You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New left back

Cantrell20

Why? As long as you defend them people could cross all day long without any effect, something we sadly witnessed when we had Jermaine Pennant in our team.

That's gotta be the single most insane argument I've ever seen. If you follow this ridiculous train of thought, you don't need centre backs to clear crosses either; you just need a keeper to collect them.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's gotta be the single most insane argument I've ever seen. If you follow this ridiculous train of thought, you don't need centre backs to clear crosses either; you just need a keeper to collect them.

I cant see how you would reach such a conclusion.

If it doesn't matter about stopping crosses coming in then surely we already have the worlds best left back in Insua.

Not stopping crosses is his speciality.

Insua cant defend them when they come in either and for me thats more of a problem, mainly because he is about 3-4 yards out of position and he has let the attacking player get goalside of him.

Of course having Jonhson at the back right post does not help much either.

Code is pissed and obviously teetering on the boundary between a personality disorder and something more clinical.

I think you need to pick on someone your own size if your pathetic effort of being a smart arse shoudl ahve any effect, you are the weakest link goodbye.

Riise can also play CB, LM and CM and for that versitality alone he would be extremely useful for us.

After Totti and De Rossi he is the most popular player at Roma, he scored 5 goals in 36 games in Serie A this season and 2 in 8 games in the Europa league.

I thought it was a bad decision to sell him when we did and our performances from the LB have gone downhill since, we never hardly conceded from the back left post when Riise played as he was a great header of the ball and opposed to those we have seen there the last two seasons he had a habit of getting on the right side of the attacking player.

No, he can't. He also can't play left full either.

Aly Cissokho's a great shout, but hard to tell if we'd have the money before players have left/Rafa's been told he's got money to spend.

If not, Antonio Lopez would do a solid job. Never rated Capdevila. You know who would be ace? Filipe Luis at Deportivo. Brilliant.

Aly Cissokho's a great shout, but hard to tell if we'd have the money before players have left/Rafa's been told he's got money to spend.

If not, Antonio Lopez would do a solid job. Never rated Capdevila. You know who would be ace? Filipe Luis at Deportivo. Brilliant.

He's quality. Shame he broke his leg. Was around February there, wasn't it?

Guest PurpleNose
Baines was very good at being shit last night.

Exceptional infact.

Baines, Walcott and Defoe proved, quite conclusively, that none of them are even remotely close to being good enough at that level.

Guest PurpleNose
Yeah, Liverpool will be fucked when we enter the world cup in four years. Shame we didn't qualify.

Champions League is the highest club level, and they're not good enough for that either.

Or are you happy finishing 7th every season? Signing players to reflect it.

Guest PurpleNose
I've got news for you, we wont be buying any class left backs so if you think Baines is shite wait till you see who we end up with.

A better, cheaper one. Like Capdevila.