You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Can we sack Benitez now

Antynwa

He has to get sacked sometime between now and June. Terrible tactics today. He reverted to type and it was shocking.

RobbieOR, make up your mind on Rafa. You don't know if you are coming or going.

Cain I fuckin love you but the tatics today? they wern't that different from last seasons 4-1. Last season 2 goals were long balls, one was a free-kick and the other was a pen.

(i've just typed the biggest anti-Rafa-post ever! shit!)

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're in for a big shock if we get a new manager. He's going to have to work with Benitez's shite as there will be no money to spend.

Of course a new manager will have money to spend.

He will also have a fair share of money when he move on the Rafa flops.

The team we have should, on paper, be be better than our current league position. We need someone who can make pour players believe in themselves again. I don't think its worth sacking Rafa now, but if he can't turn this around (and I don't think he can), then he should be replaced at the end of the season.

You're too stupid to live, Cardie. Neither of those two statements contradict themselves.

Either they're shit or they aren't, if they are then a new manager does need to clear them out, if they aren't then he doesn't. You've swung from one side to the other in the past ten hours.

Either they're shit or they aren't, if they are then a new manager does need to clear them out, if they aren't then he doesn't. You've swung from one side to the other in the past ten hours.

I'm not quite sure how to explain this in mong-speak, so you can understand, so I'll just try to keep things simple.

The players are good enough to beat most of the dross in the league, without a problem, however, the manager has fucked their mentality with his negative shitty mentality consistently chipping away at their confidence.

A new manager can use the summer to rebuild that winning mentality in the players that are good enough to stay.

Now, did you understand that? Or should I go buy some crayons, draw a picture, and upload it for you?

I'm not quite sure how to explain this in mong-speak, so you can understand, so I'll just try to keep things simple.

The players are good enough to beat most of the dross in the league, without a problem, however, the manager has fucked their mentality with his negative shitty mentality consistently chipping away at their confidence.

A new manager can use the summer to rebuild that winning mentality in the players that are good enough to stay.

Now, did you understand that? Or should I go buy some crayons, draw a picture, and upload it for you?

Even if you were contradictory (which you weren't), at least you have your own opinions and don't just go against the grain for the fun of it.

Yes he needs to go.

It looks highly unlikely we will come in the top four, it is looking 6th or 7th and that is not good enough with the players we have.

We've got the best striker in the league, the most complete player in the world, the best defensive midfielder, the best keeper and the best right back (certainly last season) and numerous other Internationals.

We were out of the title by October - not good enough.

We were knocked out of the Champls League in the group stages - not good enough.

Knocked out of the LEague and FA Cup early on - not good enough.

We are poor at defending set plays, not threatening at corners, have attacking wide players who are better at defending in Kuyt and Maxi, as shown today. He plays with two defensive midfielders in any types of games, even against the weaker teams in this league and it has cost us numerous points this season. He is cautious with his approach, he is like a dementor in Harry Potter, sucking the life out of all our players and robotising them all and making them worrying about stopping the opposition and their defensive positions, rather than making Babel, Gerrard, Torres, Benayoun etc concentrating on hurting the opposition with their movement, pace, skill and general ability.

So apart from his poor team selections, poor subs, poor coaching at set plays, the fact we are not threatening at corners, playing two defensive centre midfielders in most games, are generally cautious with our approach to games, the results are poor - I don't see how anyone can argue how he should remain as our manager.

He's accountable as this is his squad, his players, his background staff, his tactics etc...

Sorry Rafa, but you might have asked for a table and they brought you a lamp, well we asked for a title challenge and you have brought us no hope that you are capable of delivering that anytime in the near future.

Yeah, but he'll have a whole summer to turn the team's mentality from a bunch of whimpering cowards into a unit that thinks they can actually win games.

I'm sure the new manager will get most of the Mascherano and Torres money to spend on new players. I bet you Benitez will put in a bid for Kuyt when he's hired elsewhere, too.

Did you see the game today? Do you actually think we went into that game thinking we couldn't win?

Even if you were contradictory (which you weren't), at least you have your own opinions and don't just go against the grain for the fun of it.

Where's that cavalry Jpeg gone....

Seriously though the only people I'm going against the grain with tend to be the whining crying girls who scream and shout after a defeat and then when we win sit and stew.

I've given my opinion, you don't like it, that's up to you, I really don't care. The other option is I start wailing like a banshee and fall in line with you and your little group to make you feel better.

How big a cretin do you want to show yourself to be?

6 years of watching benitez, probably more years of going the game than your age.

Why "probably"? What's your empirical data which forms the basis of your presumption?

I'm 102. Now who's the cretin?

But if they're Flops in the Prem - who will buy them and how much do you reckon they'll pay for them?

Hopefully Rafa will buy them for his next job since he value them so high, not long ago he said Lucas would not be sold for any less than £16M.

He value Aquilani on £30M and who knows what he thinks of Kuyt and Insua, probably at least £20M and £8M would be my guess.

Hopefully Rafa will buy them for his next job since he value them so high, not long ago he said Lucas would not be sold for any less than £16M.

He value Aquilani on £30M and who knows what he thinks of Kuyt and Insua, probably at least £10M and £20M would be my guess.

Manager in "Bigging up his players" shocker!

And what if Benitez simply decides to sit back and enjoy the £16 Mill in his bank account - who'll buy them then and for how much?