You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Recommend Me A Mobile Phone

Woo

I have around three months to run on my existing contract, but as of next week I can upgrade my phone with orange. I foolishly plumped for the Sony (Sven Goran) Ericsson X1 last January, and it was a massive disappointment, and broke on me last month. Wish I'd have got an iphone back then.

So, any of you cool techy cats know of any quality phones becoming available before mine is up, or any good ones out now? Any good pay monthly offers? Or is it worth getting the iphone? Is it worth getting an 8 or 16gb one? What would you recommend? Any helpful advice will be rewarded with rep.

I'm definitely not getting a blackberry though, as unless you use it for business, you're a fucking ponce.

Cheers ears.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I've only had mine since August, like.

There's an OS update coming in May which will upgrade it to Android 2.1 and probably (hopefully) make it better.

You're asking the wrong people, anyway. Get onto Smithy on Facebook and ask him.

HTC Desire has just come out. Very good phone

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vfXrqa0UwY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vfXrqa0UwY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

That looks awesome. Have you got it mate?

No my brother sent his Iphone back (recently bought) when I told him about this. I should get a demo this weekend when I go round.

Can't get my upgrade until May 16th. I currently have the G1. My colleague bought the hero a few months back and this is supposed to be better. This will be my next phone.

I have read about being able to upgrade my G1 to 2.1 android but there's no point for a month.

PS this, nexus and hero are all very similar. But according to most reviews this beats the competitors. Some IPhone enthusiasts have declared that they will switch to this phone but i've never had one so I can't compare. :whistle: What I do know though is that Android is a fantastic mobile o/s and there are litterally thousands of apps available with a good proportion free. You can download to your pc and transfer if you don't want to do it wireless or through 3g. I think that this may also play HD video but I am not entirely sure. Need to find out for sure this weekend.

Did you speak to Chris, Alex?

I've not had a chance to message him yet. Will do it later on tonight.

Well you wouldn't listen would you.

The disappointment was definitely worth it, just to spite you.

I also had a Sony Errickson X1 and it was the worse most unresponsive phone I have ever had.

I have now done the deed and switched to the I Phone and I think its fantastic.

Only problem with Iphones is the internet charges a bomb if you are not on the right deal.

Think the two frontrunners are the HTC desire and the iphone. Despite the fact that they've fucked me over, that Xperia X10 looks fucking sublime. Doubt I'll consider that though.

You can't call iphones gay when HTC give their phones names like 'hero' and 'desire'.

Get an iPhone, just do it, they are awesome. I also have a mobile me account which works amazing with it. I basically sold my soul to Apple which I know divides nations on the TNF.

My major beef with the iPhone is that you cant multitask (if you keep it pure and don't jailbreak) but hoping that issue is resolved when the new OS comes out.

Get an iPhone, just do it, they are awesome. I also have a mobile me account which works amazing with it. I basically sold my soul to Apple which I know divides nations on the TNF.

My major beef with the iPhone is that you cant multitask (if you keep it pure and don't jailbreak) but hoping that issue is resolved when the new OS comes out.

The next Software update deals with the issue of multi-tasking, so that's nice. I think they're adding sat-nav too.

You literally can't go wrong with an iPhone. I heartily recommend them. However, that HTC does look good, and I like the Google phone too (also HTC I think). Although these other handsets lack the usability of the iPhone. They're over-complicated.

My brother works for Google, and so has had the Nexus One for about five months. He absolutely loves it. The screen is amazing, though I still think the iPhone is a more intuitive experience than any other phone. I just really hope the multi tasking update works well..