You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Galactico

The fact they turned down this offer of refinancing elsewhere should tell you that they want out of the club.

I also don't think the terms offered were attractive to Hicks and Gillett although i had heard rumours of that money been offered from Barclays is for finance for the new stadium for the new owners.

Hicks on one of his last interviews did state i think that they were selling the club with planning permission for a new stadium with financing.

They only have planning permission for a 61,000 stadium, and if it's the HKS one we'll basically have a three sided ground.

Unless of course our new owners fancy building at least one new carpark, a station from scratch at the bottom of Stanley Park Avenue South and in all likelihood electrifying approximately five miles of track. Not to mention even more transport works in the Anfield and surrounding areas.

Somehow I don't see that as likely sadly.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact they turned down this offer of refinancing elsewhere should tell you that they want out of the club.

I also don't think the terms offered were attractive to Hicks and Gillett although i had heard rumours of that money been offered from Barclays is for finance for the new stadium for the new owners.

Hicks on one of his last interviews did state i think that they were selling the club with planning permission for a new stadium with financing.

The offer of refinancing wasnt extended to the present owners by barclays..

Got talking to a taxi driver on way to woolton on saturday night,turns out he "knows somebody high up at the club"and he reckons announcement to be made on 15th july,but he was specific in naming the new owner,he said it is the brother of the fella who owns man city.watch this space.

Got talking to a taxi driver on way to woolton on saturday night,turns out he "knows somebody high up at the club"and he reckons announcement to be made on 15th july,but he was specific in naming the new owner,he said it is the brother of the fella who owns man city.watch this space.

Never mind all that bollocks, who the fuck is Cecil ?

First post so be gentle ppl. I know a rumour isn't the best way to start posting but apparently, Rick Parry was at the BBC on wednesday. Told a couple of people that NOBODY is interested in buying Liverpool at the moment and also he thinks Gerrard will leave.

whether rick still has the connections at Liverpool is questionable but it throws this first round of bids mid july nonsense into even more doubt for me.

I've heard this 15th of July thing myself. Is it not just an embelished version of the story that Koptalk "broke"?

It always made me laugh that it is said if bids are to be received it will not be in the media, however they made this announcement via the media.

The club also use the most high profile time ie when we appointed Hodgson as new manager to talk about the auction process and this mid July date.

They could have easily posted such information in more discrete manner if they so wished.

It is interesting since such information was made public via the media peoples opinions have since changed.

RBS can call for large repayment in October = Purslow's £100m target = sales at last minute of transfer window if/when no buyer appears ?

They couldn't count on that though mate as Torres and Gerrard could just say they are staying and that fucks up the plan.

If you believe rumours you'll be constantly confused.

Well to me its not a rumour per se- (To you it would be because you don't know me) I know the guy who spoke to Parry so Parry DID say what I've written. Just depends whether you think Parry would know to begin with?

Well to me its not a rumour per se- (To you it would be because you don't know me) I know the guy who spoke to Parry so Parry DID say what I've written. Just depends whether you think Parry would know to begin with?

ru·mor 

noun

1. a story or statement in general circulation without confirmation or certainty as to facts:

2. gossip; hearsay:

Your post fits this.

Sounds like the rumour from the original rumour.

I was in Woolton on Saturday night and you weren't there.

So that's the end of that one.

First post so be gentle ppl. I know a rumour isn't the best way to start posting but apparently, Rick Parry was at the BBC on wednesday. Told a couple of people that NOBODY is interested in buying Liverpool at the moment and also he thinks Gerrard will leave.

whether rick still has the connections at Liverpool is questionable but it throws this first round of bids mid july nonsense into even more doubt for me.

For a change then Parry is talking bollocks.

First post so be gentle ppl. I know a rumour isn't the best way to start posting but apparently, Rick Parry was at the BBC on wednesday. Told a couple of people that NOBODY is interested in buying Liverpool at the moment and also he thinks Gerrard will leave.whether rick still has the connections at Liverpool is questionable but it throws this first round of bids mid july nonsense into even more doubt for me.

Just to let people know this is total bollocks, Rick Parry never said this to anybody not last Wednesday not any day.

For a change then Parry is talking bollocks.

We'll see.

It looks to me, that press conference was just a shameless commercial for the sale of our club.

Look at our new (and improved!?) manager, new meek version, no trouble from this one. Look at our chairman, make your offers to this guy, he's a "real" business man, he won't reject your sensible offers, unlike those Americans who by the way "No longer have any input into the sale process" and also "can't block any sale", even though they own the club. Really. Honest. Don't Delay, make your bids today! This offer won't last forever! We're already expecting bids mid July and the club will probably be sold before the end of August! Act fast! Get your new club today!