You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cameron: "Cuts will change our way of life"

Section_31

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I wonder if they'd allow him to set the economic policy, or whether he'd be given just enough rope to hang himself.

I wonder if they'd allow him to set the economic policy, or whether he'd be given just enough rope to hang himself.

The governments policy of cutting the state and blaming Labour for all the misery, whilst secretly giving large chunks away to their rich mates means that Gideon is the only man who will be let near no 11. I reckon Cameron isn't interested in being re-elected - he just wants to reap permanent damage in the next 3 years that will mean his chronies will be quids in for life. The mess that this lot will leave will be unrepairable.

You get the impression that Cameron doesn't actually like Politics, by that I mean the nitty gritty of what constitutes being an elected politician and the process involved from planning to implementation.

I get the impression that he just fancied being the Prime Minister, being a Tory was a given, so yes One would like to be a Prime Minister. The ugly, snide, bullying Cameron has been pretty evident this past year, so after just one year in power his mask has slipped.

You get the impression that Cameron doesn't actually like Politics, by that I mean the nitty gritty of what constitutes being an elected politician and the process involved from planning to implementation.

I get the impression that he just fancied being the Prime Minister, being a Tory was a given, so yes One would like to be a Prime Minister. The ugly, snide, bullying Cameron has been pretty evident this past year, so after just one year in power his mask has slipped.

He made a comment in PMQs about his party backing the workers, and Labour backing the shirkers. From a man whose father made £30 million from hiding money tax free in Panama and has less real work experience than a girl scout.

I though cabinet posts were divvied up between the tories and libs rather than the best person for the post being given it.

I can't wait for the day I'm made pilot of a passenger jet despite having no clue or experience in flying, the difference being Osbourne's jet is carrying the population the twat.

The governments policy of cutting the state and blaming Labour for all the misery, whilst secretly giving large chunks away to their rich mates means that Gideon is the only man who will be let near no 11. I reckon Cameron isn't interested in being re-elected - he just wants to reap permanent damage in the next 3 years that will mean his chronies will be quids in for life. The mess that this lot will leave will be unrepairable.

It's a point I heard someone make that got me thinking - that the Tories are hellbent on cutting as much of the state (and the NHS in particular) as possible. It might make them unpopular to the point of being unelectable for a few terms, but what's shed would never come back and at least wouldn't be a problem the next time they're in power. I certainly agree that their austerity agenda is 95% ideology and 5% necessity.

It's all going to be okay. The government is tapping into top experts in public policy to address the major issues of our time:

In other news:

The PM is to meet David Beckham at Downing Street later to discuss how to tackle world hunger.

My brain hurts just trying to think about how that conversation might have gone...

It's all going to be okay. The government is tapping into top experts in public policy to address the major issues of our time:

My brain hurts just trying to think about how that conversation might have gone...

Haha fucking quality.

In all fairness, Beckham's wife is an expert in starving herself! Surely they are transferable skills.

I don't see the problem Dave, Victoria often goes days without eating, they just need to develop a bit of stamina, she eats far less than your average African and I don't see her asking for help!

I'm afraid my imagination isn't nearly active enough to have made up a story like that. On reflection, though, I imagine the meeting might have gone something like this:

DC: Well, David -- can I call you David? Thanks -- what can we do about the hunger of the world's poor?

DB: Um. Well. I had a curry last night. It was at this Indian place, but it was pretty good. Have they tried going there?

DC: Fantastic. Problem solved. I knew we had the right man for the job... Can we do the photos now?

How come you don't need qualifications to teach at an academy or free school but I can't get onto a PGCE with a third?!? One would think the Tories haven't thought the education system through.

I guess if you've been committed enough to the box-ticking facade that is our higher education system to attain higher than a third class degree, then the powers that be probably figure you'll be happy to do it all over again for a PGCE.

As opposed to those of us with thirds, who are - literally - too cool for school 8)

Of course, you can already teach privately without qualifications. Harrow and Eton know...