You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New left back

Cantrell20

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My limited knowledge of him extends to him playing for the Uruguayan Liverpool side.

Can't be a bad thing, can it?

So someone has been here already! My heads been fucked since I saw where he started out as I had no idea at all and have been impressed with him. Agreed anyway Ian and Juan, would love to see him here.

He'll be missed against Holland later aswell.

I would agree with Salcido, been very solid. And if we were looking for a centre back Diego Lugano of Uruguay as been immense.

Lugano was available on a free last summer... but he resigned in Turkey. I remember him having a huge reputation before he joined Fenerbahce, and everyone expected him to end up in Spain in a bigger club, but then he signed in turkey and it was a major coup for them.

There are few lads on here who seem to rate him, but personally, every time I've seen him, he reminded me of good old Djimi Traore!

Did you really just use the words 'good' and 'Traore' in the same sentence?

Must have been a mistake.

40487029traore300.jpg

Figueroa seems a solid full back, which is what we need/can afford. Seems a physical player, which we could do with as well. I'd be happy enough with him for £6m. Not many affordable alternatives out there.

Would anyone take Heinze for a year or two?

Think he only has one year left on his contract, might piss off United as well... although I haven't seen enough of him lately to know whether he has the 'legs' for the Premiership anymore.

Would anyone take Heinze for a year or two?

Think he only has one year left on his contract, might piss off United as well... although I haven't seen enough of him lately to know whether he has the 'legs' for the Premiership anymore.

Ha ha .

He makes Insua look fast.

Depends really you can be a passenger in teams like Park Ji Sung and win shitloads. People will just look back on his trophy count and say he was a great player when he wasn't a bit like LFD saying Heinze was a top player.

I've no great desire to defend Man Utd players. I don't think anyone would claim Park Ji Sung is a world beater but he's a reliable squad player for them and has contributed to their recent success.

We had players like that in our heyday, as do all winning teams.

Hasn't Anderson won 3 PL titles, and a champions League? Does it make him better than Gerrard?

What sort of retarded point are you trying to make there?

I've no great desire to defend Man Utd players. I don't think anyone would claim Park Ji Sung is a world beater but he's a reliable squad player for them and has contributed to their recent success.

We had players like that in our heyday, as do all winning teams.

What sort of retarded point are you trying to make there?

Don't judge a player on their medals.

Fiorentina hope to conclude a £3.7million deal for Liverpool Emiliano Insua following Roy Hodgson's appointment as Rafa Benitez's replacement at Anfield.

The Italians looked close to a deal last month but were told to wait for the Reds new manager to be appointed.

Fabio Aurelio and Andrea Dossena have already left the Merseysiders, but Hodgson is likely to let go of fellow left back Insua if he can secure a replacement.

The former Fulham manager has identified Wigan Athletic's Maynor Figueroa as the perfect candidate and is ready to battle Sunderland for the £6million-rated Honduras international.

Insua, 21, has struggled to impress at Liverpool since a 2007 move from Boca Juniors and did not look up to the rigours of Barclays Premier League football last season.

Insua closes in on Fiorentina switch - Liverpool FC

How do well feel about it?