You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cameron: "Cuts will change our way of life"

Section_31

It's the turning off of street lights that freaks me out the most, talk about symbolism. I was driving down the expressway in Runcorn in the pouring rain on Friday night and the lights are all off and I was like 'hang on, I can't actually see.'

Bankers' bonuses flowing mind.

I used to work for the Highways Agency. They were trialling turning off lights around the time I left. The savings were potentially significant (more carbon footprint than financial) but there were a lot of unspoken concerns about accidents. If and when there's a fatality proving lights being turned off being a contributory factor there'll be hell on. They know this but they're carrying on with the policy anyway.

Dick - what are you actually contributing to this conversation / thread / forum / web site? That's right, the sum of fuck all. Waste of fresh air.

I used to work for the Highways Agency. They were trialling turning off lights around the time I left. The savings were potentially significant (more carbon footprint than financial) but there were a lot of unspoken concerns about accidents. If and when there's a fatality proving lights being turned off being a contributory factor there'll be hell on. They know this but they're carrying on with the policy anyway.

Dick - what are you actually contributing to this conversation / thread / forum / web site? That's right, the sum of fuck all. Waste of fresh air.

What are you contributing by moaning and being a arsewipe about a couple of working lads getting a bit overtime.

Dont forget to wash your Nets in fairy Dot Cotton.

Of all the things to moan about, honestly.

What - councils potentially wasting financial resource on pointless tasks in austere conditions and then waiting for them to moan about cuts to things that actually make a difference? Yeah, fancy mentioning about that on a thread about cuts. What I should be doing is trolling some random bloke about on a web site like you and dick wad over there. Pair of fucking space cadets.

What - councils potentially wasting financial resource pointless tasks in austere conditions and then waiting for them to moan about cuts to things that actually make a difference? Yeah, fancy mentioning about that on a thread about cuts. What I should be doing is trolling some random bloke about on a web site like you and dick wad over there. Pair of fucking space cadets.

Disagreeing with you isn't trolling, no matter how often you say it is, get over yourself. And for the record, moaning about cleaners on a bank holiday is pretty small beans, especially when you are entirely ignorant as to their contract.

If you'd read anything properly you'd have noticed I mentioned finding out the facts. I was merely raising the point.

Jesus christ you're an arsewipe. At least Citizen Dickwad is a thick, hamfisted, illiterate fucktard. What's your excuse? You clearly don't like me - put me on ignore you tit.

It's the turning off of street lights that freaks me out the most, talk about symbolism. I was driving down the expressway in Runcorn in the pouring rain on Friday night and the lights are all off and I was like 'hang on, I can't actually see.'

Bankers' bonuses flowing mind.

I'd have thought not being able to see Runcorn was a good thing.

If you'd read anything properly you'd have noticed I mentioned finding out the facts. I was merely raising the point.

Jesus christ you're an arsewipe. At least Citizen Dickwad is a thick, hamfisted, illiterate fucktard. What's your excuse? You clearly don't like me - put me on ignore you tit.

Less of the compliments its getting quiet embarrissing - no genuine fella would want to write to there MP about a waste of Council money and lads working overtime, no one would even consider it apart from you.

Your always the victim when someone takes you to task and you start with the old your picking on me line, well grow up and stop Curtain twitching and blowing people up you might feel a lot better you know.

I'd have thought not being able to see Runcorn was a good thing.

It's like turning the lights down in a dingy pub so you can't tell what the bird you're chatting up looks like. The tourism people probably suggested it.

I like being able to see where I'm driving though, it's a death thing.

Less of the compliments its getting quiet embarrissing - no genuine fella would want to write to there MP about a waste of Council money and lads working overtime, no one would even consider it apart from you.

Your always the victim when someone takes you to task and you start with the old your picking on me line, well grow up and stop Curtain twitching and blowing people up you might feel a lot better you know.

You didn't "take me to task" though did you. You bumbled into the thread with your usual levels of finesse and intellect and started throwing insults around.

I'm not claiming to be a "victim" either you witless old twat. I've simply attracted yet another couple of cranks in you and that other prick. My original view sticks, about councils paying unnecessary overtime for menial and seemingly pointless tasks and then complaining about cuts come the next financial year.

As for "a couple of lads earning a bit of overtime" - take your militant unionised specs off for a second and consider the fact that a lot of people have lost their jobs because of cuts. Is it ok for some to earn overtime whilst others have no jobs at all? Try extrapolating the cost of overtime across an entire borough or city council. How many jobs is that worth?

What an egotistical windbag you are. You're still trying to make out that a few people working on a bank holiday is costing other people (presumably more worthy people) jobs. You're also still doing it without any knowledge of what you're talking about, ostensibly to shake your pudgy fist at an imaginary, strawman union leader who has finagled some easy money for his lads while chomping on a fat cigar underneath a picture of Marx.

You're full of shit here RL.

You didn't "take me to task" though did you. You bumbled into the thread with your usual levels of finesse and intellect and started throwing insults around.

I'm not claiming to be a "victim" either you witless old twat. I've simply attracted yet another couple of cranks in you and that other prick. My original view sticks, about councils paying unnecessary overtime for menial and seemingly pointless tasks and then complaining about cuts come the next financial year.

As for "a couple of lads earning a bit of overtime" - take your militant unionised specs off for a second and consider the fact that a lot of people have lost their jobs because of cuts. Is it ok for some to earn overtime whilst others have no jobs at all? Try extrapolating the cost of overtime across an entire borough or city council. How many jobs is that worth?

A Tory voting ballbag like you has cost more jobs than anyone.

I will let you have the last word in case you piss the bed tonight but before you reply you are a - Grassing Tory woolieback shithouse - hope that clears things up.

Keep the Red Flag flying.

What an egotistical windbag you are. You're still trying to make out that a few people working on a bank holiday is costing other people (presumably more worthy people) jobs. You're also still doing it without any knowledge of what you're talking about, ostensibly to shake your pudgy fist at an imaginary, strawman union leader who has finagled some easy money for his lads while chomping on a fat cigar underneath a picture of Marx.

You're full of shit here RL.

I've voiced an opinion on something I saw happen in a thread that's debating all kinds of aspects of the cuts we're all witnessing. I'm not really sure how that makes me 'full of shit' exactly.

You really should find more use of your time than following me round an internet forum to hurl insults. It's pretty pathetic really. Grow up.

I've voiced an opinion on something I saw happen in a thread that's debating all kinds of aspects of the cuts we're all witnessing. I'm not really sure how that makes me 'full of shit' exactly.

You really should find more use of your time than following me round an internet forum to hurl insults. It's pretty pathetic really. Grow up.

You keep mentioning my name, tubs, you're the stalker. If you're so concerned about what I called you, and refuse to discuss with you, go to the law, i've all I need.

I would take the lefter-than-thou mob who are hammering Lurtz for his innocent observation a bit more seriously if any of them had contributed to the upkeep of the forum. Or maybe they believe community is something other people pay for, who knows.