You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Skrtel

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

Very ordinary defender and extremely limited footballer. Poor mans Tony Adams maybe, but that would have to be a very poor man. Never a big fan of Tony Adams, thought he was a donkey of a footballer. But to compare Skrtel to him is a big insult on Adams. Skrtel cannot head the ball, how can you play CB then? Seems that he really went shit after the clash with Carragher as mentioned by someone, he wasn't great before that but after he's really been poor.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he's just a very destructive player, he gets stuck in to the opponents, but not with a footballers brain. I risk the wrath of Dracco, but for me he is anti-football, an out and out destroyer, who mauls opposition players, or goes down like a sack of the proverbial. The words cultured and skrtel would not be welcome together, to be fair I reckon he'd be a fucking hero at the pit. He just doesn't cut it, for me, as a liverpool player, maybe in time he could learn the trade, but for me, he just puts me in mind or Ruddock as someone who doesn't have the ability to be a liverpool centreback, sure he can grapple and shit but, we're used to more from a centreback than that. Look at the big greek bastard - he looks like someone who understands the game and how to play it within his ability, skrtel comes across as a new born terminator most of the time.

Never seems to try to play the ball for me, more interested in blocking opponents, trying to let the ball run out of play, or back to keeper, I know at times this is clever defending, but he seems to do it even when it's not on. I agree on the grappling too, too concerned about opponents, when do you see him intercepting the ball first and then playing simply to a red shirt or heaven forbid carry the ball forward.

I wonder do Willem II have any towering centrebacks in their ranks at the moment we could pick up for next to nothing.

I've been impressed with him mostly this season, but he really really needs to knock the in-box wrestling on the head now.

Game after game he's guilty of dragging an opponent pretty much to the deck when defending a set piece and it's only a matter of time before the referees wise up and punish him. He doesn't even try to hide it. I'm all for jostling for position and I know that there is a necessary physical battle in the box but he's taking it to another level. Someone at the club needs to have a fuckin word with him because yet again today he should have conceded a penalty.

Everyone is doing this shirt pulling in current football. But his problem is that he is doing JUST this shirt pulling without atleast trying to attack the ball in more than a half of our defending set pieces.

Carra is doing it also, always. But he atleast always watches the ball, not only the player.

Against WBA and Stoke Martin was really asking for a penalty. Happy that TV replay can´t be used by the refs.

he's just a very destructive player, he gets stuck in to the opponents, but not with a footballers brain. I risk the wrath of Dracco, but for me he is anti-football, an out and out destroyer, who mauls opposition players, or goes down like a sack of the proverbial. The words cultured and skrtel would not be welcome together, to be fair I reckon he'd be a fucking hero at the pit. He just doesn't cut it, for me, as a liverpool player, maybe in time he could learn the trade, but for me, he just puts me in mind or Ruddock as someone who doesn't have the ability to be a liverpool centreback, sure he can grapple and shit but, we're used to more from a centreback than that. Look at the big greek bastard - he looks like someone who understands the game and how to play it within his ability, skrtel comes across as a new born terminator most of the time.

It´s ok. Forum is to discuss different opinions on different players. I know that his heading and defending of set pieces is often pathetic.

I am big fan of him, but I am not blind.

Still better than ....;)