You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cameron: "Cuts will change our way of life"

Section_31

I am perplexed by some of the comments on here and it is one of the reasons that I probably don't align myself with some of the more rabid comments from the left side of the argument.

I understand (and dislike) the way large multi-national corporations work. The strokes they will pull to minimise their tax exposure and overheads. It is the basic dishonesty of the approaches they adopt. Capitalist mega cunts that they are.

However, I know a woman who has recently started her own business (dog grooming) mainly because she was pissed off working for "the man" doing some shit job (albeit for half decent money) and the stress was getting to her. Business is going OK and she has taken someone on so she is now an employer.

As she owns 100% of the shares in this enterprise should I now treat her as a capitalist mega cunt also? My inclination is a resounding "no". If anyone agrees where do we draw the line and why?

I would say your missing the point a bit to be honest. Sounds a little arsey but not intended to be.

My mate is a self eemployed tiler. Looking to expand his business. I don't think anyone would begrudge anyone setting up their own business.

My own plan is to set up my own business, but at the moment it is too much of a risk to do so.

So fair play to your woman friend for taking thay leap and it working well.

I'm going to be honest and say I've had to report this. Regardless of the context, using that term (which got another user banned for a month not so long ago) is not acceptable.

Well spotted. I am ignoring the long posta by dennis becaueae they are nornally badly copy and pasted.

Dennis you tit.

Funnily enough, in the real world a racist term is a racist term Dennis. In your fighting fantasy headspace it might be ok.

The user that was banned for using it was using it in what he thought was a humourous way as well.

It wasnt meant in humour and I never said it was.

Anyway I'll defer judgement on the matter to Dave given its his site, you may be correct I may be banworthy and never to return and the site can carry on without blinking. You should join the BNP they enjoy the wisdom of small minds? Especially agenda driven ones who suck upto bully heros and try to vindicate them at every opportunity, its easier to do with me gone.

Faux moral outrage. Read what he said. Dennis is crazy but he's not a racist, casual or otherwise.

Its got nothing to do with faux moral outrage.

I don't give a fucking shit whether he's racist or not Rico. A racist term is a racist term, and if one user gets banned for it, so should anyone who uses it.

Dennis isn't a first time offender either. He just seems to get away with it because he's so mental its cool man.

It wasnt meant in humour and I never said it was.

Anyway I'll defer judgement on the matter to Dave given its his site, you may be correct I may be banworthy and never to return and the site can carry on without blinking. You should join the BNP they enjoy the wisdom of small minds? Especially agenda driven ones who suck upto bully heros and try to vindicate them at every opportunity, its easier to do with me gone.

I've got no agenda Dennis. I'm just tired of having to tell you what a huge fucking bellend you are.

• Upvote 2

I don't give a fucking shit whether he's racist or not Rico. A racist term is a racist term, and if one user gets banned for it, so should anyone who uses it.

Dennis isn't a first time offender either. He just seems to get away with it because he's so mental its cool man.

whOA! Dude wants to ban hiphop now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFu5KjUbQTM

Context is everything, we aren't they FA.

He said "what they refer to as Paki shops" that's what they were known as, for years and still are. It's not right but it's true. He even showed his disdain for the phrase by showing itwas a lazy generalisation. Maybe you missed that because by your own admission you skim read it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Context is everything, we aren't they FA.

He said "what they refer to as Paki shops" that's what they were known as, for years and still are. It's not right but it's true. He even showed his disdain for the phrase by showing itwas a lazy generalisation. Maybe you missed that because by your own admission you skim read it.

Didn't miss a thing Rico.

Up until a few years ago the posties could finish early but the started work pretty early too. They were allowed to start their rounds as soon as they clocked in but in the last few years they are forced to hang about in the sorting office until around 8 oclock, previously they could be on their rounds for about 6am but now you wait all day to get your post simply for the sake of not allowing workers to get an early dart and to prevent overtime payments. This has now made the consumer slag off the postal workers who were prevented from giving the consumer the service they wanted because management/government wanted an excuse to make the service look bad and 'inefficient' and prime it for privatisation.

In terms of the shares, all that happens is that small investors are allowed small blocks of shares initially knowing full well that they will be sold off quickly for a telly/clothes/holida/car/house redecoration(delete as appropriate) and end up almost entirely in the hands of the same wealthy shareholders who own everything else in this country and the world over.

It happened in exactly the same way with water, telecom, lecky, gas etc and is just a renewal of the same Thatcherite policies from 30 years ago. To be fair back then at least people were incensed about it, unlike now were it hardly registers a ripple in the sea of everyday life.

Sent from Beyond The Grave Using a Die Phone

• Upvote 1

I would say your missing the point a bit to be honest. Sounds a little arsey but not intended to be.

My mate is a self eemployed tiler. Looking to expand his business. I don't think anyone would begrudge anyone setting up their own business.

My own plan is to set up my own business, but at the moment it is too much of a risk to do so.

So fair play to your woman friend for taking thay leap and it working well.

I agree Skid but the point I am clumsily trying to get to is where does the line get crossed. For example, Sir John Moores built a huge fortune on the back of his local workforce. However he is revered by many in Liverpool and considered one of Liverpools greatest sons. The organisation is now owned by Fred and Dave Barclay who live on their own little island near France. The Barclay brothers are not held in the same high regard as Sir John. Legally Littlewoods and the dog grooming shop have the same standing in that they are limited companies with all the shares held privately. Do we have good capitalists and bad capitalists? Is size important - Mrs Razor thinks so, or so she keeps telling me?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Dennis, regardless of what context it was or wasn't intended, it has been deemed offensive by more than just one person.  This isn't the first time I've had complaints about you either, you were throwing around the word 'yid' not so long ago too and I had complaints about that and deleted some posts (yours and some quoting you).

Consider this a final warning, if there's any more instances of this kind, it's a permanent ban.  Context won't come into it, I've given you the benefit of the doubt on this one but it won't happen again.

I agree Skid but the point I am clumsily trying to get to is where does the line get crossed. For example, Sir John Moores built a huge fortune on the back of his local workforce. However he is revered by many in Liverpool and considered one of Liverpools greatest sons. The organisation is now owned by Fred and Dave Barclay who live on their own little island near France. The Barclay brothers are not held in the same high regard as Sir John. Legally Littlewoods and the dog grooming shop have the same standing in that they are limited companies with all the shares held privately. Do we have good capitalists and bad capitalists? Is size important - Mrs Razor thinks so, or so she keeps telling me?

The Barclay brothers will probably never give anything back to the city like the Moores family did.

Littlewoods has been sold off I believe and the once iconic building now stands empty on Edge Lane. Wiaitng to be knocked down. Or at least I heard that was the plan.

What your friend is doing is a respctable form of capitalism. Not fleecing the country out of tax it owes, fleecing her customers and actually probably providing a service that matches the cost a customer will be paying.

Dennis, regardless of what context it was or wasn't intended, it has been deemed offensive by more than just one person.  This isn't the first time I've had complaints about you either, you were throwing around the word 'yid' not so long ago too and I had complaints about that and deleted some posts (yours and some quoting you).

Consider this a final warning, if there's any more instances of this kind, it's a permanent ban.  Context won't come into it, I've given you the benefit of the doubt on this one but it won't happen again.

Ive already said, I will defer judgement, Ive provided my explanation. .