You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New left back

Cantrell20

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Riise can also play CB, LM and CM and for that versitality alone he would be extremely useful for us.

After Totti and De Rossi he is the most popular player at Roma, he scored 5 goals in 36 games in Serie A this season and 2 in 8 games in the Europa league.

I thought it was a bad decision to sell him when we did and our performances from the LB have gone downhill since, we never hardly conceded from the back left post when Riise played as he was a great header of the ball and opposed to those we have seen there the last two seasons he had a habit of getting on the right side of the attacking player.

What a Bellend you are!

Mexico's Salcido, who plays in PSV, was good today, in my opinion. Was a bit trigger happy shooting from everywhere, but was quite good none the less.

I really like him but I reckon his price would easily be £10M+ after the WC. If we get new owners and some money (wishful thinking, I know) then i'd definitely go after him.

John what has Code said there which is so bad? He is right. Riise would improve us infinitely right now.

I agreed with the decision to sell him at the time but as long as we brought equal or better in, it hasn't happened and we have missed him. I would love him back here if I am honest.

John what has Code said there which is so bad? He is right. Riise would improve us infinitely right now.

I agreed with the decision to sell him at the time but as long as we brought equal or better in, it hasn't happened and we have missed him. I would love him back here if I am honest.

We have a winner.

Code can be the bell,you can be the "town halls"

There's no point signing any riff raff though just because they're "better than what we already have" when signing players for Liverpool I expect more than "He's better than Insua anyway"

No, but it is the position where we can upgrade for the least amount of money, because quite frankly, our LB is not up to much. I hate to quote Hermes, but I will on this occasion. Upgrade the worst or 2 worst positions each year and our worst position is LB. That way we make our team better.

Neither Riise or Warnock were good enough that's why we got rid of both, the only problem is Aurelio apart who is made of jelly, everyone else we've had play that position hasn't been good enough either.

Riise was good enough I felt mate but he just stagnated here in his last year or so and a fresh challenge was needed for him. You don't stay at Liverpool for 7 years and not be good enough. Very rare for a foreign player to stay at a club for that long. Only Sami and Didi could match him for that here.

We have missed him more since he has left because of what has replaced him since.

I would have thought that Insua will stay, as he's a home grown player now (I believe anyway).

Salcido and Figueroa would be top of my list. The biggest issue is that they have to be defenders first and foremost. Which rules out Bastos. Awful defensively.