You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Next Manager - The Poll

Guest TK-421

Who should it be?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Who should it be?

• Jose Mourinho
    • Guus Hiddink
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Josep "Pep" Guardiola
    • Other

Guest TK-421
Haven't read through, but whats with the Mourinho votes?

I thought there would be loads more for him as well. It's surprising to see Guus in the lead at this advanced stage of the vote.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TK-421
Oh, it's a piss take? Hilarious.

Steve Ogrisovic

Piss-take? How dare you!

I'm more of a Bart-Williams man than an Ogg-head.

Haven't read through, but whats with the Mourinho votes?

Because Mourinho will crawl across broken glass for the Liverpool job, dontcha know?

He loves a challenge, and will happily fuck Madrid off to come here now he knows it's available. I mean, the challenge of a club with almost zero transfer budget, or a team of galacticos with a board falling over themselves to shell out for more - it's obvious a man who loves the big challenges will take the most difficult one, as opposed to the one where the odds are stacked in his favour. Right Jose? Jose? Jose?

I thought there would be loads more for him as well. It's surprising to see Guus in the lead at this advanced stage of the vote.

It's a poor set of limited options to be fair.

Why the fucking hell on earth did Mourinho get put in there?

Fucking mentalist who did that, he'd better loan me the money for a sub so I can neg him or bitch-might be a lady.

It's very noticeable how 'Pep' is refusing to confirm or deny - his silence speaks volumes. Obviously he has a lot of work to do to extract himself from his Barca contract but I feel the pull of the job with us will ultimately be too much to resist. A few of his key players are looking unsettled and willing to follow him. I think MON is a convenient distraction to divert attention from behind-the-scenes negotiation. C & A have clearly been stung by the criticism and a lot of us will have egg on our faces should they come in with a massive investment. Clearly they weren't prepared to make major funding available to Rafa but that could all change. The new stadium plans would be the icing on the cake and likely to trump Barca's bid to keep hold of Pep. May be that a deal could be concluded as early as Tuesday.

Guest TK-421
It's very noticeable how 'Pep' is refusing to confirm or deny - his silence speaks volumes.

You're right, good buddy. We need more Pep talk.

It's very noticeable how 'Pep' is refusing to confirm or deny - his silence speaks volumes. Obviously he has a lot of work to do to extract himself from his Barca contract but I feel the pull of the job with us will ultimately be too much to resist. A few of his key players are looking unsettled and willing to follow him.

Well if you can't get Mascherano to Barca, then maybe you can bring Barca to Mascherano!

Guest TK-421
I haven't read this thread through, on the basis that it was started by TK421 the toilet droid.

But if Kenny wont take it, I recommend giving the job to our greatest ever player. Xabi Alonso. Or Benayoun if Rafa had stayed.

How man, button your lip and make me some fine veggie curry forthwith.

Guest TK-421
How man. How are the Sub Pop sales ganning? I noticed you had a few choice items up.

Ah, you have been looking yeah? Some of them sell, some of them don't! I don't want to let any go cheap and have no real need to sell. I certainly won't sell any of the gems I got from you. I'm mostly selling duplicates of what I already have.

I sold a Codeine one and a couple of Afghan Whigs ones today for profit. I set the prices so that if they sell I get a profit, if not they're re-listed a few weeks later. I always try and include a couple of tasty items to lure people in and check out the rest of my auctions, so there's a peach marble Sliver on at the moment for that purpose.

The other day I bought a Mother Love Bone test press of Shangri La for 20 quid. The guy selling it not only misspelled "test press" but also "Pearl Jam", so nobody bid except me. I had been watching that one for weeks. That one will sell for a fair bit more, I reckon. I've been busy buying other stuff too, and will continue to trade and earn a few quid. It's totally addictive.

I've branched out into test pressings a bit more (non Sub Pop) as there's definitely money to be made on them. Not massive amounts, but if you do it enough it all adds up.

My best success was buying a Shins record for $30 and selling it for $60 two weeks later. Swell.

None of them listed will come here.

Roy Hodgson anyone?

Since he's on Kenny's shortlist, ofc he has to be considered - I don't have a problem with that.

We defo need an English manager. Someone who understands the English game, but with European experience. Someone who has respect in the dressing room & someone who doesn't need a billion quid transfer budget.

Hodgeson fits the bill.

Ah, you have been looking yeah? Some of them sell, some of them don't! I don't want to let any go cheap and have no real need to sell. I certainly won't sell any of the gems I got from you. I'm mostly selling duplicates of what I already have.

I sold a Codeine one and a couple of Afghan Whigs ones today for profit. I set the prices so that if they sell I get a profit, if not they're re-listed a few weeks later. I always try and include a couple of tasty items to lure people in and check out the rest of my auctions, so there's a peach marble Sliver on at the moment for that purpose.

The other day I bought a Mother Love Bone test press of Shangri La for 20 quid. The guy selling it not only misspelled "test press" but also "Pearl Jam", so nobody bid except me. I had been watching that one for weeks. That one will sell for a fair bit more, I reckon. I've been busy buying other stuff too, and will continue to trade and earn a few quid. It's totally addictive.

I've branched out into test pressings a bit more (non Sub Pop) as there's definitely money to be made on them. Not massive amounts, but if you do it enough it all adds up.

My best success was buying a Shins record for $30 and selling it for $60 two weeks later. Swell.

PM me a link to your stuff my good fellow.