You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Times tomorrow - Indian tycoons target LFC

Ring of Fire

if we are lucky what will happen is some super rich man or group will come in,initially splash a couple hundred mill on players and what not just to get us back into title contention,get a stadium on the go,then ease back on the spending until eventually we won't need them(or him) to put any money in and we are at the stage where we can sustain ourselves at the top of the table and top of European competition.We need to be making as much money as is needed to keep us at the top with out sugar daddies having to constantly throw money at us.

having said all that i really don't give a damn if we ended as some super rich sugar daddy playing thing for awhile,it's not doing Chelsea any harm or city,once we are run properly we won't need to worry.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks - that's interesting as I'm suspicious of the Rhone "interest". Any sensible buyer will wait until the RBS deadline and screw the yanks down tight.

I think a few people feel that the Rhone 'interest/bid' is a way of trying to bring the investors out of the shadows.

i want DIC but i fear that ship has sailed

life is full of regrets

YEEEE - HAAAA

Pictured you in a little sailors outfit then.

Never mind, there's always next time. A little trawl round t'internet and I found this little beauty for you all. And people say I'm unhelpful!

Home

:biggrin:

Is it really that close?!

According to a couple of ITK on TIA, the majority of the £100m has to be paid by the 6th of april and all accounts settled by July, had a feeling that might have been the case.

On another note 6th of April will be 3 years and 60 Days, from the cunts takeover, be Ironic if something big happens that day eh!

Going in to administration...how likely?

I am rather naive when it comes to these things, but would it not make sense for RBS to take control of the club and sell it to the highest bidder rather than put it into administration? Surely administration would always be the last option as loosing 9 points reduces any fee RBS could hope to recoup as it damages our Champions League prospects (well would finish them this year) and put us at a great disadvantage next season.

The club effectively runs itself in terms of income as last years figures show, but it is the interest rates these pricks are making us pay that is the killer.

I am rather naive when it comes to these things, but would it not make sense for RBS to take control of the club and sell it to the highest bidder rather than put it into administration? Surely administration would always be the last option as loosing 9 points reduces any fee RBS could hope to recoup as it damages our Champions League prospects (well would finish them this year) and put us at a great disadvantage next season.

The club effectively runs itself in terms of income as last years figures show, but it is the interest rates these pricks are making us pay that is the killer.

I like the cut of your jib young Wezza.

Pointing to recent experience when the money made available to him has not been increased by qualification for the tournament, Benítez is not expecting any decrease to be implemented by Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr, the club’s co-owners, should Liverpool fail to finish in the top four.

“They [Hicks and Gillett] told me before that it didn’t make a big difference,” Benítez said. “Every year that we have qualified for the Champions League it hasn’t made a big difference so if we don’t qualify this time, I don’t expect a big difference.

Steve Bruce still has not made peace with Rafael Benítez | Premier League - Times Online

“They [Hicks and Gillett] told me before that it didn’t make a big difference,” Benítez said. “Every year that we have qualified for the Champions League it hasn’t made a big difference so if we don’t qualify this time, I don’t expect a big difference. "

Ha ha, love that.

“They [Hicks and Gillett] told me before that it didn’t make a big difference,” Benítez said. “Every year that we have qualified for the Champions League it hasn’t made a big difference so if we don’t qualify this time, I don’t expect a big difference. "

Ha ha, love that.

Same! I think he's basically taking the piss out of them now, which is good. Fuck knows what he'll come out with if he leaves.

Pointing to recent experience when the money made available to him has not been increased by qualification for the tournament, Benítez is not expecting any decrease to be implemented by Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr, the club’s co-owners, should Liverpool fail to finish in the top four.

“They [Hicks and Gillett] told me before that it didn’t make a big difference,” Benítez said. “Every year that we have qualified for the Champions League it hasn’t made a big difference so if we don’t qualify this time, I don’t expect a big difference.

Steve Bruce still has not made peace with Rafael Benítez | Premier League - Times Online

The Guardian has picked up on it

Rafael Benítez accuses Liverpool owners of denying him European riches• 'Champions League makes no difference to spending power'

Rafael BenÃ*tez accuses Liverpool owners of denying him European riches | Football | The Guardian

In other news: The Pope does shit in the woods. (after he's finished burying the evidence of child rape by Irish priest's by the old oak tree, the one where they used to burn all the witches at, near the cave where he keeps the Nazi gold and his Hitler youth uniform, just across the way from the pond where he throws all the boxes of Condoms he denies the African Aids victims)

I wonder why Rafa would risk saying something like that and basically taking the piss out of them, unless he knows that they will be gone soon so why not just stick the knife in?!? Maybe I am clutching onto straws there!

Id guess hes just hoping they'll be gone soon. He'd know more than us most likely!

Rhone Capital III L.P is a fund family of Rhone Capital, L.L.C.

which is an affiliate of Eton Park Capital Management, L.P.

Euroseas to form joint venture with Eton Park Capital Management and Rhone Capital | TradingMarkets.com

Eton Park Capital Management, L.P. have investments which include GMR Infrastructure, Jai Corp, a 5% stake in Reliance Capital Asset Management, part of Reliance ADA Group, headed up by Anil Ambani who is a good friend of Subrata Roy Sahara.

Rhone Capital III L.P is a fund family of Rhone Capital, L.L.C.

which is an affiliate of Eton Park Capital Management, L.P.

Euroseas to form joint venture with Eton Park Capital Management and Rhone Capital | TradingMarkets.com

Eton Park Capital Management, L.P. have investments which include GMR Infrastructure, Jai Corp, a 5% stake in Reliance Capital Asset Management, part of Reliance ADA Group, headed up by Anil Ambani who is a good friend of Subrata Roy Sahara.

MonkReturns.jpg