. He found investment, Hicks didn't want it, what the fuck was he supposed to do?

Purslow: Tom, I've found investment £100 Million for 40%

Tom: Tell them to fuck off and I'm giving them 15%

Purslow(on phone to investor): 15% for £100 Million *Phone Click*

You see, what the fuck was he supposed to do. I'd imagine in some alternate reality we've got Purslow finding investment and still being called a cunt for it. Tell me was Purslow going to come out of this with any great respect?

Chapter Two: Making footballing decisions

This is a good one, and a new one. Making footballing decisions, he's been doing that for about a year you know? He secured the future of Kuyt and Reina. As well as giving Benitez a 5 year contract. Where was the outrage, where was the anger then? It's only an issue when the footballing decisions go against what you think is right.

Benitez didn't share that outrage, he signed a 5 year fucking contract.

Chapter Three: SOS

You know what, that was a sad episode. Both parties came out of there looking stupid.

1. SOS lost any contacts they may have had within the club, because they couldn't apply discretion

2. Purslow was naive to fuck about the meeting

Since then Purslow has been victim of some sort of character assassination, I don't know what beef SOS had with them. But I hope they would have applied discretion in his content, at least until they had figured out he's a bad liar.

Chapter Four: Mural Ripping Mainiac

You know what, I understand why people want Purslow out. He lied about the transfer fee in public, which is bad. But honestly, between fact and fiction can only recall one thing for certain he's actually done wrong.

Since we got Hodgson in, all we've heard is scaremongering rumours about mural tearing, and playing being bought and sold being Hodgsons back, when in reality all these players wanted to leave anyway?

You know what? i'm absolutely pissed off with the tangent the campaign as gone off to. The club is still owned by yanks and getting screwed by the banks, whilst we're all playing with our dicks over rumours and scaremongering about Purslow. He's become almost a mythical entity, with the facts few and far in-between.

The sooner we realise that if we get rid of Purslow, we're going to have another rent a suit in, we're going to still be fucked, we're still going to be under debt, and to top it all off our best players still won't know what the fuck is going on.

The club is being set up in a position to be sold, that much is clear. Why the fuck are we attacking that set up and not going for the people who matter, the banks and the fucking yanks?

It's bullshit.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Purslow's gone, there'll be no debt.

Er, no.

Purslow's gone, the next guy won't be involved with managerial and player decisions.

Er, no.

Purslow's gone, he'll take the vermin with him.

Er, no.

Purslow's gone, the manager will be able to buy who he pleases.

Er, no.

He may be a cunt, he may not, I've no real way of knowing except on the words of some people who are still pissed off he saw off the last manager, a move that a lot of fans actually agreed with and that even Rafa himself had come to accept was the only logical outcome.

But it does all seem a bit like blaming Red Adair for the fire.

Guest TK-421

I'm fucking terrified!

I come on here and read stuff about Roy not being able to say whether Insua is sold or not. Fucking Insua! Not Torres, not Gerrard, but Emiliano Insua.

Am kind of past the point of caring about all that though, I just want the club sold.

Chapter One: Failed Investment

What is all this about failing to find investment. He found investment, Hicks didn't want it, what the fuck was he supposed to do?

Purslow: Tom, I've found investment £100 Million for 40%

Tom: Tell them to fuck off and I'm giving them 15%

Purslow(on phone to investor): 15% for £100 Million *Phone Click*

You see, what the fuck was he supposed to do. I'd imagine in some alternate reality we've got Purslow finding investment and still being called a cunt for it.

This, in particular, is a terrible argument. He would have been brought in to find investment within a set of fixed and reasonable parameters. If he could not have been guaranteed these, he shouldn't have taken the job on. 'Attracting' a hundred million isn't doing a good job if you're offering it for x% where x is an unreasonable amount. I would have thought his terms of negotiation would be pre-agreed with the owners.

It's pointless going into every reason people see Purslow as part of the problem because it's a long list and it's been done to death, but articles in the Mirror, falsifying SOS minutes (or just generally acting duplicitously over the whole thing) trying to buy VDV, twenty million net spend, 'no players will leave until we have a new coach' whilst negotiating to sell Insua and Benayoun, and he's now in control of transfers (as accepted by Roy).

It's just not a great C.V, is it?

What I really don't understand is why you feel the need to make a thread - given all of the above - defending him? He is, ultimately, a representative for a toxic regime. And it isn't as if people are just attacking Purslow, and saying "oh, once Purslow's gone things will be fine!" as some people seemed to feel about Rafa, often despite protestations to the contrary. Purslow is almost always targetted alongside the owners as representative of the chronic mismanagement of our club.

Even if you want to think the best of him in terms of the only rumoured misdeeds such as briefing Maddock and only admit the proven ones such as falsifying netspend or the SOS minutes, there's probably enough to go on that you shouldn't need to launch a staunch defense of his credentials. Since you seem intent on doing so, however, what do you feel he has brought to the job? How do you think that Christian Purslow has benefitted our club and justified his position as CEO?

I don't give a shit about Purslow, there I said it. I think for the past few months he's basically been victim of shit rumours, character assassinations and retrospective bullshit. Which has completely diverted the campaign to get the owners out.

That scenario sounds familiar.....

PS: good to see the Ant of YNWA fame back in full force.

He may be a cunt, he may not, I've no real way of knowing except on the words of some people who are still pissed off he saw off the last manager, a move that a lot of fans actually agreed with and that even Rafa himself had come to accept was the only logical outcome.

Care to explaint more, or have you got a link or a quote for that? Would appreciate it.

Cheers.

Do people genuinely believe the criticism of Purslow has solely sprung up as a result of Rafa being sacked?

It's a ridiculous assumption given the majority of people who don't trust Purslow have given every reason except that to justify it.

I think the defence of him is directly linked to that though, especially in the case of the threads originator.

Good egg is Purslow.

Guest simon

Her is a threat for ownership to the SOS thats why they attack him. Id bet my life on it. Where is Jeremy Kyle with that lie detyector test? My points would be 2 Bids turned down that were decent yes a rumour but what did sos do too make sure it was just a rumour? Nothing? Why wont they target banks? Because they dont want to burn a bridge that could help them big time. Again this is all opinions i bel;ieve make sense i know allot of other people feel the same just to scared to say. A private poll of Purslow or the SOS for ownership would be very interesting.